Archive for Thursday, December 8, 2011

Man who allegedly threatened Tonganoxie High School principal had gun when arrested

December 8, 2011, 12:08 p.m. Updated December 8, 2011, 5:00 p.m.

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story quoted a sheriff's officer saying the gun was discovered at the school. The officer said he was mistaken.

A rural Tonganoxie man who allegedly threatened the Tonganoxie High School principal earlier this week at the school had a gun when he was arrested.

Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor said Thursday the man informed officers about the gun during the arrest, which took place off school grounds. It is not clear whether the gun was in the man’s possession when he was at THS.

The man, who had a permit for the weapon, was arrested on charges of making criminal threats to the principal and for an outstanding warrant for contempt of court.

Officials allege the man kicked open the door to principal Jamie Carlisle’s office, according to reports.When Carlisle indicated he was going to contact authorities, the man said, “I may not take care of it here but, by God, I will take care of it somewhere,” the report said.

Leavenworth County Attorney Todd Thompson said Thursday afternoon he was awaiting information on the case from the sheriff’s office before determining whether to file charges against the man, who has been released from jail.

Comments

ignatius_j_reilly 3 years ago

It is absolutely astounding how many people with outstanding warrants do dumb things, knowing that if a police officer so much as runs his ID (which they will, every freaking time), he'll get in even more trouble.

Of course, most people with outstanding warrants are idiots to begin with, or have some sort of mental/stability/judgement problem which got them into that trouble in the first place.

imastinker 3 years ago

This whole article looks awfully familiar.

greenworld 3 years ago

the man said “I may not take care of it here but by God I will take care of it somewhere,” the report said. This says it all....

somedude20 3 years ago

I saya saya he done been possessed by a demon caused by "throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

FlawontheKaw 3 years ago

Ha Ha Ha This is satire right sd20? I am laughing so much my brain hurts. Way to satirize the ignorant, obviously unschooled religionists who are really just racists full of hatred and incapable of clear rational thought processes. Not to insult self respecting Neanderthals or anything but Jeezus sd did you really write this stuff? Yeehaw! Er...uh...wait....did I get that wrong?

somedude20 3 years ago

Those " " were the words of Jerry Falwell when explaining why 9/11 happened but I thought that what he said would work with this story

kawrivercrow 3 years ago

Props to the man for taking care of his daughter. Note he did not pull the gun, nor was it an issue until he was physically searched for it. I don't advocate kicking down doors, but if little bags of vinegar and water hide behind locked doors while shirking their duties, then sometimes doors just might need to be kicked down.

And yes, it may have been less than prudent for a guy with a warrant to attract police attention. Then again, maybe that was a small price to pay to get the necessary attention of those who may have been complicitly enabling a bully by willful negligence.

Also, I am an atheist, but by god I will use the term 'by god' any time I feel like it and no little ankle-biters will get very far by creating anti-religion strawmen because of it.

imastinker 3 years ago

I agree. There are circumstances where the actions taken may have been appropriate. Whether this is one of those circumstances is yet to be known.

Eugehne Normandin 3 years ago

little bags of water and vinegar I love it. kawrivercrow you are my idol

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years ago

A permit to do what-- threaten the principal and his secretary with it?

kawrivercrow 3 years ago

Is that what happened? Thanks in advance for your honesty.

pace 3 years ago

I read nowhere that he did that. Plenty of fodder to this store, no need to add manure.

4getabouit 3 years ago

"I agree. There are circumstances where the actions taken may have been appropriate. Whether this is one of those circumstances is yet to be know"

How pathetic....defending some drugstore cowboy with his "big man" gun kicking in doors and storming into a school. Apparently he had nothing to do while avoiding his previous contempt of court charge so he decided to threaten the principal. What a crock. Take his gun and put him away.

imastinker 3 years ago

nobody even knows if he had a gun at the school at all. I'm not defending him either.

pace 3 years ago

Of course we don't want to get sidetracked by the permit to own and any criminal or anger management issues.