Archive for Friday, April 15, 2011

KU police release photos of person of interest in KU shower peeping case

April 15, 2011

Kansas University police released these photos of a person of interest connected with three reports of a man who reportedly peeked into the showers of female KU students in McCollum and Hashinger residence halls. Anyone with information in the case or who recognizes the person in the photo is encouraged to call KU Crime Stoppers at 864-8888.

Kansas University police have released photographs of a person of interest in three reports of a man peeking into the showers at female students at Hashinger and McCollum residence halls at KU this week.

The suspect has been described as a white male, 18 to 21 years old, 6-foot-3, with short, light-brown hair. He was wearing a red shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes, according to KU Police Capt. Schuyler Bailey.

A woman reported a man looked into the shower stall while she was inside it Monday evening in a fourth-floor Hashinger Hall women’s restroom, and similar reports were made Wednesday morning at McCollum Hall on the eighth and third floors, Bailey said.

KU released an updated crime alert on the incidents Friday morning, including the photographs. Anyone with information on the case or who recognizes the person in the photo is encouraged to call KU Crime Stoppers at 864-8888.

Comments

maxcrabb 3 years, 8 months ago

Any plans to make photos/videos available for mobile web users? Site all ready works great as far as finding stories/ reading on my phone, would be amazing if all media was available as well.

maxcrabb 3 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I was sitting down, alone.

And I prefer the term geek, thank you.

grammaddy 3 years, 8 months ago

A very ugly FEMALE Republican. You can see it's bra.

BigPrune 3 years, 8 months ago

if that ordinance were passed, he wouldn't be breaking the law if he claims to be "gender confused."

repaste 3 years, 8 months ago

Darn ordinance. You can't get it out of your mind eh?

BigPrune 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't want the populus to forget - so it doesn't get sneaked in.

deec 3 years, 8 months ago

Actually he would be breaking the law. Peeping is peeping. It wouldn't make any difference if he was an actual woman pulling back the curtain to take a gander. It would still be illegal. I think someone doth protest too much.

BigPrune 3 years, 8 months ago

Okay, so if the ordinance is passed, this guy wouldn't have to peep to see, he'd be allowed to walk right in and shower with them.

muttonchops 3 years, 8 months ago

What's disappointing about this picture quality is it looks like it could be several people I know, including myself. Not exactly gonna nail down anything solid with that kind of resolution.

muttonchops 3 years, 8 months ago

True enough. Either way, I'm sure if the police found the right guy, he'd admit his guilt without much pressuring. I can't imagine more than a slap on the wrist, though. Perhaps expulsion from the dorms if he was a resident (which I doubt). Maybe some community service, at worst.

labmonkey 3 years, 8 months ago

He could do like Peter Griffin and claim "retarded."

RKLOG 3 years, 8 months ago

I thought that these dorms try to keep out non-patrons. I wonder if the guy lives there or is a friend of someone living there. This one might be solved quickly if either are true.