• Landplan Engineering has promoted Brian Sturm to project landscape architect. Sturm has been a member of the Landplan Engineering team since 2006. His current project involvement includes tracking development issues in Douglas County and feasibility studies for program clients throughout Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Michigan and Ohio.
• This year marks the 25th annual Small Business Celebration “A History of Success,” and the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce announces the Top 10 Small Businesses vying for the chamber’s 2011 Small Business of the Year and Mr. K Award. One of the Top 10 Small Business honorees is EMR Inc. of Lawrence. The celebration will conclude with the 25th Annual Small Business Celebration Awards Dinner May 25 at the Muehlebach Tower during which the winners will be announced.
• Kay Hale, a member of the League of Women Voters-Lawrence/Douglas County, completed a training program March 25-27 in Warwick, R.I., as part of the national league’s membership and leadership development program. The training prepared Hale to serve as a mentor to local leagues.
• The Lawrence Technology Association April luncheon will be from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 at Oriental Bistro & Grill, 1511 W. 23rd St. Cost is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Speaker will be Kyle Johnson, founder and CEO of AudioAnywhere LLC. To register, contact Kerri Johnson at 832-2824 or firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Friday.
• Lawrence Chamber of Commerce announces upcoming events:
Seminar: “How To Do Business With The Public Sector,” 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the Big 6 Room of The Eldridge Hotel, 701 Mass. The event is open to the public. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers. Reservations may be made through 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Pinnacle Career Institute, 11:30 a.m. April 21, 1601 W. 23rd St., Suite 200.
Larsen & Associates Inc., 4:30 p.m. April 28, 1311 E. 25th St., Suite B.
• Reece & Nichols Premier Acres Realty celebrated the opening of its new office at 1127 Iowa with a Realtor open house on March 30. Reece & Nichols Premier Realty formerly operated an office in Eudora from which it served Eudora, Lawrence and surrounding markets. It merged with Reece & Nichols ACRES Realty LLC, already in Lawrence. They are now Reece & Nichols Premier Acres Realty.