Here are some Memorial Day weekend services in the area:
• U.S. Air Force Heartland of America Band will present a free Brass in Blue concert. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The concert begins at 7 p.m. at the Lansing High School auditorium, 220 Lion Ln., Lansing.
• 1 p.m. at Tonganoxie VFW Park, VFW members in uniform conduct a rifle salute and “Taps” is played. Rev. Mike Bronson of West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie will speak.
• Memorial services in the McLouth area: 1 p.m. at Fowler Cemetery and 2:30 p.m. at Wildhorse Cemetery.
• Memorial service in the Jarbalo area: 2 p.m. at Fall Creek Cemetery.
• Leavenworth National Cemetery annual service, 9 a.m. The ceremony is scheduled to last about one hour and ends with a 21-gun salute by the 500th Military Police from Fort Leavenworth and playing of "Taps." Brass in Blue will perform patriotic music before and after the ceremony. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early because of construction around the cemetery.
Parking is available at the flag pole across from Building 19 on the main grounds of the Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center, 4104 Fourth St. in Leavenworth, with shuttle transportation provided to the National Cemetery, 150 Muncie Rd. Limited handicapped parking is available.
• At 10 a.m. services at Bonner Springs Cemetery, Metropolitan Avenue and Sheidley Street.
• Baldwin City's Lloyd Beaton American Legion Post will have its annual Memorial Day ceremony at 10 a.m. Monday at Oakwood Cemetery in the southeast portion of the city. In case of inclement weather, such as has occurred the last two years, the ceremony will be in Legion Hall at 803 High Street.
• Memorial services will be 11 a.m. at McLouth Cemetery.
• The Basehor VFW will have its annual service at noon at Glenwood Cemetery, which is 0.4 of a mile south of U.S. Highway 24-40 on 158th Street or County Road 2 near Basehor.
• Edwardsville will have services at 2 p.m. at Edwardsville Cemetery, 1501 S. 104th St., Edwardsville.