• Drivers should expect lanes to be closed one at a time this week along Sixth Street, from Monterey Way to Folks Road, as crews continue to make pavement repairs.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will be closed this week from Harvard Road to Ninth Street as crews work to replace an underground waterline. The project also will lead to intermittent lane and access closures on Orchard Lane, from Iowa to Centennial Drive; Westdale Road, from Harvard to Yale Road; and on Yale, from Westdale to Iowa. Centennial also will be closed to through traffic, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, from Ninth to Yale.
• The intersection of North Second and Locust streets in North Lawrence remains a construction site. Traffic is limited to one lane heading south, while drivers going north are directed onto a detour that includes Elm, North Third, Locust and Lyon streets. City officials have said they plan to have traffic moving north through the intersection — and the detour eliminated — by April 5.
• Douglas County Road 9, which is East 1500 Road, is closed until late spring from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40.
Kansas Highway 10
• The Kill Creek Road bridge that crosses over Kansas Highway 10 in Johnson County will be reduced to one lane beginning at 8 a.m. Monday as crews resurface the bridge deck. Temporary traffic signals will control when traffic approaching the bridge either must stop or go. Work will be expected to be finished in late June.
• The entrance ramp from 38th Street to westbound I-70 and the left lane for traffic heading west on I-70 in Leavenworth County will be closed after rush hour Monday for bridge repairs. The project is expected to last into mid-April.
• Drivers should expect alternating lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. today and Monday along Interstate 435, from the Kansas River bridge to Interstate 35 in Johnson County, as crews repair pavement.
Kansas Highway 7
• The Johnson Drive access to and from Kansas Highway 7 in Johnson County will close at 9 a.m. Monday for construction on the east side of an ongoing interchange project. A detour will be posted. The Johnson Drive access will be expected to reopen to all traffic in mid-2011.