Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kansas House approves medical gas installation regulations

A bill proposed to the state senate passed Tuesday. The bill will regulate the installation process used in medical facilities on their gas lines.

March 23, 2010, 10:44 a.m. Updated March 23, 2010, 10:44 a.m.

Advertisement

— The Kansas House on Tuesday approved a bill aimed at regulating the installation of medical gas systems, which was prompted by a 2009 incident in Lawrence that seriously injured a Tonganoxie teen.

Last March, Austin Stone was hospitalized after complications arose from medical gas he received while having his wisdom teeth removed. The incident left him blind, hard of hearing and has caused problems with his speech.

The incident occurred at a dental surgery center in Lawrence operated by Dr. S. Kirk Vincent at 4811 Bob Billings Parkway. In a letter to the city, Dr. Vincent said the incident was caused by improper installation of the medical gas lines.

The House bill would require that repairs, maintenance and inspection of medical gas piping systems be done by a person that is licensed under the relevant city and county ordinances. The measure, approved 90-32, goes to the Senate for consideration.

Comments

Number_1_Grandma 4 years ago

Come on 458casul...It's obvious, by your previous posts; that you (Vito's Plumbing) have a grudge against Action Plumbing. Don't you have enough to worry about with running your own business.....

0

Michael Capra 4 years ago

not one word about that action plumbing was the cause of this mess

0

blue73harley 4 years ago

I'd like to see a follow up story on Austin Stone.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.