Need to brush up on money management skills?
Want to learn how to better protect yourself and home?
These are some of the topics that will be offered during a series of programs for older adults called “Skillbuilders.”
The programs will be presented every Thursday in April, from 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., in the Lawrence Public Library’s gallery room, 707 Vt.
There is no registration or charge for any of the presentations.
Refreshments will be served.
Complimentary transportation is available by calling the Senior Services transportation department at 842-0543 or the Douglas County Visiting Nurses, Rehabilitation and Hospice Care at 843-3738.
Here’s the lineup:
• April 1 — “Strengthening Your Spiritual Well-Being,” by Paul Reed, VNA hospice chaplain.
• April 8 — “Managing Your Money,” by Steve Hamilton, VSR Financial.
• April 15 — “Car Care” by Richard Haig, Westside 66.
• April 22 — “Personal Safety and Home Security,” by Douglas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Gary Squires.
• April 29 — “Talk with Your Doctor Like a Pro” by Lisa Mitchell, registered nurse.
The series is presented by the Outreach Services of the Lawrence Public Library; Douglas County VNA; and Douglas County Senior Services.
For more information about Skillbuilders, call Pattie Johnston at 843-3833, ext. 115.