Archive for Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kansas Board of Regents elect new chairman, other leaders

June 24, 2010

— Members of the Kansas Board of Regents elected a new chairman and vice chairman during their Thursday meeting.

Gary Sherrer, of Overland Park, was elected as chairman and Ed McKechnie, of Arcadia, was named vice chairman.

Sherrer is a former lieutenant governor and state commerce secretary. He was first appointed to the board in 2007.

McKechnie is the executive vice president for strategic development and the chief commercial officer for Watco Companies Inc., in Pittsburg. He served in the Kansas House of Representatives from 1991 to 2001. He was appointed to the board in February.

Comments

TrooGrit 3 years, 10 months ago

Of course, when I asked for evidence, they could provide none. When I asked for proof, they went away. I'd guess they just don't like this guy, for some reason. Why don't all you naysayers come forward? Punk asses.

beobachter 3 years, 10 months ago

For all you critics, what have you accomplished? He is on the board of regents, Where are you?

billybob1 3 years, 10 months ago

Thank you; and I stand by my earlier comment: he has accomplished absolutely nothing.

TrooGrit 3 years, 10 months ago

Can't say as I can find anything too troubling in that bio. Maybe the others are just making oysters, when they could be squeezing out some juice?

billybob1 3 years, 10 months ago

I happen to agree with happyrock. Gary Sherrer is a doofus. Civics must think he knows something the rest of us do not. Please inform us.

TrooGrit 3 years, 10 months ago

I think it's civics that's been at the oxygen starvation end of the gene pool for too long. It's easy to make incendiary statements such as he/she/it has made, without any real facts to back it up.

happyrock 3 years, 10 months ago

Enlighten me, please. By the way, being Lt. Governor is not an accomplishment. I will eagerly await the response from the Gary Dufus fanclub.

civics 3 years, 10 months ago

Well Happyrock you obviously have no idea or clue of Mr. Sherrer's past accomplishments both in the public and private sectors. I will not waste our time listing them for you as I want you to continue to live in your shallow end of the gene pool and ignore all facts that might actually give you an informed opinion.

happyrock 3 years, 10 months ago

Well, Homey let's see. I hold a real job, I pay my taxes and give of my time and money. You must subscribe to the Gary Sherrer motto: If you can't work, teach and if you can't teach, work for the government.

Homey 3 years, 10 months ago

And you have accomplished what?

happyrock 3 years, 10 months ago

I guess being a moron qualifies you to be Chairman of the Board of Regents.