Archive for Monday, June 7, 2010

20-year-old man reports being robbed near downtown early Sunday morning

June 7, 2010

A Lawrence police spokeswoman said the incident occurred about 2:45 a.m. after the victim left the Tonic Lounge in the 700 block of Massachusetts in a car with four men. Police said the victim knew two of the people in the car.

At some point in the ride, the victim took out his wallet. Police said one of the men grabbed the money and demanded all of the victim’s cash. The victim got out of the car and ran.

Police said the incident happened in the area between Eighth and Ninth streets near Connecticut or New Hampshire.

Police are still looking for the suspects involved in the robbery.

Comments

maxcrabb 4 years, 6 months ago

"One of those friends is not like the other, one of those friends does not belong. Can you tell me which friend is not like the other by the time I'm finished (typing) singing this song?"

(ok, ok, so he just 'knows' two of the guys...)

KU_cynic 4 years, 6 months ago

I feel sorry for this victim, but that said . . .

When are all these victims of crimes that occur downtown in the wee hours after bar closing going to remember the words of wisdom from their mothers that "Nothing good happens after midnight."

corkster 4 years, 6 months ago

was it the people who knew the victim who robbed him or the other two? or one of each? what kind of morons rob someone who knows them? or knows how to get to them? granted, you have to be pretty off-your-rocker to rob someone in the first place, but if they wanted to get caught, they're certainly making one good decision.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 4 years, 6 months ago

I wonder if the theives KNEW that the victim knew two of the other people in the car. I wonder what kind of conversation they had after he bolted.

corkster 4 years, 6 months ago

The_Big_B, i just read your comment. Lol. Looks like we think alike :-)

corkster 4 years, 6 months ago

Lol OldEnuf. maybe something like: "I won't say anything if you won't say anything." "Well, I won't say anything if you won't." "I won't. Btw, do you know any cops." "No. Dan?" "I wanna go home"

Soap 4 years, 6 months ago

Were they Hispanic?? I heard the Hispanics were up to no good..

Richard Heckler 4 years, 6 months ago

Beware of the Tonic!!!

Better yet call a cab..... or your parents.

tellitlikeitis 4 years, 6 months ago

''A 20-year-old Spring Hill man reported being robbed by several men after accepting a ride home from a downtown Lawrence bar early Sunday morning.''

......maybe since he is only 20, he should have stayed home anyways. I didn't think that Tonic was a 18+ bar?