• Crews continue work to resurface East 23rd Street, from just west of Haskell Avenue to the city’s eastern border. Pavement-removal operations occur during the day, while resurfacing work is scheduled for overnight during the coming weeks. One lane is to remain open in each direction for traffic during construction.
• The Kansas Turnpike’s East Lawrence interchange, Exit 204, remains closed for reconstruction. It is scheduled to reopen by Thanksgiving.
• The city’s annual repaving program continues, with crews working on a number of residential streets.
• The right lane for traffic going north on Iowa Street is set to be closed this week from Stratford to Harvard roads. Oxford Road is closed to through traffic from Iowa to Highland Drive.
• The 900 block of New York Street is closed to through traffic as crews work to restore it as a brick street.
• Crews continue patching and crack-sealing work in various areas of Lawrence, with temporary lane closures — but no detours — expected during such work.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Drivers on the Kansas Turnpike just east of Lawrence are limited to one lane in each direction as crews rebuild turnpike lanes from just east of the interchange to a point just west of the Lawrence service area. The limits will be expected to remain until just before Thanksgiving; the service area is scheduled to remain open throughout construction.
• Westbound I-70 is reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily except Sundays, extending from 3.3 miles just west of Urish Road to Danbury Lane and also from just east of Carnahan Avenue to the Kansas Turnpike Authority east toll booth plaza, all in Shawnee County, for concrete repair work. Work is scheduled to be finished in October.
• Work to repair an entrance ramp at the I-70/Kansas Turnpike interchange with Kansas Highway 7 is scheduled to be finished Monday.
• Work continues where I-70 and Interstate 435 connect in Wyandotte County. The northbound I-435 to westbound I-70 ramp will remain closed until early August. The westbound I-70 to southbound I-435 ramp will remain closed through late July.
• A repair and resurfacing project is under way for the southbound side of Interstate 435, from 87th Street to Antioch Road in Johnson County. Work is set for 7:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. daily. Once finished, crews will start work on northbound lanes. Drivers should expect frequent lane closures on nights and weekends and occasional ramp closures as well, said Kim Qualls, a Kansas Department of Transportation spokeswoman. The project is to be finished in early October.
• Northbound Interstate 635 is reduced to one lane from Merriam Lane in Johnson County to Georgia Avenue in Wyandotte County for pavement-marking work from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Mondays through Fridays and all day and night Saturdays.