• Mark your calendars: On March 22, the Kansas Turnpike plans to close its East Lawrence interchange, in North Lawrence, for seven months of reconstruction work.
• Reconstruction continues at the intersection of North Second and Locust streets in North Lawrence. One lane of North Second is closed for traffic heading south through the intersection. Both lanes are closed for traffic heading north. Northbound vehicles follow a detour that includes Elm, North Third, Locust and — crossing Union Pacific Railroad tracks — Lyon streets. State transportation officials expect the detour to last through the month.
• Drivers may face slow traffic periods as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa. While the section in Douglas County remains an active work zone, the section in Franklin County is expected to open to traffic in the spring.
• Douglas County Road 9, or East 1500 Road, is closed from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40. Crews hired by the Kansas Turnpike Authority are continuing bridge-construction activities. The closure is scheduled to last until late spring.
• Eastbound and westbound traffic on Interstate 470 in Shawnee County will have alternating lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, from Interstate 70 to the turnpike’s toll plaza, for pavement repairs.
U.S. Highway 69
• The right lane for traffic heading north on U.S. Highway 69 in Johnson County, from 91st to 95th streets, will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday for work on a box culvert.
• The right shoulder entrance ramp between 103rd Street and U.S. 69 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in Johnson County for installation of street lights.
• Traffic in both directions along U.S. 69 will have varying lane closures at Bluejacket, in Johnson County, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for work on traffic signals.
• A section of U.S. 69 in Wyandotte County, known as the 18th Street Expressway, continues to be limited to one lane in each direction from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily as crews paint the bridge.
Work is expected to last into late March.