Searches for three major academic leadership positions at Kansas University are nearing an end, with candidates visiting campus in coming weeks.
KU is looking for a new provost, a new dean of its College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a new dean of the School of Music.
Four candidates for the liberal arts position and three for the music deanship are scheduled to visit the campus. The visits will feature public sessions. Candidate visits for the provost opening are anticipated to be in February.
Names and vitae for the candidates will be released 48 hours before candidates’ arrivals at the Web site www.provost.ku.edu/search. The announced visit schedule so far includes:
Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences:
• First candidate, Jan. 24-26
• Second candidate, Jan. 31-Feb. 2
• Third candidate, Feb. 3-5
• Fourth candidate, Feb. 10-12
Dean of the School of Music:
• First candidate, Feb. 9-12
• Second candidate, Feb. 17-20
• Third candidate, Feb. 28-March 3