Constitution Hall in Lecompton is sponsoring a lecture and dramatic interpretation series on “Bleeding Kansas 2010.”
The series will examine the conflict over slavery in the Kansas Territory and along the Missouri border between 1854 and 1861. Admission is free, and all events begin at 2 p.m. at the Constitution Hall State Historic Site, 319 Elmore St., Lecompton.
Here’s the schedule:
• Jan. 31: We, the people of Kansas … The Wyandotte Constitution and the Birth of the 34th Star.
• Feb. 7: Asa Reynard, My Family’s Original Jayhawk.
• Feb. 14: Contested Ground: The African-American Experience in Territorial Kansas.
• Feb. 21: Jayhawkers: The Civil War Brigade of James H. Lane.
• Feb. 28: Between Two Fires: Cass County Families, Chaos and Order No. 11.
For more information, visit lecomptonkansas.com or call Tim Rues at 785-887-6520.