Agenda highlights • 6:35 p.m. Tuesday • City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets • Sunflower Broadband Channel 25 • Meeting documents online at lawrenceks.org
City commissioners will debate a request to rezone nearly 11 acres at the southeast corner of Inverness and Clinton Parkway to allow for an apartment development.
The 161-unit development has been before the commission previously. Commissioners originally rejected the rezoning request but reconsidered after the developer agreed to limit the number of unrelated adults living in the apartments to no more than two. The developer also has designed the apartment complex to all single bedroom units, and has agreed to an extensive landscape plan. The project has been opposed by several neighbors who say the area has become overloaded with apartments.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
• Approve all claims. The list of approved claims will be posted to the agenda the day after the City Commission meeting.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the city clerk’s office.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Approve purchase for one skid steer loader for the Public Works Department from K.C. Bobcat for the HGAC cooperative contract price of $42,414.
• Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8493, for Special Use Permit (SUP-10-10-09) for Lawrence Community Shelter, at 944 Ky.
• Approve Special Event SE-1-1-10 for Seasonal Garden Sales at 845 Iowa from June 3 to July 1.
• Approve the following items relating to sidewalk dining and hospitality area at Esquina, 801 Mass.:
a.) Approve Site Plan SP-12-54-09 for a restaurant and sidewalk dining for Esquina, to be at 801 Mass. Submitted by Paul Werner Architects, for Round Corner Inv. LLC, property owner of record.
b.) Approve sidewalk dining and hospitality license for Esquina.
c.) Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8495, allowing possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on certain city property pursuant to Esquina’s sidewalk dining and hospitality license.
• Receive the 2009 Year End Revenue and Expenditure Report for Building Activity.
• Authorize the mayor to sign a subordination agreement for Jonathan Willems, 2517 Cimarron Drive.
• Receive request for changes to the street vendor license ordinance; refer to staff for a report.
• Receive request from Louise’s Downtown, 1009 Mass., for a waiver to the city code for sidewalk dining & hospitality license provisions found in Chapter 6, Article 1202.13.
• Receive system development charges report.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Consider approving rezoning (Z-7-11-09) for approximately 11 acres, on the southeast corner of Inverness and Clinton Parkway, 4300 W. 24th Place, from RSO (Single-Dwelling Residential Office) to RM15 (Multi-Dwelling Residential). Submitted by BG Consultants Inc., for Inverness Park LP, property owner of record.
• Consider adopting on first reading, Ordinance No. 8467, redefining the term structure to explicitly exclude driveways and other parking areas and amending other provisions of the City’s Environmental Code.
• Receive staff report regarding the Google Fiber for Communities program; consider authorizing staff to complete and submit the required questionnaire on behalf of the City Commission to nominate Lawrence as a potential location for the Google Fiber for Communities project, and consider authorizing staff to solicit public support for the project.