To the editor:
• Man sets fire to his home with wife and daughter inside, then gets in his plane and flies into a building.
• Drug raid — three face meth charges, right here at our Lawrence, Kansas, doorstep.
• Forced break-ins, thefts of all kinds. The police and district attorney can’t keep up with all of it. (I, myself, was the victim in a forced entry with all my personal work tools stolen. I would have loved to have caught them!)
• Man stops to give aid and is dragged out of his nice pickup truck and had it hijacked in front of his eyes! Later, he found it wrecked.
• Kansas Legislature votes 20-20 on measure to repeal Kansas death penalty. Why would we want it repealed? And who are these 20 liberals who voted to repeal?
Folks, these are troubling times. The liberals and bleeding hearts are trying to bring us down to their level. We better stand up and get back in control.
“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” How could one find dignity in such activities as stated above? Mankind needs punishment for their bad choices and resulting actions. God help us, forgive us. To get back to basics, we need to be reawakened. What is it going to take?