Agenda highlights • 6:35 p.m. Tuesday • City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets • Sunflower Broadband Channel 25 • Meeting documents online at lawrenceks.org
City commissioners again will discuss their willingness to take over ownership of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Depot in east Lawrence.
The city may be required to make significant improvements to the building to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and has applied for a state grant that would fund much of the work. But staff members are seeking direction from commissioners on whether to proceed with the ownership transfer if the city does not receive the grant. ADA costs are expected to be at least $160,000, and the building needs other non-ADA repairs, such as a new roof.
5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Joint city, county and school board meeting.
Regular City Commission meeting begins.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Jan. 26.
• Receive minutes from boards and commissions.
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the Department of Administrative Services.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of March 2 for City Bid No. B1007, Project No. PW1005, 2010 Overlay Program, Phase 1.
b.) Set bid date of March 16 for the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program at 1132 R.I.
c.) Set a bid date of March 16 for Bid No. B1006 Project CS0707 for Pump Station No. 25 and Force Main Upgrade.
d.) Authorize purchase for one farm tractor and loader for the Public Works Department from Heritage Tractor Co. at the state’s cooperative contract price of $56,354.40.
• Adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8491, regulating licensing and operation of pedicabs in the city.
• Adopt on second and final reading Ordinance No. 8488, for Special Use Permit (SUP-12-11-09) to expand research services in portions of buildings at 645-647 Mass.
• Approve Rezoning Z-12-30-09 for about 8.71 acres from RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential) to RMO (Multi-Dwelling Residential-Office), at 3312 Calvin Drive. Submitted by Landplan Engineering, for Grace Evangelical Presbyterian Church, property owner of record.
• Approve Rezoning Z-11-20-09 for about 2.98 acres from U (Urban Reserve) to CO (Office Commercial), at 525 Wakarusa Drive. Submitted by Bartlett & West Inc. for CPC Ventures Inc., property owner of record.
• Initiate Text Amendments to the Land Development Code, Chapter 20, Article 8 Code of the City of Lawrence to revise requirements and standards related to the processing of minor and major subdivisions.
• Approve submittal of the Douglas County Community Foundation grant application to host a one-day Complete Streets workshop.
• Authorize the mayor to execute a proposed agreement with Rural Water District No. 2 for treatment and transmission of water and sale of water.
• Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Debra Fattaahi, 2721 Harrison Place.
• Receive proposal from the Advanced Alternative Energy Corporation and refer to the Sustainability Advisory Board for review and comment.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Consider approving a memorandum of understanding with Kansas University to partner on a joint transit maintenance facility.
• Receive staff memoranda on possible uses of a city-owned building at 1920 Moodie Road.
• Receive staff memoranda on the acquisition of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe station.