• Crews will be making repairs to streets in North Lawrence in preparation for paving operations set to begin in May.
• Crews will be starting on crack-sealing work, generally on streets east of Iowa Street. Temporary lane closures are expected but no detours onto other streets are scheduled.
• The right lane for traffic heading north on Iowa Street will remain closed this week from Harvard Road to Ninth Street as crews replace an underground waterline. Also continuing: intermittent lane and access closures on Orchard Lane, from Iowa to Centennial Drive; Westdale Road, from Harvard to Yale Road; and on Yale, from Westdale to Iowa. Centennial also remains closed to through traffic, from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily, from Ninth to Yale.
• Drivers are prohibited from turning left off North Second Street at Locust Street in North Lawrence, as construction work continues at the intersection. The entire project is scheduled for completion in August.
• The 1000 block of New York Street is closed for brick street restoration.
• Douglas County Road 9, which is East 1500 Road, is closed until late spring from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40.
• Sweeping of the barrier wall will continue along Interstate 70, from Gage Boulevard to Adams Street in Shawnee County, prompting intermittent lane closures for westbound traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Work also will cause such disruptions for eastbound traffic, from Adams to First Street.
• The exit ramp to 10th Street/Mission Creek and the right lane for traffic heading west on I-70 in Shawnee County in Leavenworth County will be closed for pavement repairs from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday.
U.S. Highway 24
• Traffic on the U.S. Highway 24 bridge over Mud Creek — about 2.3 miles east of the U.S. 24 junction with U.S. Highway 59 in North Lawrence — will be reduced to one lane for pavement repair from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone.
Kansas Highway 10
• The right lane for traffic traveling in both directions on Kansas Highway 10, from Renner Boulevard to Kansas Highway 7 in Johnson County, will find the right lane closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through Tuesday, as crews seal pavement.
• Traffic in both directions along Interstate 435, from Interstate 35 to State Line Road in Johnson County, will encounter varying lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, as crews repair pavement.
• Traffic in both directions along I-435, from Midland to I-35 in Johnson County, will encounter varying lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, as crews repair pavement.
• The southbound entrance and exit ramps for traffic on Interstate 435 at the Woodend Road interchange will close at 9 a.m. Tuesday for widening work. The northbound entrance and exit ramps at the interchange already are closed. The project, in Johnson County, is expected to be finished by the end of this month.