Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Former KU leader gets gig in D.C. but can stay in Lawrence

April 13, 2010

Advertisement

A former Kansas University official and Lawrence resident has accepted a position as director of the Social Innovation Fund.

Paul Carttar, a former executive vice chancellor for external affairs at KU, will lead the initiative that is expected to generate $200 million in public and private funds.

He will continue to live in Lawrence, but will work in Washington. D.C. Established with the passage of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, the Social Innovation Fund will work with successful nonprofit organizations.

Carttar said the work will be focused in the areas of economic opportunity, youth development and school support and healthy futures.

He said he would lean on his previous experience in the public, private and nonprofit sectors.

“These are issues that directly touch people’s lives, and so to see any success in those kind of endeavors is tremendously satisfying,” Carttar said.

Before he began his new position last week, Carttar had been working for the Monitor Group, a strategic consulting firm, and with its affiliated nonprofit organization, New Profit Inc.

Comments

Kansas_Supporter 4 years ago

I know Carttar and some of his accomplishments. The federal government is fortunate to get the benefit of his talents to help drive accountability and effectiveness in federate disbursements. With all the talk about waste in federal government, it is nice to see someone hired who will actually address those concerns.

0

Stacy Napier 4 years ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

0

Newell_Post 4 years ago

George Washington's cabinet consisted of 4 people, and he got along just fine:

Secretary of State Secretary of War Secretary of Treasury Attorney General

0

Newell_Post 4 years ago

I used to work around DC, and 75% of the residents there are retired bureaucrats working for some kind of "think tank," or "consulting firm," or "fund." It's all BS. They are just getting government grants to supplement their pensions. They don't actually do anything. The other 25% are prostitutes. No, wait. 100% of everybody in DC except the military, treasury, and post office are prostitutes....

0

Newell_Post 4 years ago

Just more semi-legal waste, fraud, and abuse....

0

Number_1_Grandma 4 years ago

"affiliated nonprofit organization, New Profit Inc."

Yep, sounds like a perfect DC person to me...LOL

0

zhinwjj 4 years ago

I like this site very much

jordan air max oakland raiders $34--39; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $32; jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $37; EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $16; coach okely Adidas CHANEL DG Sunglass $18; ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com==== I like this site very much ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com==== jordan air max oakland raiders $34--39; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $32; jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $37; EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $16; coach okely Adidas CHANEL DG Sunglass $18; ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com==

0

KU_cynic 4 years ago

I fully expect that the Social Innovation Fund will adopt Trajan font and royal blue type for all its official stationery.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.