After fire, KU Kappa Kappa Gamma women will spend weekend away from sorority house
Members of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority living in their chapter house will spend the weekend elsewhere after smoke was detected in an upper floor room on Friday.
The incident set off sprinklers, and caused water and smoke damage to the property, which will be repaired over the weekend, said Emily Loyd, Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter president.
Sorority members were evacuated during the incident, though its exact nature remained unclear Friday evening.
Loyd said firefighters were still seeking to determine a cause of the incident and whether a fire occurred in the room. No one was injured, Loyd said.
She said she made the decision to send members home this weekend in consultation with the sorority’s house mother to allow for repairs to take place.