Bottom Line: City commissioners will receive an update on plans to extend a city waterline to the Lawrence Municipal Airport in North Lawrence.
Background: The waterline would open the airport property up to future business development. Plans call for the line to go up North Seventh Street and then follow U.S. Highway 24-40 to the airport. City leaders hope to accept bids for the project in mid-October.
• 4 p.m. Joint meeting with Douglas County commissioners and Lawrence school board members.
• 6:35 p.m. Regular City Commission meeting begins.
• Proclaim Sept. 21 to 27 to be Festival of Cultures Week.
• Recognition of the Lawrence Public Library.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Aug. 25 and Sept. 1.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the Department of Administrative Services.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of Oct. 6 for the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program at 936 Pa. and 317 Lawrence Ave.
b.) Set bid date of Oct. 13 for the 2009 Weatherization Program.
c.) Award bid for the laundry/dry cleaning of police uniforms and clothing to Hygienic Cleaners for a total of $17,800 (the estimated cost to serve officers at the ITC), and to Scotch Fabric Care Services for a total of $19,170 (the estimated cost to serve officers at the LEC).
d.) Approve change order No. 1 to the construction contract with I-Con Underground, LLC for 2008 CIPP Project Phase II, Project UT0811, increasing the contract amount by $48,755 for the sanitary sewer rehabilitation associated with the Oread Inn Project.
e.) Authorize additions to the concrete trail at DeVictor Park using Hicks Classic Concrete for $19,724.
f.) Authorize the City Manager to sign an agreement with Innoprise Software to assume the support for our current H.T.E. ERP software system for $22,295 for the remainder of 2009 and then $89,180 annually beginning in 2010.
• Adopt the following ordinance(s) on first reading:
a.) Ordinance No. 8460, amending the 2006 International Residential Code and 2006 International Plumbing Code to allow the use of CPVC piping in potable water supply systems. Staff Memo & Attachments.
b.) Ordinance No. 8461, adopting the 2008 National Electrical Code to become effective Jan. 1, 2010.
• Adopt on second and final reading, Ordinance No. 8456, for Special Use Permit (SUP-4-3-09) repealing the Adaptive Reuse of a Historic Property element of the application, for property at 603 Tenn. for a Bed & Breakfast.
• Approve the following Text Amendments:
a.) TA-4-4-09, to various sections of the City of Lawrence Land Development Code to address implementation issues regarding Parking Standards and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8453, for Text Amendment (TA-4-4-09), to various sections of the City of Lawrence Land Development Code to address implementation issues regarding Parking Standards.
b.) Approve Text Amendment TA-6-15-09, to Article 10 of the City of Lawrence Land Development Code to amend standards for landscape plans and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8455, for Text Amendment (TA-6-15-09), to Article 10 of the City of Lawrence Land Development Code to amend standards for landscape plans.
• Approve a special event permit, SE-9-32-09, for a haunted house at 1803 W. Sixth St. from Oct. 27 to Oct. 31. Submitted by Fraternal Order of the Eagles, property owner of record.
• Authorize city manager and director of finance to execute necessary agreement with US Bank to provide City banking services.
• Approve as signs of community interest, a request from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to place yard signs advertising the Light the Night Walk throughout the city in various places on Sixth Street and around Watson Park.
• Authorize the mayor to sign grant documents and assurances as may be required for participation in the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program (HPRP) program by the City.
• Authorize city manager to execute the First Addendum to Agreement with Hetrick Air Services Inc. regarding rental rate and removal of lease option at the Municipal Airport. Staff Memo Agreement.
• Receive city manger’s report.
• Receive briefing on the status of waterline and sanitary sewer service projects for the Lawrence Municipal Airport. Consider setting a bid date of Oct. 13 for Lawrence Municipal Airport Waterline Improvements.