Archive for Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gun found during furniture delivery

October 29, 2009

A Nebraska Furniture Mart delivery driver may not be to blame for a gun that showed up during a Wednesday morning delivery at a west Lawrence home, police said.

Investigators are working to determine whether the gun belonged to the driver, or fell out of a piece of furniture that was being moved to a home on Diamondhead Drive.

“We were unable to determine if any crime occurred on this or not,” said Sgt. Michael Monroe, Lawrence police spokesman.

Monroe said the furniture had been sold, then immediately returned, then sold again to a Lawrence resident.

Police said the delivery driver said the gun wasn’t his, and officers are trying to find out whether it could belong to someone at the first house.

A Nebraska Furniture Mart spokesperson was not available Wednesday evening for comment.

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 10 months ago

did this piece of furniture happen to be a couch that had last been seen strapped to the roof of a ford escort oh lord the plot thickens will this car chase never end will sank4ever come back again how many cuzins does it take to screw in a light bulb five one to hold the bulb and the other four to spin the ladder clockwise if you can get them to cooperate that long

igby 5 years, 10 months ago

Yea!

I stash all my hot pieces in my best friends couch. He was dinking my girlfriend and he thought I would'nt find out. He's a felon. Lol.

igby 5 years, 10 months ago

tanaumaga 5 years, 10 months ago

there's dna on the couch, but not on the gun.

gl0ck0wn3r 5 years, 10 months ago

Pretty hilarious given that Nebraska Furniture Mart is anti-rights.

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 10 months ago

So is this the couch that was taken from the gentleman by the two ladies? Is the gun the valuables that they said were in the couch?

coolmom 5 years, 10 months ago

what kind of guy? something good? best darn couch ever!

coolmom 5 years, 10 months ago

what kind of gun? something good? best darn couch ever!

labmonkey 5 years, 10 months ago

Glockowner....I don't shop at NFM because they have run about all furniture places out of the KC area and it is hard to find American made stuff there (plus I hate Buffet's support of Obama and saying we need ANother stimulus)....but if you are right, I have another reason not to shop there.

As for the story....I would have been tempted to keep it and praise my good luck...having a gun the government doesn't know I own.

headdoctor 5 years, 10 months ago

This isn't rocket science. Of course there was a crime. The couch is guilty of attempted armed burglary. Now all they have to do is look through Nebraska Furniture Mart's advertisement for an accurate mug shot of the perp. LMAO.

yellowhouse 5 years, 10 months ago

someone stole some stove doors from us, if they turn up in in some furniture maybe someone could let us know!

BigPrune 5 years, 10 months ago

If the police can't trace the owner of the gun, who gets to keep it? If it was $25,000 in cash, who would get to lay claim?

death_by_ferret 5 years, 10 months ago

Wait. 24 comments and not one person has blamed the LPD. That's got to be some kind of a record.

Janet Lowther 5 years, 10 months ago

Why on earth are the police involved?

It just sounds like a case of lost and found to me.

puddleglum 5 years, 10 months ago

but if we banned guns, we wouldn't have had this terrifying situation.