Eudora will celebrate its heritage Saturday during the 13th annual EudoraFest.
About 70 food and craft vendors will line Main Street between Seventh and Ninth streets and various activities are planned, including children’s games, a talent show and a car show.
At last year’s event, construction on the downtown area left organizers with a lack of room and less than picturesque surroundings.
“I am very excited that Main Street is construction-free this year,” said EudoraFest committee member Barbara Kruger. “Eudora has the chance to show off its beautiful downtown area that had caused some creative planning last year for the craft and food vendors.”
While tradition is important to the event, organizers also have added a new touch this year with the Lucky No. 13 parade, which will begin at 9:30 a.m. at Laws Field and continue north on Main Street.
“We have quite a few participants lined up and are excited to have this addition,” Kruger said. “I hope it will draw more people to EudoraFest and become an annual tradition.”
The committee asks that pets, bikes and skateboards be left at home to ensure the safety of festival-goers.
Here’s a list of highlights:
• 9 a.m.: Opening ceremonies at Ninth and Main Street stage.
• 9:30 a.m.: Parade, followed by Miss EudoraFest Pageant at CPA Gazebo, as well as car show and golf cart obstacle course at Ninth and Main streets.
• 10:30 a.m.: Country music by The Boys of the Fort featuring Paul Walrod.
• Noon: Kansas River Gang re-enactment, CPA Park (also at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.); stock garden tractor pull at 10th and Fir streets.
• 1 p.m.: Talent Show, CPA Park gazebo.
• 2 p.m.: Pedal tractor pull, Ninth and Main streets.
• 3:30 p.m.: Music by Brandon Miller Band.