• Reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets has closed both lanes of North Second heading north through the intersection and one lane heading south. Northbound vehicles follow a detour including Elm, North Third, Locust and — crossing Union Pacific Railroad tracks — Lyon streets.
The restrictions are set to last into late November or December.
• Drivers may face slow traffic periods as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• The western 2.26 miles of the Farmers’ Turnpike, which is Douglas County Road 438, is back open for traffic after being closed since early July for reconstruction.
• Douglas County Road 9, or East 1500 Road, is closed from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40, as crews hired by the Kansas Turnpike continue with bridge construction activities. The closure is set to last until late spring.
• Traffic remains reduced to one lane on two bridges along Douglas County Road 458, at the southwest edge of Clinton Lake: the Wakarusa River Bridge and Rock Creek Bridge.
• One lane of Interstate 35 in Johnson County will be closed in each direction from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday from south of 151st Street/U.S. Highway 169/Kansas Highway 7 to north of 167th Street, for removal of bridge forms.
• The right lane will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday for traffic heading north on I-35 at 95th Street in Johnson County, for work on a box culvert.
U.S. Highway 69
• U.S. Highway 69 in Johnson County will have varying lane closures for pavement repairs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday from College Boulevard to I-35.
• The left lanes for traffic heading in both directions on a section of U.S. 69, known as the 18th Street Expressway in Wyandotte County, remain closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily for bridge painting. The work is expected to continue into late March.
• The right two lanes for traffic heading south on Interstate 435 in Wyandotte County will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday at Donahoo Road, for pavement repairs.
• The left lane for traffic heading north on Interstate 635 in Wyandotte County will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Wednesday from Parallel Parkway to Georgia Avenue, for installation of signs.