City commissioners will have a brief meeting to take care of several routine items. There are no issues on the commission’s regular agenda. Commissioners will award a pair of bids, including a $48,000 contract for parts to repair a tub grinder for the Parks and Recreation Department and a $26,000 contract for maintenance of the heating and cooling system at the police department’s training and investigations center.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Oct. 13 and Oct. 20.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the Department of Administrative Services.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Waive bidding requirements, and authorize the purchase of parts for the repair and maintenance of Unit 5201, a tub grinder for the Parks and Recreation Department, from Vermeer Sales and Service for $48,520.
b.) Award bid for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Maintenance Agreement/Service for the Lawrence Police Department Investigations and Training Center to P1 Group for $26,568 for 2010, with an option to renew for two additional one-year periods.
• Adopt these ordinances on second and final reading:
a.) Ordinance No. 8475, for the rezoning (Z-8-12-09) of approximately 0.189 of an acre at 504 Locust St. from IG to CS.
b.) Ordinance No. 8476, for the rezoning (Z-8-13-09) of approximately 0.063 of an acre at 500 Locust St. from IG to CS.
• Receive city manager’s report.