Free State High senior Chantay Caron has been selected to participate in the Greater Kansas City Volleyball Coaches Association’s MO-KAN All-Star Match on Nov. 15 at Avila University.
The MO-KAN teams are comprised of volleyball players from the Kansas City area who showed outstanding play throughout the season. Most of the large-class selections came from the Sunflower League and the Eastern Kansas League.
Tonganoxie’s Abby Eisman was named to the Kansas small-class team.
Caron, who was named first-team All-Sunflower League for leading the league in blocks (190) and kill efficiency (0.61), was the only player from Lawrence to be selected.
Caron also finished in the top 10 in kills, with 246, where she was joined by Lawrence High junior Lillian Schonewise (285 kills, 108 blocks and a 0.36 kill efficiency). Other LHS and Free State players to finish in the top 10 in the Sunflower League’s major volleyball categories were:
• serve percentage — LHS’s Alex Kincaid (first, 100); Free State’s Katelyn Wyatt (fifth, 95.34), Free State’s Rachel Heeb (sixth, 95.31), LHS’s Jasmyn Turner (seventh, 95.21) and LHS’s Mary Coldsnow (ninth, 94.67).
• blocks — Free State’s Meaghan Holmes (third, 135), Free State’s Marissa Thibodo (sixth, 90) and Free State’s Alex Mollohan (10th, 66).
• digs — Free State’s Reilly Moore (fifth, 331) and LHS’s Kendyll Severa (ninth, 301).
• serve receive — Severa (fifth, 2.38).
• set efficiency — LHS’s Kiely Mosiman (7.64 per game for a 0.40 average).