Letters to the Editor

KU should pay

May 7, 2009

To the editor:

This is in regard to the article appearing May 5 entitled “City to discuss football game shuttle.” In that the shuttle is for the benefit of the KU football program and in that the athletic department has a million dollars for Lew Perkins, I think that the athletic fund people should fund 100 percent of the cost of this bus service, not us taxpayers.

Pichette is from Lawrence

Comments

Kawatchi 5 years, 7 months ago

You realize that the point of the shuttle is to attract people to downtown Lawrence, correct? It's not like random downtown shoppers are saying "Ahh what the heck, since I see this nice shuttle, I might as well go to the football game".

benmuggn 5 years, 7 months ago

I agree that KU should foot the bill on this. The shuttle gets paid buy passengers to go where they want. So when the shuttle runs straight to all the games and no other routes then yes KU should pay for the shuttles usage. They take up alot of lawrence with the stupid campus and houses then yeah let them pay

deskboy04 5 years, 7 months ago

You won't need a shuttle on the day of the MU game!

Kawatchi 5 years, 7 months ago

Ask the downtown businesses how they would like it if the shuttle just went away. I can assure you they want it more than KU does.

Kyle Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

"In that the shuttle is for the benefit of the KU football program..."

Incorrect.

Richard Heckler 5 years, 7 months ago

gl0ck0wn3r 5 years, 7 months ago

"Richard Heckler (Anonymous) says… I say charge $2.00 per rider which will still be less than gasoline considering in town driving is the largest gas hog on the planet."

I assume you would argue for raising the price on the T to $2 a ride? Speaking of gasoline, do you use push mowers Richard or do you power them with the evil gasoline?

Chris Ogle 5 years, 7 months ago

What is the difference between $2.00 fare for KU Shuttle, and $2.00 fare for the mT? answer: The T would still be losing money.