Letters to the Editor

Worthless idol

March 11, 2009

To the editor:

Rush Limbaugh is not a conservative. Rush Limbaugh is not a Republican. He is a self-serving employee of his self-aggrandized “EIB” network. He is there to sell his cheap “ditto-junk” and make money. Period. A glance at his Web site (all I can stomach, a very short glance) verifies this fact. He has oodles of ditto-junk, T-shirts, ball caps, coffee mugs and his newsrag, not to mention “membership” on his Web site to access more of his ditto-junk.

Josef Goebbels, propaganda minister for Hitler’s Third Reich, said, “You can tell the people anything you want as long as you keep them entertained.” What better description of this wart on the American scene can you find! He has attacked virtually anyone who disagrees with him, including the nominee of the Republican Party in the last election. He denigrates the opposition party calling them the “Democrat” party instead of the Democratic party. Very small distinction but typical of the hidden barbs in his ditto-discourse.

CNN has made the blunder of giving this crass personage coverage of his “speech to the nation.” They have fallen into the same trap as all of his imaginary listeners. Limbaugh is as close to virtual nothing as you can come in solving the problems of today’s society, but the legions of “listeners” have given him aid and comfort by plunking their hard-earned money down to keep this oracle of stupidity in this lucrative business. And that is all it is, business to fleece the suckers who follow this worthless idol.

Fred Whitehead Jr.,
Lawrence

Comments

justforfun 6 years, 3 months ago

Fred Oh my goodness how true!! I am laughing my a$$ of right at the moment! Thanks for the letter.

KS 6 years, 3 months ago

Go Rush! Rush is right. People who don't like him no doubt do not listen to him. He speaks common sense and the left just can't stand or agure with that. They will attack him personally. That's all they can do. Just watch the following posts and see how many attack Rush on facts versus how many will make smart a** comments about him personally.

viewfromahill 6 years, 3 months ago

"Limbaugh is as close to virtual nothing as you can come...."

Oh... beyond close... less than zero.

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

Facts are there for most every opinion, just a quick spin away. But if your personality is one built around contempt and devisiveness, you're still part of the problem, especially if you do it deliberately for profit. But then, I've read enough of your posts to know that we're not going to see eye to eye on this.

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

whoops, that towards the general direction of KS

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

Axelrod & company want you to stay focused on Rush. That means you may not notice what a complete hash Barry's administration is becoming.

grammaddy 6 years, 3 months ago

Snap, What have you contributed to fixing this country in the last 51 days? Rush Limbaugh is just another right-wing idiot, plain and simple. Ks,"Rush speaks common sense", Wow I didn't realize wanting the President to fail is "common sense" I'm beginning to see now why we're in the trouble we're in.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

gram, I've been working and paying my taxes, which is more than a lot of high-level Democrats have been doing. BTW, it's ironic that so many people remark on Rush's drug problems when the current occupant of the White House has admitted to extensive drug use in the past and is still trying to overcome his addiction to tobacco.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 6 years, 3 months ago

"He speaks common sense and the left just can't stand or agure with that. "

There is very little "common sense" in what Rush says. His message is almost entirely demagoguery. He screens his calls so that there is no actual "argument" over issues. When he does allow a left of center caller on his program, it's not to debate them about ideas and issues, but rather to ridicule them.

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

"But if your personality is one built around contempt and devisiveness, you're still part of the problem"

Always appreciate when jonas cuts right to my opinion on the matter, though I would change "personality" to "political posture", or insert "and" as well.
I got stuck listening to Rush a few times in the boonies during the '90's. There was never, EVER, one, single, positive thing said about Clinton. Nada. It was stomach wrenching. And that being said I still don't think he's as big a jackass as Hannity. From the little I've heard, at least Rush will allow an opposing viewpoint to voice on his show and reciprocate respect if given. Hannity does nothing but shout 'em down and cut 'em off.

"Wow I didn't realize wanting the President to fail is “common sense” "

Now, with what I originally said, statements like the above are the kind of intellectual dishonesty that should help people " see now why we're in the trouble we're in." Parse it how you wish, believe what you want, but I've heard the full commentary surrounding the above snippet-quote. Merely stating that 'Limbaugh wants Obama to fail' is obfuscation. Not only that, but two or three years ago CNN conducted a poll on whether we 'wanted Bush to fail' --- 54% of Democrats said yes, and a good portion of that was based on the surge and the overall war in Iraq. Such opinions are not isolated. I'll never believe that wishing your country to fail in a war is patriotic sentiment. But wishing a leader's policies to fail, particularly if they run counter to what you believe and have been fighting against for years, is an opinion that should be respected if only because you're allowed to voice it under our flag. Thank the stars we don't live in Cuba, Burma, Russia, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, Zimbabwe, etc. You might not agree with the opposing voice, but don't whine and take their words out of context. It's dishonest and reflects poorly on yourself.

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

"When he does allow a left of center caller on his program, it's not to debate them about ideas and issues, but rather to ridicule them."

Again, have never been a regular listener, but from my experience the above could not be further from the truth. Hannity......absolutely.

BrianR 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim2 (Anonymous) says… "Wow, does Godwin's Law apply to LTEs?

Epic fail. Re-try."

If you have to ask that question, you don't know what Godwin's Law is. The epic fail is all yours.

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

"BTW, it's ironic that so many people remark on Rush's drug problems when the current occupant of the White House has admitted to extensive drug use in the past and is still trying to overcome his addiction to tobacco."

The general problem is the hypocricy of position espoused, when said espousing was done. I don't recall at any point Obama ever riduculing or insulting people with substance abuse addictions, and I have heard that Rush Limbaugh had engaged in said behavior on a regular basis prior to his exposure as a drug addict.

But wait, you knew that too, didn't you Snap? ;)

geekin_topekan 6 years, 3 months ago

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer and nothing more.He speaks half truths and his ditto heads flock to him with a shrieking that could rival a Hannah Montana sighting at the mall.

It doesn't take long to realize that his show is all about him and he proudly announces this,disclaimer style,repeatedly and I respect him for that. His ditto heads are so enchanted by his presence that they can only feel the love.Sort of like guys at a stripper club who are dillusional about their favorite girl and walk away broke and alone.Ditto Heads.Go figure.

But he is an extremely skilled speaker,I'll give him that, and I concentrate on his rhetoric.His words are comedy but his presentation is intriguing and I admire him for that reason.

Godot 6 years, 3 months ago

From Salon.com ......"Though every novice administration makes blunders and bloopers, its modus operandi should not be a conspiratorial reflex cynicism.

Case in point: The orchestrated attack on radio host Rush Limbaugh, which has made the White House look like an oafish bunch of drunken frat boys. I returned from carnival in Brazil (more on that shortly) to find the Limbaugh affair in full flower. Has the administration gone mad? This entire fracas was set off by the president himself, who lowered his office by targeting a private citizen by name. Limbaugh had every right to counterattack, which he did with gusto. Why have so many Democrats abandoned the hallowed principle of free speech? Limbaugh, like our own liberal culture hero Lenny Bruce, is a professional commentator who can be as rude and crude as he wants.

Yes, I cringe when Rush plays his "Barack the Magic Negro" satire or when he gratuitously racializes the debate over Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, who is a constant subject of withering scrutiny for quite different reasons on sports shows here in Philadelphia. On the other hand, I totally agree with Rush about "feminazis," whose amoral tactics and myopic worldview I as a dissident feminist had to battle for decades. As a student of radio and a longtime listener of Rush's show, I have gotten a wealth of pleasure and insight from him over the years. To attack Rush Limbaugh is to attack his audience -- and to intensify the loyalty of his fan base.

Godot 6 years, 3 months ago

cont from above:

"If Rush's presence looms too large for the political landscape, it's because of the total vacuity of the Republican leadership, which seems to be in a dithering funk. Rush isn't responsible for the feebleness of Republican voices or the thinness of Republican ideas. Only ignoramuses believe that Rush speaks for the Republican Party. On the contrary, Rush as a proponent of heartland conservatism has waged open warfare with the Washington party establishment for years.

And I'm sick of people impugning Rush's wealth and lifestyle, which is no different from that of another virtuoso broadcaster who hit it big -- Oprah Winfrey. Rush Limbaugh is an embodiment of the American dream: He slowly rose from obscurity to fame on the basis of his own talent and grit. Every penny Rush has earned was the result of his rapport with a vast audience who felt shut out and silenced by the liberal monopoly of major media. As a Democrat and Obama supporter, I certainly do not agree with everything Rush says or does. I was deeply upset, for example, by the sneering tone both Rush and Sean Hannity took on Inauguration Day, when partisan politics should have been set aside for a unifying celebration of American government and history. Nevertheless, I respect Rush for his independence of thought and his always provocative news analysis. He doesn't run with the elite -- he goes his own way.

President Obama should yank the reins and get his staff's noses out of slash-and-burn petty politics. His own dignity and prestige are on the line. If he wants a second term, he needs to project a calmer perspective about the eternal reality of vociferous opposition, which is built into our democratic system. Right now, the White House is starting to look like Raphael's scathing portrait of a pampered, passive Pope Leo X and his materialistic cardinals -- one of the first examples of an artist sending a secret, sardonic message to posterity. Do those shifty, beady-eyed guys needing a shave remind you of anyone? Yes, it's bare-knuckles Chicago pugilism, transplanted to Washington. The charitably well-meaning but hopelessly extravagant Leo X, by the way, managed to mishandle the birth of the Protestant Reformation, which permanently split Christianity."

by Camille Paglia.

link:http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/03/11/mercury/

feeble 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey Godot,

Your post violates fair use. Next time, just post the url, rather than repost the entire story/commentary. God forbid you do this with an AP piece.

KS 6 years, 3 months ago

grammaddy - For you and the rest that seem to believe that Rush said he just "wanted Obama to fail", have obvioulsy not been listening. Rush prefaced his comments that he wanted Obama to succeed, but if Obama was going to take this country down the path of socialism, yes, he did indeed say that he wanted his policies to fail. It seems that the media outlets that you all are listening too failed to report that. Big difference, but again, for those of you that have made personal attacks rather than focus on issues, I rest my case. God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should listen twice as much as we talk. See ya!

jayhawklawrence 6 years, 3 months ago

Godot:

"Case in point: The orchestrated attack on radio host Rush Limbaugh, which has made the White House look like an oafish bunch of drunken frat boys."

I listened to Limbaugh on the radio for over 10 years almost everyday and I used to believe him. Fortunately, most cult members eventually smell the coffee and walk away. So it is easy to recognize when someone has been blinded.

Almost all of the criticisms against Limbaugh are accurate. This guy has been venting hate and ridicule against anyone who doesn't believe in his brand of right wing conservatism. The fact that he wraps it inside an entertaining package does not change what it is.

I am surprised it has taken so long for the rest of the world to fight back against his demagoguery. To call the victims of his demagoguery "drunken frat boys" shows the power of Limbaughs scam and how far his disciples have been misled.

Godot 6 years, 3 months ago

Feeble, thanks. I thought it was okay if you attributed the source and posted the link. That wasn't the entire piece, by the way, just an excerpt.

Godot 6 years, 3 months ago

jayhawklawrence, those were not my words, they were written by Camille Paglia, an Obama supporter. Again, here is the link:

Left_handed 6 years, 3 months ago

kmat 6 years, 3 months ago

Limbaugh is nothing but a disgruntled old bastard. I love how so many conservatives look up to him. Let's look at his wonderful accomplishments.

He flunked out of SEMSU after only 2 semesters. His mother said of him "he flunked everything, even a modern ballroom dancing course".

He was able to sneak out of the draft and Vietnam War because he had a Pilonidal cyst. Hmmm, something they treat with antibiotics or lance off. A common ailment that is completely treatable and doesn't keep you from military duty. But, coming from a family of lawyers, judges and congressmen, they were able to keep him out of the army. How patriotic of him.

We all know his druggie past. No need to keep going there.

He hates women. No wonder he can't get laid. "Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society." "My cat comes to me when she wants to be fed. And after I feed her, guess what, she's off until the next time she gets hungrey. And she doesn't have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat has taught me more about women than anything in my whole life." He's been divorced three times!!!! I wonder why?????

This is a man that before he speaks about any issue dealing with AIDS plays the song "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again". That in itself shows what kind of slime bag he is.

This is a man that calls soldiers who don't agree with him "phony soldiers". This coming from a man that let a little cyst of hair and puss keep him from being a soldier. Coming from a military family, I can say he is a giant *USSY.

He's a racist. Thinks anyone that's black and achieves anything was able to do it only because they got preferential treatment for being black.

You conservatives just keep looking up to him and making him the leader of your party. I really find it funny when you claim he isn't the leader, he's just an entertainer. He's been one of the leaders of the republican party since the election in 1994. The republican freshman congress called themselves the "Dittohead Caucus" and awarded him an an honorary member of congress.

The more you prop him up and put him on a pedastal, the more moderates keep coming on over to the Democratic side.

Here's a great video showing his accomplishments, in Rush's own words. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#29518606

madameX 6 years, 3 months ago

If Rush would actually throw his hat into the ring and run for office I might consider him something more than an entertainer. Not that he'd win, I think a good portion of the people who listen to him on the radio would likely balk at voting for him. However, until until then he's no more a political leader than Hannity, Coulter, Malkin, etc., or for that matter Stewart or Colbert. At least the latter two have a sense of humor. If a senator had said something insulting about one of them they would have made a joke about it.

madameX 6 years, 3 months ago

"until until"... way to proofread...

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

You know, you kinda get what you give. Rush is scornful, negative, loud, blustery and a know it all, so it isn't surprising that those who don't outright agree with him are going to react to him in kind. Rush does not discuss, he preaches. He took credit for getting Bush elected. It seems clear that Repubs are afraid of him and cater to him, seeing him as a spokesperson for some of the repub base. In my experience, people who like him are republicans and generally refer to themselves as conservatives of some sort.

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

No harm, madame x, I took it for an endearing stutter. :<)

Cait McKnelly 6 years, 3 months ago

Rush makes me think Fred Phelps. 'Nuff said.

beatrice 6 years, 3 months ago

Limbaugh / Palin 2012!

Is 2012 their combined weight?

If Limbaugh doesn't speak for the Republican party, why was it necessary for Republican Chairman Michael Steele to apologize to Limbaugh after saying his comments are "incendiary" and "ugly"?

jayhawklawrence 6 years, 3 months ago

I wonder why the posters here are assuming a Limbaugh/Palin ticket instead of a Palin/Limbaugh ticket?

I guess because it would be a Republican Party ticket. Ok. That makes sense.

drake 6 years, 3 months ago

kmat- Are you a liar or just a fool?

I read your little rant and it is filled with half truths and outright lies. While trying to check some of your "facts" I ran across the wikipedia page for Rush and it pretty much was your post word for word.

Except you left out the parts that made your points lies, such as: kmat lie: "He was able to sneak out of the draft and Vietnam War because he had a Pilonidal cyst."

Truth: His draft # according to birthdate was 175. No one over #125 was drafted. period

kmat lie: "This is a man that calls soldiers who don't agree with him “phony soldiers”.

Truth: Rush was talking about Jesse Macbeth who was never a soldier but claimed to be one and that his unit had committed war crimes. As it turns out Jesse was a media darling for the BDS crowd until someone tried to verified his story.

These are the most blatant of your lies and the true facts show that you are an outright liar. But then you already knew that didn't you?

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

"If Limbaugh doesn't speak for the Republican party, why was it necessary for Republican Chairman Michael Steele to apologize to Limbaugh after saying his comments are “incendiary” and “ugly”?"

I would imagine for roughly the same reasons anyone apologizes for disrespectful remarks. I'm not defending Rush, just seems silly to assume someone's a 'leader' or speaks for a group simply because someone apologized for a remark. When Limbaugh apologized for his comments on McNabb did that make the quarterback the head of the NAACP, Commissioner of the NFL, or head of the Players Union?

TheOriginalCA 6 years, 3 months ago

Not defending Rush here, but IF he is such an idiot and so irrelevant, then why are the Lib's working so hard at discrediting him and censoring similar hosts? Why do the Lib's feel as though they need to re-establish bad legislation to keep these people censored?

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

"Rush makes me think Fred Phelps. 'Nuff said."

That's just dumb. 'Nuff said.

madameX 6 years, 3 months ago

Who are "the Libs"? Is that a band or something?

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

"...Obama is not leading us towards socialism any more or less than any other President of the past 80 years has..." Perhaps to a new Great Depression?

TheOriginalCA 6 years, 3 months ago

madameX (Anonymous) says…

Who are “the Libs”? Is that a band or something?

Just answer the question instead of being a moron

G_E 6 years, 3 months ago

I'm so beyond caring about Rush/Coulter/et al. At this point, I view them like I view petulant, obnoxious children: I can't stand them and want to punt them down the street, but in the end, they're just not worth the effort. I'm not the one who has to go home with them and deal with their hatred and ignorance.

madameX 6 years, 3 months ago

All right, CA, first of all I don't really see that anyone's really working hard to discredit Rush. People have their opinions about him, some of which are not positive, and sometimes they state them. But having an opinion about someone does not automatically mean you're working hard to discredit them. And since "the Libs" is such a broad and non-specific category anyway, I don't really think I'm qualified to speculate as to why they do what they do.

As for the legislation, you're gonna have to be more specific. I don't know exactly which legislation you're talking about.

kmat 6 years, 3 months ago

drake- You are the fool and I'm not a liar. You are a good little boy sticking up for big old fat Rushie. You are wrong. Source - SNOPES!!!!!! First he had student deferment and lost it because he flunked out of school. He then got a 1-Y classification, because he got his Dr to say he wasn't fit. Didn't let an armed forces dr ever check him out. I know someone with a Pilondial cyst who served in the military. http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.asp

Read for yourself about the phony soldiers incident. Not the first time he trashed soldiers. You are again, wrong. http://mediamatters.org/items/200709270010

"During the September 26 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh called service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq "phony soldiers." He made the comment while discussing with a caller a conversation he had with a previous caller, "Mike from Chicago," who said he "used to be military," and "believe[s] that we should pull out of Iraq.""

I'm not a liar, but you sure are in love with big old Rushie and have no problem lying on his behalf. Do a little reading please. And Wiki wasn't my source.

KS 6 years, 3 months ago

I think there are a lot of folks that are jealous of Rush. Let's see now, he flunked out of school and held several jobs, but let's see now; he flies around in a Gulfstream jet, lives in a private gated deal down in Florida, smokes big cigars (like Bill Clinton) and is thoroughly enjoying the good life. Not bad for a college dropout....can anyone say Bill Gates?

Tom McCune 6 years, 3 months ago

His narcissistic personality disorder is evinced by his voluntary addiction to narcotics which was so extreme it made him go deaf.

kmat 6 years, 3 months ago

KS - people aren't jealous of him, we are sickened by him.

Yeah, we all wanna be a drop out druggie that took soooo many pain killers it caused temporary deafness. What a winner he is. And to be severely obese on top of it. Even better. Oh yeah, he's enjoying the good life. Can't keep a woman (3 divorces). His dream was to be a sports broadcaster, but no one would have him. He isn't even living out his dream. And he's so pathetic he has to have his maid score him drugs, hidden in a bible.

Oh yes, everyone's jealous of him.

See, real people don't live their lives needing private jets and cigars. Having people that love you, doing something with your life that helps others and not being a disgusting liar are better than having money. "Can't buy me love".

You can't compare Rush to Gates. Gates is a genius who has completely changed the world and spends billions helping the needy. Rush is just a fat bastard full of hate.

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

Newell and kmat:

Is that really how Rush lost his hearing? I didn't even know that was possible and had never heard (no pun intended) that tie-in before.

beaujackson 6 years, 3 months ago

President Obama's economic policies are both "fair & equal", in that he is equally destroying the wealth of members of both parties...

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Why do some of us want to discredit Limbaugh? It is rather like why you would want to discredit someone running a meth lab in your neighborhood, because some idiots will buy the crap and cause trouble because of it. He is a public nuisance and makes millions of dollars for being one. He stirs people up who believe his propaganda and they come on threads like this, all defensive and hostile, with high blood pressure. Yah, he is like a meth dealer.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

We could call Limbaugh a myth dealer. Yah, that works.

pace 6 years, 3 months ago

I think Rush does represent the Republican party. As it has become, they seem to be cowards, afraid to change. When are they going to care about the population of Kansas?Their agenda puts us last. We need jobs, education, health care and a clean environment. Dirty coal plants aren't going to deliver that, that will take courage, intelligence, good science and a little less sucking at the corporate tit. , If they can't change, maybe the voters can change them. The republican party seems almost cult like.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Here, find a list of Limbaugh tricks that he uses to support his "facts."

RedwoodCoast 6 years, 3 months ago

If Rush were an animal on the African savanna, I'm pretty sure he would be a hyena. He's nothing but an opportunistic scavenger.

Charles L Bloss Jr 6 years, 3 months ago

That's why I love Rush! He calls them as he sees them. Good Job Rush, keep up the good work. Thank you, Lynn

james bush 6 years, 3 months ago

The Obama zombie's are failing to make Rush Limbaugh a distraction from the crap being heeped on taxpayers by this democratic administration...........Moscow on the Potomac administration.

grammaddy 6 years, 3 months ago

bennyoates- I disagree, there's no hope for Nancy-Tom.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

I can understand why people like Maddow and Olberman would upset people who like Rush. Maddow and Olberman are far too intelligent for Rush lovers. They also rely on facts whereas Rush is never hung up on being concerned with facts. They only get in the way of his opinions. Fortunately, his fans are not concerned with facts either. They are completely satisfied with indulgent expressions of emotions. So, whatever floats your boat, right? Right, fixed. You're welcome.

Hoots 6 years, 3 months ago

I thought it was so funny that CNN was stupid enough to make a big deal out of one short speech by El' Rushbo when he's on the radio broadcasting nationwide for 18 hours a week. I didn't see the news in his speech considering how much time he has to spin whatever he wants 6 days a week with his replay show on Saturday.

BrianR 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim2 (Ululating Gnome) says…

Thank you for the cut & paste from Wiki. If you'd taken time to type it or maybe even READ it, you would run headon into it's meaning. Your cut & past deprived you of a valuable learning experience.

Godwin's Law applies to discussions, not content. Not content. Can you understand or should I say it again?

I'll leave part of your blistering retort [in brackets] below for your review.

[The law states: “As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”[2][3] References to Godwin's Law often actually refer to a corollary of it which determines that the person who first makes an unwarranted reference to Nazi Germany or Hitler in an argument loses that argument automatically.]

I realize that with a huge vocabulary of 'as if' and 'mirror' it might be difficult for you to comprehend what I've written so take it to any elementary school and they'll have one of their students explain it to you.

BrianR 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim2 (Anonymous) says… "OK, does the corollary of Godwin's Law apply to LTEs? I'll bet it does."

I just told you it didn't so why are you "arguing," if you could call it that.

done.

Anyway, Rush is much preferrable to the seething hate machine Joseph Farar.

drake 6 years, 3 months ago

You mean the Snopes that uses "rumor has it" as their motto?

You mean the story about Rush that uses Al Franken's " Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot" as a source?

You are truly a special person kmat.

HermioneElliott 6 years, 3 months ago

Limbaugh is vicious True, I have never listened to his radio show, but watching a clip on the news is quite enough, Obviously Limbaugh and his followers do not have any religious faith, because they all strongly tell people to reach out to those in need. Limbaugh would not sell a glass of water to someone on fire.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

pilgrim, do your lips get tired kissing rush's a$$ so much, probably not. right, fixed, move on.

uncleandyt 6 years, 3 months ago

I know what you are thinking. I know what you want. I do not know you. Why wouldn't you believe me? Rush knows what I'm thinking. He knows what I want. He does not know me. Why wouldn't I believe him? Now that We are "communists", do Ditto-heads hate America?

Flap Doodle 6 years, 3 months ago

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

“White-collar crimes cost the United States more than $300 billion annually according to the FBI.

White-collar crimes are fraud, bankruptcy fraud, bribery, insider trading, embezzlement, computer crime, medical crime, public corruption, identity theft, environmental crime, pension fund crime, RICO crimes, consumer fraud, occupational crime, securities fraud, financial fraud, and forgery. The tools of the trade are paperwork or through the computer. performed by using paperwork or computers .white collar crimes go largely undetected ” “Kenny Boy,” Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling of Enron notoriety, and friends of George W. Bush, were convicted of fraud and conspiracy on May 25, 2006.

Did Rush ever talk about white collar crime? The actual cost of white collar crime would probably pay for the war in Iraq.

kmat 6 years, 3 months ago

drake - you are nothing more than an ignorant ditto head troll. My sources were clearly listed and were not Franken, although it was a great read a long time back.

And snopes checks things out. But of course a ditto head can't believe anything but what comes out of rush's mouth. Pity.

And no comment about me showing how you were totally wrong about the "phony soldier" deal? You should be apologizing after having your *ss handed to you. You couldn't even list the correct people involved. My father, 82nd Airborne and now ex-dittohead, wrote of rush after he said that. Real soldiers were highly offended.

Just keep on hating everyone but white men and worshipping that nasty, white f*cktard.

I really do feel sorry for people like you that can't think for themselves and have to have someone like rush tell them their opinions. What a sad little life.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Rush's network has scammed the whole country by putting his propaganda on 7 days a week, posing as someone who has a brain.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[2] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in political science from the University of Oxford.[3] Her doctoral thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons.

After dropping out of college, Limbaugh moved to McKeesport, Pennsylvania. There he became a Top 40 music radio disc jockey on station WIXZ, a station that covered the Pittsburgh area. In October 1972, he broadcast over Pittsburgh station KQV under the name "Jeff Christie".

There, fixed, move on.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Rush was also one of the first to play the role of "Rush the plumber."

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Recent news of Bernie Maddoff, who made off with 65 billion dollars, possibly one of the largest cases of fraud ever, but not the only one. Here are some other entreprenuers of dubious distinction:

Jack Abramoff - fraud of (Indian Casinos for campaigns and personal welfare Kenneth Lay - fraud Enron (Died to get out of prison time) Jeffrey Skilling - fraud Enron Andrew Fastow - fraud Enron Joseph Nacchio - Qwest John Rigas - Adelphia Bernard Ebbers - World Com Dennis Kozlowski - Tyco Mark Swartz - Tyco Ivan Boesky - Stock Speculator Michael Milken - Junk Bonds (actual junk) Leona Helmsley - Hotelier or (Hotel Liar) Steve Madden - Founder of a Shoe Store Rush Limbaugh - fraudulent information and phony humor (Sold phony political junk rhetoric bonds)

Breaking News:

Bernie Maddoff just released a statement before being sentenced; " I was just taking my bailout early."

The judge was overheard responding with a Palin quote, "Thanks, but no thanks," but we will give you lifetime, free room and board at the luxurious Lansing Federal Pen."

drake 6 years, 3 months ago

kmat- Media Matters is hardly a non-partisan source.

I do apologize for calling you a liar. After checking your sources I don't believe that you intentionally lied about your facts, but rather have your head buried so far up your a$$ that you refuse to see daylight. Your reading comprehension is also lacking. I didn't say that you used Franken's joke of a book as a source. I stated that your little beloved snopes.com story used Franken's book as a source to, as you say, "check things out". hint: It's listed at the bottom of the story under "sources".

The phony soldier "story" that you have bought hook, line and sinker is false. I was actually listening on Sept. 26, 2007 when the comment in question was made. Rush was talking to an actual service member when he used the term "phony soldiers", referring to a September 21 Associated Press story about individuals falsely claiming to be veterans in order to receive benefits. Just because you read it on some hate blog somewhere doesn't make it true.

You are a real brain trust kmat.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Notice the apparently learned nastiness of the Rush supporters. They have turned defensiveness into a mean spirited art form. That is the character of Rush coming through his supporters.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 3 months ago

post #100 I see.

from the original lte: CNN has made the blunder of giving this crass personage coverage of his “speech to the nation.” They have fallen into the same trap as all of his imaginary listeners. Limbaugh is as close to virtual nothing as you can come in solving the problems of today’s society, but the legions of “listeners” have given him aid and comfort by plunking their hard-earned money down to keep this oracle of stupidity in this lucrative business. And that is all it is, business

Phred WhiteHead: you have a shallow, self-canceling lte...Imaginary listeners vs. Legions of listeners?

the latter is true, over 20-million americans tune into Rush on a regular basis. hugely trumping anything at all on the left!

and if he were so ineffective, old, useless, emptyheaded, then why does msnbc, as breathily cited by KMAT have to generate a whole list of falsehoods to try to smear him? "Phony soldiers" was a term used first by ABC news a few days before Rush's ref, ABC is not known as a conservative outlet [LOL]!

most of all it is worth noting that all the "tolerant" "free speech" liberals here have resorted to smears, half truths and lies trying to attack Rush. in doing so, they simply give evidence of Rush's influence.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim, Sorry to hear that your lips are broken and prevent the a$$ kissing of RL that you desire. Too bad, so sad, but hey maybe when you make some bucks, you can get them fixed and begin again.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Maddow, Rhodes Scholar, Ph.D. from Oxford Olbermann, Bachelors in Communication Arts from Cornell Limbaugh, Dropped out of college to be a disk jockey

Limbaugh the purveyor of false fears, appeals to those who can't handle the real problems, so they choose to worry about the ones that Limbaugh makes up. Research indicates that Limbaugh listeners now think that the less education is good, science is bad, gas guzzlers and SUV's are sacred, war is good and charity is bad, only the rich should have healthcare, all workers should work for less than minimum wage and should not be able to afford education for their children, Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were brothers, torture works and it isn't torture unless it is done to Limbaugh listeners, and torture would be having to listen to people who report truth consistently and have respectable experts on and actually listen to them. Yes, the ground is now up and the sky is down in Limbaugh land and that is the way his listeners like it.

Prairielander 6 years, 3 months ago

As a disgruntled republican, I find it disheartening that a Limbaugh/Palin ticket would be more desirable than a Romney/Rice ticket.

Romney = Harvard Law/Business Grad/CEO/Governor Rice = Stanford Provost/Sec. of State

Limbaugh = Entertainer Palin = Governor/ Media Darling ....and I'm trying to be nice with these descriptions.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

bearded, not denying Rush's influence. As I said earlier, meth dealers also have an influence. It just isn't good. In Rush's case, he is a myth dealer. If you like the myths, then fine. But, it won't help solve problems in this country. He was responsible for swaying many towards Bush. Look how that worked out.

Orwell 6 years, 3 months ago

Rush's equivalent on the left? I'd say it's that thing my liberal cat left in his box this morning.

(See what I did there? I used Rush's own tactics to "advance the discussion." Didn't that help improve all the real problems we ought to work together to solve?)

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

No need to imagine Pilgrim, you have proved it. Now go on and get back to dreaming about watching your next Limbaugh show and fantasizing about him shaking his booooo ..... teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Boston_Corbett 6 years, 3 months ago

Snap: "it's ironic . . . . is still trying to overcome his addiction to tobacco."

So Marion and Obama are one in the same?

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

It could be cathartic Pil for you to admit your Limbaugh love.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Might as well face it Pil, you are addicted to Limbaugh.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Bush II was a tragedy still unfolding. I can only see him getting a worse legacy as time goes forward. He overlooked the urgings of several people who feared that an attack like that on 9/11 was immenent, so he could spend time on his ranch. He was busy cutting taxes for the wealthy and trying to privatize social security which practically no one wanted. He then launched us into a needless war to get Saddam. No doubt we could have bought Saddam off for a tiny fraction of the cost of this war, not to mention all the needless suffering and dying. He put incompetent people in positions of power in government that allowed more problems to result from Katrina, didn't pay attention to the evidence being brought forward about Maddoff, had no interest in making sure that banks and mortgage companies and credit companies in general were operating ethically, encouraged sending jobs out of the U S, now has nearly bankrupted the country, did nothing to help with the unemployment problems and healthcare, denied problems with the environment, ignored science in general and I am certain many of you could add to this list and feel free to do so and Limbaugh was right there pitching for Bush, claimed responsibility for getting him elected two times, when we could have had rational people leading the country that would have prevented all of this from being necessary. If someone would have just came in and left things alone and sat on their backside for eight years, things would be considerably better. Limbaugh has a big share of responsibility for these tragic circumstances. How much does someone have to be in denial to continue to subscribe to Rush's ruse.

rshrink (Anonymous) says…

From Wiley Interscience:

“abstract This study investigates the media's potential to affect audiences' interpretations of news events. It compares perceptions of the causes of the 1996 presidential election outcome across four media consumption groups: listeners to the program of Rush Limbaugh, listeners to other political talk radio, consumers of mainstream news media, and nonconsumers of news media. Limbaugh listeners were more likely to discount substantive election explanations than were consumers of other types of political talk radio, consumers of mainstream news media, and nonconsumers of news media. These differences in interpretation parallel differences between the content of his program and that of other media.”

beatrice 6 years, 3 months ago

"Did Rush's network ever steal from a children's charity to stay afloat like Air America did?"

Don't know, but if he could have stolen drugs from a children's charity the way Cindy McCain did in order to feed his illegal drug habit, I'll bet he would have.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Human Beings are born manipulators, yes, it is in the program from the beginning. You can see it in children's behavior. Children can play one parent off another in an attempt to get what they want. As people mature, they can learn other skills which are more acceptable. Some don't learn these skills such as; cooperation, negotiating, learning and teaching with courtesy. Limbaugh has not learned these skills. He also has a simplistic view that people are either good or bad. He is like Bush II in that way. No wonder he supported him. Limbaugh is basically an angry and paranoid person. He sees bogeymen out there. Limbaugh promotes the identity of the anti-intellect, anti-professional, anti-science, anti-education, and sees himself as someone who will take on those "elitists" and show them how he can be bigger and more powerfull and he doesn't need their credentials to do it. He is likely reacting to his parents who thought he was a poor student and one who was disinterested in facts. He was the son whose parents were thinking, he is going to fail. He is an embarrassment to the family. (He dropped out of school to become a disc jockey.) Therefore, he is a person who has something to prove. The "elitists" that Limbaugh refers to are emotionally speaking, his parents. He is angry with them and wants to prove that he is not an embarrassment and in fact, he is a very important person with a lot of influence. So, he has reached out to others who, like him, feel disenfranchised. He has given them the reassurance that they crave. He has elevated their sense of self. Not only are we Limbaugh supporters not inferior, in fact, we are superior. We practical folk know things that others don't know. We are more moral, more righteous and have a real folksy character that the intellectuals are lacking.

cont.

"At War with Words," author Dedaic asserts that Limbaugh has created an "otherness." He has an "us" and "them" perspective on life. He and his followers are the "us" and the "elitist" by virtue of education, profession and credentials are the "them." Limbaugh uses words to additionally identify the them such as; socialists, communists, liberals, elitists and want to define the "them" as social engineers, tree huggers, people who cater to the enemy, spotted owl lovers, and on and on. Limbaugh will pick representatives of these "socialists," and then attach that trait to all "liberals." It is a clever game and one which has worked to create wars over and over again in the past. If one identifies with some element that Limbaugh portrays as a bad guy, then the natural inclination is to fight back. There really isn't a way to win with a Limbaugh. If there is no response, he and his followers would take that as a reinforcement of their position. If one does contest Limbaugh's rants, then the followers have been schooled on how to respond. They only respond with their cliche comments, often having little to do with the issue brought up initially. This is where the "dittohead" element comes in. Limbaugh also is good enough to tell his followers who they should not listen to and makes it clear by labeling them clearly as the "them," by using the liberal, socialist and other perjoratively transformed labels. This was how he has steered his listeners away from mainstream media, important if you are going to build your forces.

The problem is probably obvious here. It is devisive. We need to remain a "united" states and this is in opposition to that idea. We are a diverse society. Our success relies on the success of diverse groups, not on the success of dittoheads.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Note the dittohead like quality of Pilgrim. Reaction is not related to topic and has no real point. Limbaugh would be proud.

jayhawklawrence 6 years, 3 months ago

My prediction is that one day Rush will get a fake divinity degree and start marrying people over the radio.

Expect to see prayer rugs and Rush Bibles for sale on his website...

before the chariot of fire takes him back into the clouds.

jayhawklawrence 6 years, 3 months ago

I think the priceless feedback on this blog is motivated a lot by the fact that everyone enjoys watching a bully go down.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Again Pilgrim demonstrates the Limbaugh linguistics as if he just took the refresher course. The deal here is attack the messenger, don't address the message. He doth protest the protester too much.

Jim Phillips 6 years, 3 months ago

"rshrink (Anonymous) says…

Like I have said before and will say again, I don't like meth dealers and I don't like myth dealers. They are a drain on society."

I agree! So, just exactly how do we go about silencing Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Frank, Streisand, Franken, Sarandon, Penn, Baldwin, Winfrey,Goldberg, Moore, Dansen, Robbins, Dixie Chics, et al?

Jim Phillips 6 years, 3 months ago

"rshrink (Anonymous) says…

The taxpayers are definitely paying for the damage Rush has caused. In addition, he has been on the payroll of the corporate scoundrels, so yes, we all end up paying dearly. I have already said, he took credit for getting Bush elected twice. We will all be paying for that for a very long time."

It IS true! The inmates ARE running the asylum!

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

75x65 "you people need a life."

Says the dude who comes here to tell people they need a life. And what do you need 75, some one to solve your 75 x 65 problem? Having trouble with your homework?

Christine Anderson 6 years, 3 months ago

One of the greatest blessings of my second divorce was no longer being forced to listen to Rush for three hours every day. Baruch Hashem!

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim, If you call the police on a meth dealer, is that an attack, or just an attempt to clean up the neighborhood? I think the latter. So, focus on your own hang ups, and consider why you want to defend the people that bring harm to the country.

Centerville 6 years, 3 months ago

Haven't you comrades checked your emails? The White House dropped Limbaugh (it's winning anti-Rush slogan is a soviet masterpiece) and is going to announce its new stalking horse today on its TV shows. Get ready to pounce or you'll be accused of being a cultural recidivist. And here's another tip from a caring friend, fyi, the economic 'crisis' is over.

rtwngr 6 years, 3 months ago

I realize I am a few days late on this but I need to say it, I love Rush! We don't expect all of you "plastic banana, good time rock and rollers" to understand. Nor do we expect you to tune in and listen for other than 5 seconds. Thank goodness there is someone like Rush Limbaugh out there with a blow torch for a transmitter to burn a hole in the "Democrat" party!

jonas_opines 6 years, 3 months ago

Blow torches burn their holes indiscriminately, making them unreliable allies.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pilgrim, once again resorting to the "perjorative labeling." Just as I predicted. Can't talk about issues, can only label in order to automatically, in a monkey brained fashion, totally disregard all important issues and concerns. I think Rush could resolve the problem, just admit he is speaking on behalf of the republican party and the radio that broadcasts his bologna can say up front that this is going to be a republican commercial. There, problem fixed. Then everyone tuning in can take it for what it is. When everyone pretends it is something else, such as honest, objective, factual, etc., that sets up a devisiveness and gets people who are supposed to be on the same side, against each other. We have all the evidence we need for that right on this thread. So, all you fans of Rush, write in and tell him to just acknowledge that he is a republican spokesman. Then, it will be fixed. Get on it then.

rtwngr 6 years, 3 months ago

jonas_opines "blah blah blah blah blahbity blah blah!"

rshrink - "natter natter natter natter. phhhht phhhht phhht phhhht."

misplacedcheeshead - Second divorce? Still trying to achieve perfection?

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

rtwngr - excellent demonstration of a dittohead. I'm sure no one could do better. You must be proud.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 3 months ago

I suspect that we can add Rush's name to the list of people who don't like Rush. I think he loathes himself, which is why he finds it so easy to spend his time and energy doing what he does. And, because he's getting rich doing it - that's the other reason he does it.

KS: I'm confident this is a true statement: Rush is disliked and dismissed by most conservatives. This is NOT about being jealous of him (Ohmahgosh, that is an outlandish idea). I'd rather me, without his money and his jet, than to have his "stuff" and have to hold so much hate toward people inside all day long. He is comparable to Phelps in that he's an equal opportunity hater.

The fact that you cannot see that makes me assume that you have grown insensitive to hate. That's not a very conservative value.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

I agree comrade Pilgrim. I think all stations need to start revealing their party preferences. They can also reveal their ideologies. No problem with that. There it is, fixed. Write Limbaugh and let him know how you feel about this. I have already written the other 'looney left" networks, the ones that would have given you the facts if you hadn't listened to Limbaugh.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Here is a story from poormojo.org:

"Limbaugh said his target was a reporter, whose name he said he would not "mention," who was writing "a cover story on me coming out of one of the big news magazines, and it was going to totally mischaracterize me and what I do and how I do it." Limbaugh continued: "[W]e found out who was writing it and made a couple phone calls to the person writing it. And we said, 'You know what? We're going to find out where your kids go to school. We're going to find out who you knocked up in high school. We're going to find out what drugs you used. We're going to find out where you go to drink and do -- we're gonna find out how you paid for your house. We're going to do -- and we're going to do exact -- and we're going to say that, you know what? You are no different than Al Goldstein. You both masturbate.' "

Limbaugh then claimed: "And the guy started screaming on the phone, just went -- 'You can't do that.' We said, 'Watch us.' And it changed the tone of the story by about 60 percent, I would say, from what it was going to be. But nobody does that to these people. Nobody does it to them. And that would be so much fun."

on defenselink:

Here is a comment made by Limbaugh to Rumsfeld, clearly showing how he was so biased, he was kissing the a$$ of this guy, a general who Bush later had to ask to step down because everyone thought he was out of touch and doing a lousy job. Due to being allowed to be in Iraq for so long and never really having the right kind of experience to know what was needed there, his actions caused things to deteriorate horribly and then it has taken much longer and cost much more to try to compensate for the mistakes made. Many experts now have shared how Rumsfeld wouldn't listen to anyone, had poor communications and consequently, was near totally incompetent. Here is Limbaugh's attempt to interview comment:

"LIMBAUGH: Well it's got to be tough, I would imagine. Because, I'm aware of it and I try to share with my audience as often as possible that people like you and the President know far more than the public knows about any number of events, simply because it's not possible for the information that you learn to be shared nor should most of it. And yet, that would have to force you at some point to say, you know, we do have an anti-war crowd and they're loud and they're being affected by our enemy, but the American people - some of them just don't know what we know and you have to stick with what you think is right. That's where the whole democratic process I would think becomes challenging for you because you have to make judgment. Do we do what's right, or do we listen to the people?"

Notice how instead of going after information and talking about what was going on, he brings in his own agenda, which is to create strawmen, to slam democrats and to demonstrate how in contrast republicans are the true patriots.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pil, good that you have written. Now write your hero, Limbaugh. What would you like a link to?

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Here is an article that explains Limbaugh's spincraft. It gives examples, so I will put a link here if you care to go and read them:

"Unchallenged Demagoguery

This kind of sloppiness, ignorance and/or fabrication is run of the mill in Limbaugh's commentary, both broadcast and print. From dioxin to Whitewater, from Rodney King to Reaganomics, Rush Limbaugh has a finely honed ability to twist and distort reality.

Limbaugh's facts are almost never challenged on his programs. A hostile caller hardly ever gets through the screeners on his radio show, and his TV show is just him doing a monologue in front of his cheering audience. No one in the history of national television has had such a political platform. He has almost never corrected anything he's said--although he did apologize once to the aerosol industry for implying that spray cans still had CFCs in them. (CFCs were removed in 1978.)

Limbaugh's chronic inaccuracy, and his lack of accountability, wouldn't be such a problem if Limbaugh were just a cranky entertainer, like Howard Stern. But Limbaugh is taken seriously by "serious" media--in addition to Nightline, he's been an "expert" on such chat shows as Charlie Rose and Meet the Press. The New York Times (10/15/92) and Newsweek (1/24/94) have published his writings. A U.S. News & World Report piece (8/16/93) by Steven Roberts declared, "The information Mr. Limbaugh provides is generally accurate."

And KS, re. your jealousy comment which I have heard from many the dittohead, it would be like me saying that you are jealous of people who run the Mexican drug cartel, because of the money they have. It is a Limbaugh gimmick. Focus so narrowly and in such a ludicrous way with only very tangential relevance that a response of any sort would also go astray. Any attempt to come back to relevance would be blocked, with childlike rebuffs such as, "You didn't respond to my question." Such dialogue dodging maneuvers are common with right wing imitators.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pil, his monkey brained tactics haven't changed and by the way,nice dodge of all of the relevant issues which again points to the strategy promoted for dittoheads, which I pointed out. Never address real issues, always dodge and go for the zingers. (Failed again and don't bother to retry, it was just be another failure.)

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pil, If you were shown a letter, you would just make another Limbaugh a$$ed response, as that is all you have been brainwashed to do. I write to many of the networks and complain, even those you call liberal. I don't find them liberal. I find them often focusing narrowly on issues and tending to be caught up in created drama rather than presenting facts, actual comments in context and there is very little left in the way of investigative news with the excuse that "it is too expensive." Newspapers are going belly up since they are not being bought and news organizations have not figured out how to make money off of the internet yet, in many instances. So, I am a critic of most of the news myself and have no problem writing them. Limbaugh is just one of the worst examples of misinformation and it is designed to foment trouble, and get people actively involved in useless, pointless activism. Now he is trying to get people to fight socialism. Useless, pointless activism. There is no socialistic movement. Did he hear first? Who would start it and why? There is no interest. The only socialism that has existed and still does is for the wealthiest people. Think of how much money was given to the banks. Then they want to give our tax dollars out in bonuses to the very people that failed us. That is socialism perhaps, but nothing new and it is probably closer to monarchy. So, we are caring for our royalty and the big corporations, but I never hear him complain about that. Have you?

ihatelv 6 years, 3 months ago

I didn't read the rest of the comments, because I really don't care that much...........

I just wanted to say that if you replace Limbaugh with Obama in the article, it's still all true....

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

ihate, if you replaced that rock in your head with a brain, you might then be able to make a useful comment.

ihatelv 6 years, 3 months ago

rshrink, just because you don't like my comment doesn't make it useless.....

It only makes you a ............... (fill in the blank with something that would get this comment removed)

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Boy, for someone who doesn't care, you seem to now have a lot to say.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Pil, as predictable as ever. Never address an issue, because after all, you haven't been trained to do that. Stick with the put downs and you can't go wrong, Limbaugh would be proud, comrade Pil. So far beyond pathetic as to be totally meaningless.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

How grim is the pilgrim his light has gone dim given his life to a idiot Rush who has turned pils brain totally to mush can no longer have a thought of his own so, he has to keep throwing Limbaugh a bone and comes to this site to drivel and drone.

ihatelv 6 years, 3 months ago

A poem...???? Really??? All that showed is is that your a gay douche bag.....

jaywalker 6 years, 3 months ago

" Never address an issue, because after all, you haven't been trained to do that. Stick with the put downs and you can't go wrong, Limbaugh would be proud, comrade Pil. So far beyond pathetic as to be totally meaningless."

Riiiiiight. After a brief perusal of this string it's fairly obvious you strongly resemble that remark. Particularly that last sentence.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Imagine, right here in River City, a whole herd of dittoheades. Please don't respond to any of my previous comments that were addressed to people who can still think.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

oooooooooooo "ihate" ooooooooooo you are goooood. and look at jaywalker, really working that cortex aren't you. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Yah jaywalker, I'm sure a brief perusal would be it with your Limbaugh induced attention deficit disorder or maybe you already had that. Whatever.

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Here is another example of Limbaugh's strategy for lying.

"Here is how Rush Limbaugh lied in response to FAIR's documentation of his previous lies about forest acreage:

Limbaugh: "Do you know we have more acreage of forest land in the United States today than we did at the time the Constitution was written?"

Fair: "In what are now the 50 U.S. states, there were 850 million acres of forest land in the late 1700s vs. only 730 million acres today."

Limbaugh's response: "Enormous tracts of trees were destroyed by settlers in this country, without being replanted. Today, reforestation is a critical component of the U.S. lumber industry. Furthermore, with increasingly sophisticated measuring methods, the more sure we are about the rapidly increasing rate of forest growth in the continental United States. These are the current facts: In 1952, the U.S. had 664 million acres of forest land. In 1987 the number had climbed to 731 million acres, according to the most recent numbers available in the U.S. Statistical Abstract, 1993-1994 edition..."

On the surface Limbaugh is statistically correct, but when the actual table he cites is examined, his deception is obvious. Below is the exact table from the American Almanac Statistical Abstract of the U.S., 1993-1994 (comments are added to clarify the point). Anyone can get recent versions of this widely distributed almanac and see the truth for themselves. The data is also available in greater detail from the U.S. Forest Service. This table lists widely spaced years but the trend is very clear and it fits what ecologists have always known about forest destruction. Using a classic disinformation technique, Limbaugh tries to make it seem like forested acreage "climbed to 731 million acres." The truth is entirely different but it escapes the scrutiny of those who accept Rush on faith. He picks a convenient starting point on a bell-shaped curve and completely alters reality. The fact that he knew he was lying says volumes about his character.

YEAR TOTAL U.S. FOREST ACREAGE (contrast with 850 million in 1700's) ---- --------------------------------------------------------------- 1952 664 million acres (initial reference point) 1962 759 million acres (replanting efforts pay off temporarily) 1970 754 million acres (decrease of 5 million acres) 1977 737 million acres (decrease of 17 million acres) 1987 731 million acres (decrease of 6 million acres)

Limbaugh uses 1952 as a starting point so that 1987 will look like a gain, but an honest observer would have discussed the losses from 1962 onward. Continuing with another segment of the same table, it's obvious that timber resources in the western U.S. have steadily declined, which explains timber companies' desire to cut virgin forests in the Pacific Northwest. "

Link: http://enough_already.tripod.com/rushlies.htm

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Here is another example of how Limbaugh went after an economist and distorted her position to act as though he was policing politicians and academics:

Fortunately for me, the president of my university, Bob Kerrey, is a public figure and a former policy maker himself, so he is well used to this sort of treatment and is more than supportive. So what will I do the next time I am called to testify? My footnotes of supporting studies will move to the text -- otherwise my views look isolated and can be picked off like a young zebra separated from the pack. I will talk to Fox only on my terms and I will be fully prepared for an attack when I venture into the blazing sun of the blogsphere and CSPAN. I will continue to publish peer-reviewed research, to be sure; but,next time, before I head out for a wild ride from refereed journals to Rush Limbaugh I’ll have an arsenal of spurs and switches.

Teresa Ghilarducci holds the Bernard L. and Irene Schwartz Chair of Economic Policy Analysis at the New School for Social Research.

Here is the link for the whole article: http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2008/12/08/ghilarducci

Bob Hechlor 6 years, 3 months ago

Limbaugh's fake enemy now is socialism. Let me know when the government starts sending you regular checks and starts disseminating toilet paper in controlled amounts, when Limbaugh's compound will be taken over to provide project housing for the working classes, When everyone is issued a uniform, when the government starts telling us what kind of work to be doing, when we quit having credit cards and start having rationing cards and I need to know who has been advocating this on the sly, because I haven't heard any of this rhetoric. Yes, be afraid dittoheads, the slimy socialists are coming, run, run fast, get away before it is too late. The socialists are going to have pamphlets and if you read them, you will be instantly transformed from a dittohead to a socialist, so run, run as fast as you can. Run for the Limbaugh compound. He will have his soldiers there to protect you from this takeover. So, run now dittoheads, don' t delay, Every second counts now. Joe the plumber has already gone to the compound.