Archive for Monday, June 22, 2009

Police seeking suspect in attempted murder

Lawrence police are seeking an attempted murder suspect after an apparent foiled robbery attempt on Friday morning.

June 22, 2009

James McAdams, seen here Feb. 17 at the Douglas County Jail, is sought by police as a suspect in an alleged attempted robbery. A warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of attempted second-degree murder and criminal possession of a firearm.

Police have identified the suspect as James “Jimmy” Merral McAdams Jr., 19, of Lawrence.

Police said a 20-year-old Kansas City, Mo., man reported that someone tried to rob him at gunpoint just before 2 a.m. Friday.

“When the victim ran away, the suspect shot at him multiple times,” according to police. No injuries were reported in the incident near 24th Street and Murphy Drive.

A warrant has been issued for McAdams’ arrest, for charges of attempted second-degree murder and criminal possession of a firearm, police said. He was last known to be driving a dark green Mitsubishi Galant with a 30-day temporary tag.

McAdams was arrested for second-degree attempted murder in February in the 500 block of Fireside Drive, later changed to criminal discharge of a firearm. That case was dismissed April 28, court records state.

Anyone with information on the suspect’s whereabouts or the shooting is asked to call Lawrence Police at 832-7501, Crime Stoppers at 843-TIPS, or 911.

Comments

rousseau108 5 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, he learned that the Douglas County court system is a joke and he can continue to shoot at people without consequence.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 6 months ago

Out of control. He's demonstrating his desire to be a career criminal, so how about we promote him to an executive position in the penitentary?

KEITHMILES05 5 years, 6 months ago

I am SHOCKED somebody from Lawrence would commit a shooting! Is this true?

It's stated on her ad nauseaum that only people from Topeka and KC are the shooters.

LOL

weatherguy48 5 years, 6 months ago

That entire part of town just needs to be bulldozed...

lovedbyYou 5 years, 6 months ago

after i heard before about his past (jimmy) this man walked in my house with one of my friends and i told him to get the hell out cuz don't no body like the way he acted. im surprised he didn't shoot at me! haha but thats what i was avoiding. he didn't like that....

Dan Eyler 5 years, 6 months ago

Yes we need to get rid if that republican right wing DA prosecutor. He need to enforce the law.

myjaan2007 5 years, 6 months ago

What's wrong with this mo&^%$#? Get a freaking job or get out of Lawrence, KS. We don't need those who do not know how to keep peace in themsleves, and others' life. This is disgusting. It just makes me want to hurl. Where were cops that time?

South Lawrence, and East Lawrence need extra protection. My goodness, the victim could have been me or anyone from you users...it sucks!!! lot of families live down that area. People like McAdams did not live a healthy family life and will not let others live one. I hope he grows up, and redeem himself.

rousseau108 5 years, 6 months ago

myjaan2007 says "where were cops that time?"

uh, they can't be everywhere all the time. plus, me thinks there's more to the story. maybe lucky for there to be 12 cops on the street for any given shift for a city of 100,000+. do the math.

feeble 5 years, 6 months ago

"McAdams is 5 feet 9 inches, 170 pounds and was last known to drive a dark green Mitsubishi Galant with a temporary tag, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call Lawrence police at 785-832-7501 or CrimeStoppers at 785-843-8477."

He also has a tattoo on the right side of his neck.

Clearly, this guy is armed and dangerous.

myjaan2007 5 years, 6 months ago

23rd and Iowa, and RedBud Lane Apartments, these two places are filled up with crack, drugs, and I don't know what else. Now there is a bar opened down that street does not really help much. It will become Mass St. pretty soon where cases of shooting were almost every weekend dramas. Why did they have to open the new bar Chateau? It is a family neighborhood first of all. We need to get together to protest to close that bar soon if we want peace at that place.....

igby 5 years, 6 months ago

...at lease he's shooting at KCMO and Topeka thugs!

lol.

igby 5 years, 6 months ago

...and the DA is not a GOP boy, he's a wing nut liberal who wants a higher office at the state level. The GOP had their chance to run against him and did not produce anyone, so he was elected unopposed. Voting him up to a higher office will be the only way to get rid of him. Hopefully before Lawrence, has to go to marshal law and curfews.

igby 5 years, 6 months ago

When we had Loren Anderson, as Sheriff and Tonkavich as DA, the cops in the LPD under Ron Olin were more heavy handed with cracking down on crime here in Lawrence. They were all GOP election winners except for the appointee Ron Olin. However now, we have all Dems in charge and the Sheriff department is on automatic pilot because it doesn't do any good the crack down on crime when the liberal dems control all the courts functions. The DA and all the judges are liberals so the cops get tired of seeing the criminals walk.

weatherguy48 5 years, 6 months ago

Holy crap there's a bar down there now? Where exactly?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 6 months ago

That case was dismissed April 28, court records state.

Oooooooookaaaaaaaay!
so, if we had a half-@$$ed DA, Jimmy wouldn't have been out to take pot shots at another criminal?

just how hard are they trying to collar this punk with a gun?

how much more from this DA do we have to tolerate?

illfareal785 5 years, 6 months ago

Lawrence police are sorry as can be. if only yall were smart enough to relize why all these shootings are taking place. yall continue to talk Sh*t on sumone yall dont know. WRONG PLACE WRONG TIME happens to the best of us. from wats bein said the kansascity man tried to rob the lawrence man. thats where the consequences came from!!

METALQ2 5 years, 6 months ago

Not to change the subject, well maybe I am. I saw the Olathe bomb squad come into Lawrence this morning at approximately 6:30. Anyone heard or know anything? Just curious.

compmd 5 years, 6 months ago

illfareal785,

If I were you, I would be preparing on a visit from the police real soon now.

With all the crime going on, maybe its time for a Lawrence Militia.

LiberalWiner 5 years, 6 months ago

illfareal785 (Anonymous) says…

Lawrence police are sorry as can be. if only yall were smart enough to relize why all these shootings are taking place. yall continue to talk Sh*t on sumone yall dont know. wrong place wrong time happens to the best of us. from wats bein said the kansascity man tried to rob the lawrence man. thats where the consequences came from!!

STOP! It's Grammar Time!

Seriously, your posts are painful to read.

motocross 5 years, 6 months ago

Tumbilweed.....idiot!

Marion! I agree with you 100%!! If he would have done that to me, there would be no more "little guy who thinks he's tough with a gun", running around the streets here.

illfareal785 5 years, 6 months ago

illfareal785 5 years, 6 months ago

GOOD LUCK LPD!!! cuz u are gunna need it.

rcr 5 years, 6 months ago

"That entire part of town just needs to be bulldozed"

So I guess we should also bulldoze the 500 block of Fireside Drive where the first incident took place?

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 6 months ago

If illfareal keeps it up, with his great grammar and all, this could get out of hand.

redmoonrising 5 years, 6 months ago

God, I'm glad I'm not a man so I don't have the added responsibility of carrying around a gun to protect my family. Course if I did, and shot the perp, I would still have to keep myself out of jail when I found out I shot the neighbors kid coming to court my daughter in the bushes. Seriously, maybe all the criminals will start picking on all you packers and the crime rate will go way down, like 6 feet, in Lawrence.

Hope that both sides have learned their lesson on this one. Time to take him off the streets.

Blunt 5 years, 6 months ago

????? Women don't have to protect their families?? Daughter? Bushes?

geez. back to bed for you. Your meds are wearing off.

MeAndFannieLou 5 years, 6 months ago

Anything ever happen to Matthew Jaeger? Or did that attempted murderer get away with his crime?

jeffds01 5 years, 6 months ago

oeralinda,

i second everything you just said....and i'm also picking up my concealed carry application this afternoon!

feeble 5 years, 6 months ago

Marion writes:

Maybe he will threaten a properly licenced, trained and armed citizen who will pop a cap on his a$$.

Or maybe just an ordinary citizen with his/her hunting shotgun in the closet.

Or just get beaten to death by someone who gets the drop on him.

Whattya think?

Well, if someone gets the drop on him, I can see it happening. He doesn't seem to have enough sense to know when to quit, which makes him twice as dangerous. Given this news report, the publicity and his priors, I imagine a good attorney wouldn't have to stretch to hard to establish "threat of the imminent infliction of death or great bodily harm". Of course, out and out vigilantism probably would land someone in jail pretty damn quick, even with this guy's record.

I doubt I have the reflexes anymore, and I'm not "heeled" as they used to say, so I'll let someone else be his huckleberry.

kmat 5 years, 6 months ago

igby - just FYI since you want to blame liberals - the DA did run as a democrat, but he is not liberal. Don't insult us liberals with trying to link us together. We liberals want him gone too. He's proven he's worthless.

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 6 months ago

What happened to illfareal?? Did he have to go to school @ Freestate?

jeffds01 5 years, 6 months ago

Yes woodenfleaeater, illfareal785 did have to go to school, with all of that nonsense he was saying the teacher told him he can't even blog anymore. He must not have read the article, because if he would have he would see that the guy doing the robbing, also did the shooting, and is also being looked for as we speak.

as for "areunorml" my and my friends like to call neck or lower arm tattoos "jds" job disqualifiers, becasue your never getting any job worth while, with a neck tattoo.

weatherguy48 5 years, 6 months ago

rcr (Anonymous) says…

“That entire part of town just needs to be bulldozed”

Nice try, but no. Far more incidents happen in the area of 24th and Ousdahl, Ridge, and Murphy than at 500 Fireside.

TheYetiSpeaks 5 years, 6 months ago

You better get used to it Lawrence. Because the problem is already here and it cannot be undone until the next generation. This current generation of punk kids grew up with parents who did not give a damn about compassion, eating dinners together, generally spending time with their kids, and a multitude of other ways to be shoddy parents. Instead their kids were raised by the television and 50 Cent. A perfect combination of make-believe to grow pretend gangsters like illa4real up there. I am assuming that most of these tattoo covered wannabees grew up in this general area of the country, so I have something to tell you: Get your tattoos removed. Quit talking funny because we know you did not grow up in Compton and because you would be surprised at how quickly more people would take you seriously if you did. If you don't, I am afraid Marion is right: One day you are going to cross someone who actually knows what a kill or be killed situation feels like, be it Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, or Bedford-Stuy, Inner Washington D.C., and Little Rock and they will not hesitate. Honestly, illa4real, kids that grew up in a number of civil war-torn nations in Africa scoff in your general direction.

sinverguenza 5 years, 6 months ago

motocross (Anonymous) says…

"I'm legally armed all the time. I protect my family and myself. It's called being a man."

He typed it with a straight face, people. The emperor's new gown is a gun.

swtone420 5 years, 6 months ago