Bottom line:Commissioners will consider approving a $431,025 contract with Bartlett & West to design a rebuilding of Kasold Drive from Clinton Parkway to 31st Street.
Background:City commissioners are proposing to rebuild the section of street with money from the city’s new infrastructure sales tax. The design work will evaluate where new turn lanes should be installed on the street, and also will evaluate how traffic will be controlled during the construction process. That is expected to be a significant issue, since many neighborhoods have only a single access onto Kasold.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from May 26.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award bid for one heavy-duty truck tractor for the Public Works Department to KC Freightliner for $80,728.
b.) Waive bidding requirements and approve the sole source purchase of one EH Wachs trailer-mounted valve exerciser/hydro vacuum machine and software for the Utilities Department to EH Wachs Company for $44,285.
c.) Set a bid date of June 30 for 2009 Overlay Program Phase II, Project No. PW0908.
d.) Award bid for the Hobbs Park Sanitary Sewer Extension project. Bids will be opened at 2 p.m. on June 9. Staff will provide a recommendation for award at the June 9 City Commission meeting.
• Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 8417, allowing the possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages at South Park on June 18 related to the Callahan Creek Company Picnic.
• Adopt the following ordinances on second and final reading:
a.) Joint City Ordinance No. 8402/County Resolution No. _____ approving CPA-2004-02, a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to Horizon 2020, Chapter 7: Industrial and Employment Related Land Use.
b.) Ordinance No. 8414, authorizing the possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on July 3 on the south half of the 600 block of Massachusetts Street and the north half of the 700 block of Massachusetts Street from 5 p.m. to midnight.
• Approve revisions to Site Plan SP-12-112-08 for Jackpot Saloon for a hospitality area located at 943 Mass. Submitted by Hernly Architects for Jack L. Graham, trustee, the property owner of record.
• Approve the following items related to the Lawrence Originals/Give Back Food Festival and Fireworks, July 4.
a.) Approve a temporary use of right-of-way permit for the closure of Seventh Street from Kentucky Street to Tennessee Street from noon to 11 p.m. on July 4 for the Lawrence Originals/Give Back Food Festival and Fireworks.
b.) Adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8418, allowing the possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the north half of Watson Park on July 4 related to the Lawrence Originals/Give Back Food Festival and Fireworks.
• Authorize the city manager to initiate a request for proposals for the lime lagoon clean-out and beneficial reuse of the residuals.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Consider approving Comprehensive Plan Amendment CPA-2008-6, amending Horizon 2020, Chapter 14 Specific Plans, to add a reference to and incorporate the West of K-10 Plan and consider adopting on first reading, Joint City Ordinance No. 8391/County Resolution No. 09-16, by approving and incorporating by reference, CPA-2008-6.
• Receive status report on Oread Development (12th and Indiana streets) and improvements and consider authorizing the city manager to approve purchase orders to Oread Development in the amount of $134,070.20 for public improvements to be completed in conjunction with the project.
• Consider authorizing the city manager to execute Supplemental Agreement No. 1 for $141,304 to the current Engineering Services Agreement with BG Consultants for Design and Construction Phase Engineering for Phase 1 of Project UT0810DS Watermain Replacement Program.
• Authorize the city manager to sign Engineering Services Agreement with Bartlett & West for design of Kasold Drive, from Clinton Parkway to 31st Street.
• Receive from city auditor a proposed annual audit work plan.
• Consider motion to recess into executive session for approximately 30 minutes to discuss the following: 1) possible property acquisition; and 2) matters relating to employer-employee negotiations. The justification for the executive session is to keep possible property acquisition matters and employer-employee negotiation matters confidential at this time.