Here’s a look at events during the Independence Day weekend in Lawrence:
• 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.: Free Kids Zone with bounce house, obstacle course, live music and food at Seventh and Massachusetts streets.
• 7:30 p.m.: Tour of Lawrence’s Eldridge Hotel Street Sprints starting at Seventh Street on the east side of Massachusetts Street.
• Noon to 9 p.m.: Free Kids Zone with bounce house, obstacle course, live music and food at Ninth and Massachusetts streets.
• 12:45 p.m.: Kids’ Bike Race at Ninth and Massachusetts streets. Bikes, tricycles and scooters are welcomed. Registration begins at 12:15 p.m.
• 12:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.: Tour of Lawrence’s Downtown Criterium race. The course travels from Seventh to 10th street and along Massachusetts and New Hampshire streets.
• 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Lawrence Originals Independence Day, which will feature live music and food and drinks from 18 local restaurants, will be at Watson Park, at Seventh Street between Tennessee and Kentucky streets.
• 9:45 p.m.: Start of Lawrence Jaycees fireworks display. Best viewing spots are at Watson Park and Constant Park, both near the corner of Sixth and Kentucky streets. The fireworks display also will be carried live on Sunflower Broadband Channel 6, to the sounds of patriotic music, through the Dale Willey Automotive tower camera on the roof of Lawrence City Hall.
• 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.: Tour of Lawrence’s KU Campus Circuit Race, which begins at Wescoe Beach, 1445 Jayhawk Blvd.