Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, January 13, 2009

No one injured in house fire southwest of Eudora

Fire broke out this afternoon at a house southwest of Eudora.

January 13, 2009

Advertisement

— Eudora Township firefighters sought assistance from three other area fire departments to fight a house fire at 1219 E. 2100 Road shortly after 2 p.m. Tuesday.

According to Eudora Township Fire Chief Mike Baxter, heavy smoke was visible from the attic when crews arrived on scene. The fire was sparked by a woodburning stove in the living room of the house.

The person who lived there was not home at the time of the fire.

Fire officials said the blaze was contained to one room of the house. There was heavy smoke damage.

The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting with food and clothing for the person who lived in the house.

Comments

classclown 5 years, 3 months ago

We have to ban matches dang it.There are no such things as responsible match owners.Matches are designed to light fires and fires can kill people. We can't be sure they are always going to wind up in, or stay in, the hands of law abiding citizens.

0

Commenting has been disabled for this item.