• Reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets continues. One lane of North Second remains closed for traffic heading south through the intersection. Both lanes are closed for traffic heading north. Northbound vehicles follow a detour that includes Elm, North Third, Locust and — crossing Union Pacific Railroad tracks — Lyon streets. State transportation officials expect the detour to last into late January.
• Drivers may face slow traffic periods as construction continues for a new U.S. Highway 59 between Lawrence and Ottawa.
• Douglas County Road 9, or East 1500 Road, remains closed from the Kansas Turnpike to U.S. Highway 24-40. Crews hired by the Kansas Turnpike are continuing with their bridge-construction activities. The closure is scheduled to last until late spring.
• Interstate 670’s westbound right lane will be closed over the Kansas River Bridge in Wyandotte County from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday for bridge inspection.
U.S. Highway 69
• A section of U.S. Highway 69 in Wyandotte County, known as the 18th Street Expressway, continues to be limited to one lane in each direction from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily as crews work to paint the bridge. Work is expected to last into late March.