Archive for Saturday, December 26, 2009

J-W carriers still trying to deliver newspapers

December 26, 2009

As the snow continues to fall, many Lawrence Journal-World newspaper subscribers are still without Friday and Saturday newspaper.

Chris Bell, J-W circulation manager, said many carriers were still attempting to make deliveries as of Saturday afternoon.

"Although some streets are cleared, our carriers and employees have become stuck on other city and county roads," he explained. "In addition, some carriers have had difficulties getting to the LJW to deliver."

Bell apologized for the inconvenience and said more routes were completed today than yesterday and he expected that pattern to continue into Sunday.

Comments

unelectable 4 years, 10 months ago

If only there were somewhere online to read the jay-dub! Oh the humanity!

laurien 4 years, 10 months ago

Our country road has been clear since around 7 am. checked around 2 still no paper. I can read some articles online. My husband misses reading the paper. Alexander Rd is plowed. Sure hope will get papers Sunday. Thanks for trying.

Michael Stanclift 4 years, 10 months ago

You mean people still pay money to have the LJW delivered?

CLARKKENT 4 years, 10 months ago

YES WE PAY MONEY TO HAVE IT DELIVERED. WE ARE NORTH OF ALEXANDER RD., OURS IS ALSO OPEN.

OH YES, WE EVEN GOT MAIL TODAY.....

Linda Aikins 4 years, 10 months ago

We didn't get one but we sure understand why. Thanks for trying! Hopefully we will have two to read tomorrow!

The_Voice_of_Reason 4 years, 10 months ago

Well the city still needs to REplow some roads. Lake Point Dr got plowed but the wind blew it right back over. Thank you to the kinds strangers who helped me get unstuck!

Kent Fisher 4 years, 10 months ago

Thank you Mary Sexton for delivering our papers today! Stonecreek Drive folks

BlackVelvet 4 years, 10 months ago

I would rather read the news online than have my carrier risk injury or frostbite. I can wait.

Sheila Hooper White 4 years, 10 months ago

Is beginning to wonder if we will get a paper at all. Friday - I completely understand. Saturday - Ok I'll give you that one. But still no paper on Sunday. Our road and the surrounding roads have been plowed since early Saturday morning. I know there are some bad roads out there, we were out Friday and yesterday. It wasn't easy but we were able to get around.

JayCat_67 4 years, 10 months ago

We couldn't get out of our own driveway on Saturday because our street wasn't plowed until after noon. But man it was nice to get out for awhile then.

Dalmia 4 years, 10 months ago

We only receive the Saturday & Sunday paper and both days we received delivery. Our carriers, the Goos are the absolute BEST!!!