Archive for Friday, December 25, 2009

Journal-World delivery routes limited by inclement weather

Both papers to be delivered Saturday to those without today’s paper

December 25, 2009, 3:20 a.m. Updated December 25, 2009, 1:29 p.m.

Due to blizzard conditions and deep snow on city and area roads, the Lawrence Journal-World was able to deliver a limited number of newspapers to subscribers Friday morning.

With snow drifts stalling vehicles in and around the city since Thursday evening, roads prevented Journal-World carriers from traveling their complete routes early Friday.

According to Journal-World circulation manager Chris Bell, carriers were not able to traverse numerous routes and multiple carriers' vehicles became stuck in high snow. Some deliveries were completed as usual despite the snow. Bell said carriers would be attempting deliveries later this morning.

For customers who do not receive today's paper, Bell said they should be getting both today and Saturday's paper on Saturday.

Comments

mr_right_wing 4 years, 3 months ago

I demand a refund!! Oh yeah, I read it for free on the internet! Oops..my bad.

schula 4 years, 3 months ago

I am glad my carrier didn't try to deliver. I can't even get out of my apartment complex.

SpeedRacer 4 years, 3 months ago

My carrier made it to my house and I can't even get through the drifts to my car. Great job! (There was a slight fleck of blue plastic sticking up in the snow, otherwise I would never have seen it.)

firstnation101 4 years, 3 months ago

ditto rantor...and yeah i would not even try to deliver a paper!

rantor 4 years, 3 months ago

Barrypenders, How about coming up with a new slogan for your life. "Darwin bless us all" is getting old. (actually, it was old before you started using it).

farmgal 4 years, 3 months ago

no one should have to get out on these treacherous roads today, so i hope that they don't even try to deliver papers in this mess. stay home, stay warm & stay safe. that's way more important!

yoornotmee 4 years, 3 months ago

I use to deliver papers. There's no way I would have driven last night, and I certainly wouldn't have gotten out and walked around a whole neighborhood and tried to get it all done by 6am.

oldvet 4 years, 3 months ago

Wow! My paper just got delivered! I did not expect it and would not feel bad if it had never come today. Edna is a SUPER carrier for LJW!!!

loosecaboose 4 years, 3 months ago

I don't have mine in Baldwin City yet, and if they wait for a day or two that is okay by me, the safe route. I was really surprised that our Star carrier did make it, Many times they don't make it in good weather!

Randall Barnes 4 years, 3 months ago

IT'S AIMED AT ALTHEASUS WHO GETS BOTH PRINT AND INTERNET. THE SHERRIFFS DEPT PARKED THEIR CARS AND USED THE 4 4WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES THAT THE COUNTY OWNS. AND SEVERAL POLICE CARS GOT STUCK, SO ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT GETTING A PAPER NEEDS TO GO DRIVE AND HOPE THEY GET STUCK.

sadistnations 4 years, 3 months ago

you and your darwin bless us all....pfft

Althea Schnacke 4 years, 3 months ago

Thanks paper carrier for making it to my house!

barrypenders 4 years, 3 months ago

Thank the Gore for the "Internet".

Stimulus, The Punaho Kid and Posercare live unprecedented

Darwin bless us all

rdave 4 years, 3 months ago

MichaelJ is right on target....I am hopeful our carrier didn't try and stayed safe.

budwhysir 4 years, 3 months ago

I use to deliver papers, pretty sure I wouldnt have even tried to get out.

BlackVelvet 4 years, 3 months ago

completely understandable! I hope that those who did not receive a paper will not complain about it. No one needs to be out in this weather. The Police had it bad enough overnight.