Archive for Thursday, December 24, 2009

Salina woman pleads for return of camera memory card

December 24, 2009

— A Salina woman who was finally getting around to having some important family pictures developed is asking whoever stole her purse — with camera inside — to at least return the memory card.

Delene Schoof was watching a movie at a local theater Sunday night when someone sat next to her, then left with her purse.

Her camera had the last photos of her son, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in 2007, and the last ones of her mother and grandmother, who also are dead.

She had planned to get the photos made into prints after the movie.

Her purse was found in a Dumpster on Monday, but the camera and some credit cards were gone. She canceled the cards, and doesn’t care about the camera. And she realizes the pictures are probably gone, too.

Comments

sadistnations 4 years, 3 months ago

who gives a s. get over it. prolly pics of your children in the bathtub u sick f.

HEY_FUQ 4 years, 3 months ago

Seriously. Twice in the same sentence. Instead of dontcallmedan, the username should be docallmedumb.

JustNoticed 4 years, 3 months ago

Lose/Loose get a dictionary please.

ksyellowrocker 4 years, 3 months ago

I feel this woman's pain. I am a picture fanatic and carry my camera with me at all times. Back 14 years ago, before digital cameras, I had taken several rolls of film of my oldest niece's birthday party, dropped them off at K-Mart and never got the pictures back - they had lost the rolls of film. I was very hesitant to go digital, but now that I have, I wonder why I had not done it years before. I hope whoever took this woman's camera, will be kind enough to return it to her, somehow.

firstnation101 4 years, 3 months ago

oh poor thing, hope she gets it back

budwhysir 4 years, 3 months ago

I would agree I dont find any humor in the post either. Doesnt look like it was written with any. Nothing like that good ol Christmas spirit

Irenaku 4 years, 3 months ago

I had my digital camera stolen with the memory card inside at a office holiday party. It contained all the pictures of my niece's first birthday.. Not comparable to this poor woman's loss but I relate in a small way to someone being so thoughtless! I am so sorry this happened to her!

dontcallmedan 4 years, 3 months ago

Sorry you're not sorry. I was pointing out that you can loose a lot of meaningful pictures if you loose a card that holds thousands of shots (the drawback), as opposed to a roll of film with 20 shots. I feel sorry for the Salina woman, and there was no humor was intended. And I also feel sorry for you.

wysiwyg69 4 years, 3 months ago

Hey dan my remark was because I don't find any humor in your statement about something as serious as what this situation was. It meant very much to her and all you can say is "a digital drawback". Sorry only to the LJW for my name calling.

lesleydiane 4 years, 3 months ago

"She had planned to et the photos made into prints after the movie."

et the photos? Typo?

LOLtrollLOL 4 years, 3 months ago

Seems like people get more and more terrible around this time of year. I hate Christmas.

dontcallmedan 4 years, 3 months ago

wysiwyg69--please explain your unpleasant name calling.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 3 months ago

CATCH THE PERSON STRING THEM UP HOW RUTHLESS.

wysiwyg69 4 years, 3 months ago