A Eudora family is working to rebuild after a fire ravaged an outbuilding on their property Tuesday afternoon.
According to Merritt Musick, owner of the property, the fire was started by an unattended wood-burning stove.
No one was home when fire crews were called about 12:45 p.m. Crews from three fire departments spent nearly five hours on the scene, in the 2200 section of North 1300 Road, on the south side of Eudora.
Firefighters battled widespread flames and thick smoke as the fire ripped through the shed, which housed a craft business for the family. The building was a total loss.
“They tried to save everything,” Musick said. “Everything in there can be replaced and no one got hurt.”