Archive for Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sen. Roberts fighting pneumonia

August 20, 2009

— Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts is fighting a bout of pneumonia and will miss a planned trip to the southeastern Kansas town of Treece.

A spokesperson for the 73-year-old senator said that doctors have advised Roberts to reduce his schedule for the next few days.

Roberts was scheduled to be in Treece Thursday for a tour areas heavily polluted by nearly a century of mining. He had been pushing for months for the EPA and other federal officials to visit the town.

U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins has introduced legislation for a $3.5 million federal buyout of the remaining homes in Treece.

This is the second health issue for Roberts who underwent knee surgery in April.

Comments

truman1902 6 years ago

Get well, dear Senator..This will postpone any thoughts of holding those "Town Halls" regarding health care..Though, sick as one with pneumonia can be, you couldn't come across any worse than Sen. Specter's performance two weeks back..Can the Democratic party stumble out of the gate any slower than they have, if they were paid EXTRA!! For now, it's an Aspirin per day for me!!

Jimo 6 years ago

Maybe octogenarians shouldn't be in demanding public jobs?

What about it Pat? Time to give the next generation (the 60 year olds!) a chance?

Mixolydian 6 years ago

logrithmic (Anonymous) says…

Now isn't that a shame. Hope the grim reaper visits soon!

God so bless!

The ignore user feature cannot come soon enough for me. A**clown.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Oh good, logrithmic, nice to see you damning your own causes again.

yourworstnightmare 6 years ago

Roberts is a socialist. He is using the federal government to bail out a town.

He should just speak more. All of that hot air that comes out of him would surely kill the pneumonia.

Adrienne Sanders 6 years ago

Since when does 73 make you an octogenarian?

Now, take away his health insurance and see how he feels about that.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

"Since when does 73 make you an octogenarian?"

When differing politics mean you should die, apparently.

Larry Bauerle Jr. 6 years ago

Reading these posts you would think Roberts was one of those "non-tolerant" folks.

63BC 6 years ago

Am I reading this correctly? Are there really two posters on this site who are wishing death on the man? Really? Cheering for him to die?

Get a grip. Seriously. All that hate will eat you up.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Yes, 63BC, unfortunately any time a politician or other public political figure gets sick or dies, there are 2 or 3 ideological opposites that suggest he deserves to die for having different political beliefs.

I think your warning on hate comes, unfortunately, a tad too late.

ECM 6 years ago

Wow beobachter. Another great example of the how caring liberals are.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Can he not be a representative sample, please.

BigPrune 6 years ago

Nice to see the hate filled liberals out in force. Thanks for showing your true colors.

If this was a democrat, I think it highly unlikely the same would be coming from conservatives.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

Whatever you say, logrithmic. Everyone will still think that you're a tool, and as you can see they see it reflecting negatively on you and everybody else of your political persuasion.

But I'm done, I know I won't convince you.

GardenMomma 6 years ago

Just because I don't agree with someone's political views/agendas doesn't mean I wish that person bad health. Think of the karma!

Pneumonia sucks - whether you're a democrat, republican, independent, etc.

MeAndFannieLou 6 years ago

I wish him a speedy recovery, and a nice retirement.

verity 6 years ago

I am left of liberal and Beo and Log DO NOT represent my views.

Beo and Log, you may not care what people think, but you don't do your cause any good.

I don't agree with most of Senator Roberts views, but I wish him a quick recovery.

jonas_opines 6 years ago

beobachter (Anonymous) says…

"And how many of the right wingers on here have posted the same bad wishes on Kennedy and even Obama?"

Probably a few of them. But if you're going to bring up Kennedy, we could notice that you said this:

beobachter (Anonymous) says…

"I can't stand any of the Kennedy's. And if your world is cheering any persons problems, I'm glad I'm not part of your world. At least I'm not pure low life scum."

jonas_opines 6 years ago

I don't know, right-thinker, but I'm sure you could go into your comment profile from 2004-2006 and find something that could explain it, by just switching a D and an R.

Well, if you still had that comment record, at least.