Today is the first in a series of quizzes about Kansas University. Today’s focus is general KU knowledge. See the answers at the end of the quiz.
1. In year did KU hold its first classes?
2. What was the full-time student enrollment on all campuses, as of fall 2008?
3. Counting Bernadette Gray-Little, how many chancellors has KU had?
4. Approximately how many acres is KU’s campus in Lawrence, including West Campus?
5. How many countries were represented by international students in fall 2008?
6. What is KU’s Adams Campus?
A. Its Overland Park location.
B. Recreation challenge course south of Lawrence.
C. The original name of the Lawrence campus.
D. Its proposed campus in Hays.
7. What notable event occurred at the KU Hospital in 1998?
A. It began being operated under a public authority separate from the university
B. AIDS researchers had a major breakthrough
C. A building collapsed
D. It opened for business for the first time.
8. What is the entity that directly oversees operations at KU?
A. Kansas Board of Education
B. Kansas Board of Regents
C. Kansas Board of Healing Arts
D. State Council on Education
9. Which KU school was abolished this year?
A. School of Education
B. School of Allied Health
C. School of Social Welfare
D. School of Fine Arts
10. What will the new Jayhawk Generations Scholarship do?
A. Give a scholarship to students who are fourth-generation KU alumni or more.
B. Give new tuition breaks to children or grandchildren of KU alumni.
C. Help athletes pay the remainder of their tuition.
D. Give a scholarship to those involved in the Student Alumni Association.
Answers: 1-C; 2-C; 3-A; 4-A; 5-D; 6-B; 7-A; 8-B; 9-D; 10-B.