This is the third in a series of quizzes about Kansas University. See the answers at the end of the quiz.
1. What job did former Chancellor Gene Budig accept when he left KU?
A. Professor at the University of Michigan
B. CEO of Sprint
C. President of Princeton University
D. President of Major League Baseball’s American League
2. What is the name of Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little’s husband?
3. What is the name of the 2009-2010 student body president?
A. Ben Walker
B. Kevin Yoder
C. Zac Efron
D. Mason Heilman
4. Who was KU’s first chancellor?
A. R.W. Oliver
B. Joshua Lippincott
C. Frank Strong
D. Deane Malott
5. Sheila Bair, chairwoman of the Federal Insurance Deposit Corporation, and Linda Zarda Cook, executive director of gas and power for Royal Dutch Shell, were named two of the 75 most powerful women in the world by Forbes magazine. Which other KU alumna was on the list?
A. Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of health and human services
B. Lynette Woodard, former basketball player
C. Cynthia Carroll, chief executive of Anglo American
D. Jane Hull, governor of Arizona
6. Which former astronaut now works at KU?
A. Kathryn Hire
B. Joe Engle
C. Ron Evans
D. Steve Hawley
7. Which science fiction author, who writings include “The Immortals,” directs a center for science fiction at KU?
A. Kij Johnson
B. Avram Davidson
C. Olaf Stapleton
D. James Gunn
8. Who is the current president of the KU Alumni Association?
A. Del Shankel
B. Kevin Corbett
C. Dale Seuferling
D. Fred Williams
9. Which of the following KU-affiliated people has not been on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”?
A. Kathleen Sebelius, KU graduate and former Kansas governor
B. David Perlmutter, recently departed journalism faculty member
C. Ron Barrett, who is involved in designing unmanned aerial vehicles
D. Thomas Frank, author of “What’s the Matter with Kansas”
10. What clothing designer attended KU before transferring to Arizona State University?
A. Kate Spade
B. Marc Jacobs
C. Tommy Hilfiger
D. Calvin Klein
1-D; 2-A; 3-D; 4-A; 5-C; 6-D; 7-D; 8-B; 9-C; 10-A.