Take your pick.
Or pick them all.
This weekend’s running calendar in Lawrence features five 5K (or 3.1-mile) charitable races for running fanatics to choose from.
The races on Saturday and Sunday offer the rare chance for someone to participate in all five of them, if they play their cards right.
Here are the 5K races on the calendar for Saturday and Sunday:
• Hilltop Hustle 5K, 8 a.m. Saturday, features a 5K run and walk and 1K family fun run around the Kansas University campus that begins in front of the Hilltop Child Development Center. It is the 10th annual benefit for the Hilltop center.
For more information, send an e-mail to Mike Cormack, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Kappa Delta ShamRock and Run is at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Burge Union at KU. It benefits the sorority and its philanthropies, Prevent Child Abuse in America and Women’s Transitional Care Services in Lawrence.
• The Margaret Amini Scholarship Hall Charity 5K Walk/Run will be 2 p.m. Saturday also at the Burge Union at KU. It benefits the Ronald McDonald House.
• The Run for Erica is at 8:30 a.m. Sunday at Free State High School, 4700 Overland Drive. Proceeds from the run, which also includes a 1-mile fun run at 9 a.m., will benefit The Erica Smith Fund. Smith, a Free State senior, was injured in August in a one-vehicle rollover wreck. The fund helps cover Smith’s medical costs and other expenses, such as the wheelchair the former cross country runner uses.
It was originally scheduled to be in March, but weather forced organizers to postpone it. They have already raised $11,000 to benefit Smith’s recovery.
“That’s why we rescheduled, so that Erica could hopefully get that community feel of support,” said Nora Sakumura, a Smith family friend and race organizer.
• To cap the weekend, the Dog Jog 5K walk and run will be 1:30 p.m. at the Burge Union. It will benefit the Lawrence Humane Society, and dogs are welcome at the race if they are on a leash.
More information about each of the 5K races and registration is available at www.runlawrence.org/races.html.