Archive for Monday, April 6, 2009

Police arrest man after a brief car chase in southeast Lawrence

One person was arrested after a car chase Monday morning in East Lawrence.

April 6, 2009, 10:48 a.m. Updated April 6, 2009, 12:31 p.m.

Man arrested after brief car chase

Police and sheriff's deputies apprehend a man on an outstanding arrest warrant following a brief car chase in southeast Lawrence. Enlarge video

Police arrested a man about 11 a.m. Monday after a vehicle chase began in southeast Lawrence and ended near Hobbs Park.

Officers used stop spikes near 11th Street and Haskell Avenue to flatten the tires of the older-model Ford Escort the suspect was driving.

Capt. Steve Zarnowiec said he was not aware of any injuries related to the vehicle chase that involved multiple police and Douglas County Sheriff’s officers.

Once the tires were flattened, the man tried to run from police near the intersection of 11th and Oregon streets before officers arrested him. It ended the chase that began in a residential area southeast of 23rd Street and Haskell Avenue.

Zarnowiec said the call originated when officers “began dealing with” a person wanted for aggravated escape in southeast Lawrence, but he said at the scene officers were still gathering specifics on where the man was wanted and why.

The suspect eventually made it into a vehicle, and officers began to chase him, Zarnowiec said. The man led officers through the residential area, and witnesses said he avoided stop spikes near 25th Terrace and Haskell Avenue.

Cameron Baraban, a Kansas University student who lives in that area, said the suspect was driving about 40 mph in the residential area with about eight law enforcement vehicles following him.

“We heard all the sirens, and the dogs were going crazy,” Baraban said.

The suspect eventually drove north of 23rd Street and briefly headed east on 15th Street to a rural area between Lawrence and Eudora.

The suspect’s vehicle ran several stop signs and traffic lights in an area near Oak Hill Cemetery and surrounding neighborhoods. Before the tires were flattened, Zarnowiec said, the suspect managed to avoid several attempts by police to disable his vehicle.

Possible charges related to the chase include reckless driving, eluding police and multiple traffic infractions, the police captain said.

Comments

Nikki May 6 years, 1 month ago

On our street at one point. Wild stuff. We never have that over here.

mcontrary 6 years, 1 month ago

Let's hear it that no one got killed by either the chaser or chasee.

Nikki May 6 years, 1 month ago

Awesome, he went a long way without hurting anyone. We live near 28th and Hobbs is 11th. Lucky day for innocent people.

mcontrary (Anonymous) says…

Let's hear it that no one got killed by either the chaser or chasee.

I wish I could say as much for the squirrel I saw get smashed by this yahoo!!!!!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Glad no one got hurt. He went down our street and we are high chaparrel area. I heard from a neighbor that it started on 27th near chaparrel park. I'll be anxious to hear if it has something to do with the stabbing also.

Glad it wasn't nicer outside there would of been more kids playing out since there is no school today.

KEITHMILES05 6 years, 1 month ago

This is breaking news? Really now. This is NOT. Stop it.

irunsowhat 6 years, 1 month ago

It started over here in the 2600 block of Maverick around 10 or 10:30. A guy and his wife were having some sort of yelling match on the street and he took off in his car, and then was obviously chased by the Police for some time. Glad to see they caught him.

number1jayhawker 6 years, 1 month ago

Is the purp wearing a Nebraska ballcap? lol

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

wonder if the hubby heard the commotion at home?

HermioneElliott 6 years, 1 month ago

Why is is it that car chases in Lawrence never seem to go over forty? I know it could have been serious, but when I think of this going slowly with eight cop cars following in a line, well-- Why so many? Isn't that about all we have in Lawrence? Is that why the driver was able to avoid the spikes? He slowed to thirty and carefully went around? Events like this bring up so many questions. That's why it's breaking news.

Bossa_Nova 6 years, 1 month ago

lawrence police have tire spikes? or did they borrow them from the topeka police? they must have called in the topeka police who are more experienced in car chases for backup who brought the spikes with them. or was it the wyandotte police? we need more details! will the journal world ever report on the details that matter?!?!?!?

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

FIRST OFF LETS GET THIS STORY RIGHT, I UNDERSTAND THESE ARE JUST COMMENTS BUT NO ONE KNOWS THE SITUATION OR THE TRUTH BUT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED, LETS CLEAR THIS UP NO HE AINT YOUR COUSIN HE AINT EVEN FROM HERE HE IS MY HUSBAND AND I FULLY SUPPORT HIM, MAYBE HIS ACTIONS WERENT RIGHT BUT HOWEVER NO ONE WAS HURT AND EVERYTHING ENDED QUIETLY AND PEACEFULLY. NO HE WASNT INVOLVED IN NOTHING TO DO WITH LAWRENCE KANSAS WE ARENT EVEN FROM THIS TOWN. SO POST ON WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND JUST PRAY THAT IN ENDED QUIETLY AND NO ONE GOT HURT. THIS IS BY FAR NOTHING THAT SHOULD BE MAKING FRONT LINE NEWS FOR REAL, THERES WAY MORE IMPORTANT CRAP GOING ON IN THE WORLD BESIDE THIS SMALL STUFF. SO THERES THE REAL STORY. THANK YOU

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

It took me about half an hour to read all that mumbo jumbo that sank4ever wrote, but after deciphering it I have come to realize one thing.................They must be from Topkeka

Rich Rodgers 6 years, 1 month ago

"Maybe" his actions weren't right? ...yeah, maybe. Why does anyone ever think that running from the police is a good idea (in thins case it was more of a brisk stroll). Cops live for this stuff, there's no way you're getting away. All it ever does is make a bad situation a million times worse. Actually, maybe he should work for the government on that note.

Kyle Reed 6 years, 1 month ago

You all do realize there are private message options as well, right?

OzChicklet 6 years, 1 month ago

Peace_be_with_you

So what did the wife wanna-be do to your cousin?

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

I GUESS YOU PEOPLE DONT WANT TO LISTEN PEACE_BE_WITH_YOU, SERIOUSLY I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKENING HIM FOR SOMEONE ELSE, FOR REAL, HE HAS BEEN MY HUSBAND FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND WE ARENT SEPERATED, HE WAS ACTUALLY WITH ME WHEN THE CHASE STARTED, AND LETS CLEAR THIS UP RIGHT NOW HELL NO WE ARE NOT FROM TOPEKA WE ARE FROM WICHITA, AND BEFORE EVERYONE STARTS THINKING THAT I AGREE WITH HIM RUNNING I DONT BUT I DO AND WILL BE STANDING BY MY HUSBAND CAUSE THATS JUST WHAT YOU DO. IM SORRY IF YOU THINK THIS IS YOUR COUSIN, AND IF YOU DO THINK IT IS SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH MY HUSBANDS NAME AND THEN WE SHALL TALK. I WAS SIMPLY TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT BEFORE PEOPLE JUST START ASSUMING THINGS GET THE FACTS AND THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN ARE ME AND MY HUSBAND SINCE I WAS THERE AN I GOT OUT OF THE CAR BEFORE THE CHASE STARTED SO TAKE THAT AN RUN WITH IT. RUNNING FROM THE COPS IS NEVER RIGHT AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TURN YOURSELF IN, HOWEVER THIS SITUATION IS MORE IN DEPTH THAN WHAT ANYONE KNOWS. AND YES HE CALLS ME HIS WIFE HE HAS ALREADY CALLED ME FROM JAIL SO WE WERENT HEAR TO START OVER, I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THE CAT AN MOUSE I WAS SIMPLY TRYING TO LET THE PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN KNOW THAT JUST CAUSE ITS IN BLACK IN WHITE DOESNT MEAN THATS THE WHOLE TRUTH AND THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH IS THE PEOPLE INVOLVED. AND LIKE I SAID YOU MUST HAVE A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY CAUSE THIS IS NOT YOUR COUSIN, YOUR HOMEY, YOUR WHATEVER, HE IS HUMAN AND MADE SOME BAD CHOICES, AND LIKE I SAID IF YOU FEEL IT IS YOUR COUSIN PRIVATE ME AND TELL ME MY HUSBANDS NAME AND MINE. THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

ONE MORE TIME NO WE ARENT FROM TOPEKA OR KANSAS CITY, I THINK THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE OF INDENTITY AND THE WANNA BE WIFE IS REAL, AND I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING JUST TRYING TO GET THE STORY AND FACTS STRAIGHT FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW. THANK YOU

tonymontana 6 years, 1 month ago

Seriously? He ran over a squirrel? Crazy.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 1 month ago

This entire thread is hilarious. Keep it going!

OzChicklet 6 years, 1 month ago

sank4ever (Anonymous) says…

one more time no we arent from topeka or kansas city, i think this is a huge mistake of indentity and the wanna be wife is real, and i havent done anything just trying to get the story and facts straight for everyone who wants to know. thank you

So what's the story?

Flap Doodle 6 years, 1 month ago

Larry, Daryl & Daryl are in the house.

Bossa_Nova 6 years, 1 month ago

if it werent for sank4, 2fat and peace be with you, this would have been a really boring thread.

also i feel more better edumacated about this subject. you dont cant find out them kinda trueful details and all that from reading the news media. they dont never tell the hole story anyways.

Jonathan Becker 6 years, 1 month ago

If two cousins divorce, are they still related?

HermioneElliott 6 years, 1 month ago

sank4ever I will stand by you. There are a thousand cars that look just like the one in the picture. There is nothing even remotely unique about it. You should be praised for standing by your man. I hope both of you get it together and have a better life after this. My prayers are with both of you. I buy all of my clothes at Wal-Mart. I get my hair done there and I think I look good. But then I am not super fat. I am not going to have a heart attack and fall down dead at the Kmart because my heart turned to fat and couldn't beat any more. Super fat people look gross. Not a judgment. Just an observation.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

OK NOW HERES THE DEAL PEOPLE AND PEACE_WITH_U, I TOLD YOU THAT MY HUSBAND WASNT YOUR COUSIN HE DIDNT JUST GET REALEASED IN DECEMDER HE MAY HAVE BEEN DRIVING SOMEONE CAR THAT IS YOUR COUSIN CAUSE IT WASN'T OUR CAR HE WAS DRIVING. THERE WAS NO YELLING FROM MYSELF OR MY HUSBAND HE GOT INTO A BAD SITUATION AND THEN THE POLICE GOT INVOLVED THIS IS A FAMILY PROBLEM AND IT NEEDS TO BE HANDLE AS THAT. IM SORRY IF YOU THINK MY HUSBAND IS YOUR COUSIN BUT TRUST ME HE ISNT, HE KNOWS NOBODY DOWN HERE AND ALL EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW IS THAT RUNNING IS WRONG, HOWEVER HE IS STILL MY HUSBAND AND I WILL STAND BY HIM AND SUPPORT HIM THROUGH THIS AND ITS ALL OVER AND DONE WITH SO LET IT BE. IF ANYONE WANTS THE TRUE STORY ASK THE TWO PEOPLE INVOLVED WHICH WOULD BE MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND WHO HAS AND WAS ARREST AFTER THE CAR CHASE. I GUESS PEOPLE MAY THINK THIS IS FUNNY AND MY MAIN REASON FOR GETTING ON THIS WAS TO CLEAR UP MY HUSBANDS GOOD NAME AND TO MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE NOT TALK CRAP ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT. LIKE I SAID IT MAY HAVE VERY WELL BEEN SOMEONE'S COUSIN CAR THAT MY HUSBAND WAS DRIVING BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE FAMILY. AND YES THERE WAS SOME TALKING AND NEIGHBORS SAID SOMETHING BUT IT WAS NO SCREAMING AND YELLING I WAS IN THE CAR UP UNTIL THE CHASE TOOK PLACE. THANK YOU

Drew_Carey 6 years, 1 month ago

Someone wrote to say I need to hand down 500 pts to Did_I_say_that for best sentencing.

Drew_Carey 6 years, 1 month ago

BTW sank, when you yell, do you use capitals?

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

THANK YOU HERMIONE ELLIOTT FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND AGREEING WITH ME FOR STANDING BY MY MAN, I APPECIATE YOUR SUPPORT I WISH MORE PEOPLE WERE LIKE YOU. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CARS LIKE THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE'S CAR YOUR RIGHT, TRUST AND BELIEVE IT WASNT OUR CAR CAUSE I GOT OUR CAR AND ITS AN EXPLORER NOTHING LIKE THE CAR HE WAS IN. I WILL STAND BY MY MAN AND SUPPORT HIM, I JUST WISH EVERYONE ELSE WOULD LET IT BE. I WONT ALLOW ANYONE TO TALK CRAP ABOUT MY HUSBAND. THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

look this is getting stupid, check it out, there are no other women, just me, and the people claiming to know my husband is probably there car he was driving, i was in the car i know what happend. so these people wanna talk crap but what they do and what they are doing is far worse than wat my husband could ever do, and i wont air there dirty laundry but they know and GOD knows its wrong. an poor white trash, no thats the people claim to say they are my husbands cousin, well if thats the case where were you at xmas time cause you wasnt at my house and every cousin he has and family was there. anywho, just be grateful no one was hurt and that its over with, i realize this is drama for the town of lawrence but for real its not that serious. thank you certain people for your support during this time and to hell with the people that dont thats why we all have opinions.nobody knows my husband but me and our real family. thank you and god bless

Practicality 6 years, 1 month ago

Man,

It sounds like the cops just need to go to Hobbs park and wait for the criminals to come to them.

beatrice 6 years, 1 month ago

sav: "it wasn't our car he was driving"

Okay, might we be getting to the heart of this fleeing business?

By the looks of him, I blame contemporary country and western music.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I am very thankful no one got hurt. sank - I have no sympathy for you or your husband. I live on one of the streets he was speeding down. If it would have been a nice day there would of been many children playing outside, as there was no school today.!!! I'm sorry I don't think God was watching out for you I think he was watching out for our children!! I will pray he gets what he deserves. There is no reason, if you are from here or not, to endanger other people!! He put many people in danger by what he did, I really don't think there is anything you can say to justify what he did. You can stand by him all you want but don't justify it. What he did was not right. Say what you want about me I am thinking of the safety of my children and the children in our neighborhood!

spiff 6 years, 1 month ago

guys this is not funny. thats my dad, and i know what he did was wrong but, im going to stand in front of him, because that is what he taught me to do when the police are coming. all he wanted to do was run from the cops, so leave it alone. you dont know me.

oldcat 6 years, 1 month ago

This has got to be the funniest thread I've read. It's like all the defending posters are from Arkansas. Gives a good example of what is known as white trash.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi and TOB - you guys make me laugh.

Spiff - What really makes me mad those is what his son just said. Are you serious, " he justed wanted to run from the cops"!!!OMG!! He did this in my neighborhood. Nothing, I mean nothing, justifies running from the cops!! Obviously you have no children of your own and have no idea what if feels like to lose a child. The children on our block, and there are many of them, have every right to be able to play outside and "he just wanted to run from the cops", get a life!!! It's b/c of stupid people like your father that innocent people are killed. One of these it will happen to you and maybe you will open up your eyes and see this is wrong.

somebodynew 6 years, 1 month ago

OK, this is too good to stay out of. I hate to be serious, but sank4ever said "he got into a bad situation and then the police got involved this is a family problem and it needs to be handle as that."

Ignoring the typing and english skills - NO you are wrong. A warrant for Aggravated Escape from Custody and then putting inocent people's lives in danger while running is NOT a "family problem".

Ok you say you are from Wichita, so maybe I am wrong on that one.

Your "husband" is a thug (because I can't use the words I want to) and should not have been on the streets, and I am just happy no inocent people got harmed.

Hopefully, you will "stand by your man" when he goes back to jail/prison and you and your clan will move to wherever that is to "stand in front of him".

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

TOB - You would hope not! I wouldn't want my child on here posting something like that. You just never know look how they started fighting over being his husband, cousin, uncle,sister,aunt,fourth removed cousin by marriage....anyway you get it. haha!

I just don't want his family to think anything justifies running from the cops especially in a neighborhood!!

purplesage 6 years, 1 month ago

Having a lot of fun at someone's expense today, aren't we? This poor guy's day went south - maybe his whole life. He made a choice I can only imagine was based on some sort of depseration. The cops can't even tell us exactly why or what might have caused him to "run". I know someone who got caught in the middle of the whole fiasco. Tearing through town should be reserved for really serious stuff - like someone who has killed, raped, etc. They have his license, know where he lives. Now, he has a felony attempt to flee, I suspect, along with every imaginable traffic offense, a tow and storeage bill, ruined tires, and bail-bondsman fee. Yep, we ought to have a good time with that.

Just how many cops does LPD have on duty that 8 cars car get involved in this??? Another unjustified pursuit. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

OMG!! can you guys let it rest for real, dont you get tired of making fun of someone else, my props go out to purplesage thank you for for your support im his wife and your right no one knows why he was fleeing and what happend i was in the car before this all happened and everyone is making a joke out of this, until you know what you are talking about how about shutting your mouths and let us deal with this. all the jokes and the whole thing about movie crap is just really rude. can we say you have no life. just please for our kids sake let this go move onto something else. my husband had nothing to do with what happend in the park, so all this bull crap, PLEASE let it go move on to someone elses misery. everyone is safe and unharmed accept my husband and family. thank you

OldEnuf2BYurDad 6 years, 1 month ago

Sank is right: this is serious.

Here is your serious post: tell your husband that you are leaving him if he continues to break the law. Car chases are SERIOUSLY dangerous to others. He's not a good man. It doesn't surprise anyone that you love him, but we cannot understand why you aren't also enraged by him!!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Thank you OldEnuf! I think the movie stuff is funny and it makes me laugh! But just like I said in my first post, I live in the area that this happened. I watched this idiot, yes sank I said idiot, speed down my street. He put everyone in his path at risk b/c he wanted to run from the cops! I feel very sorry for you and your husband and I pray that God does the right thing. Your husband only hurt himself, he could of just as easily hurt an innocent person. It wasn't like I stepped out when the cops went by I saw your husband fly past my house and turn east onto the next street!!! There is actually a stop sign at the end of my street he ran it.I just wonder if he would of killed or hurt someone badly would you still be saying what he did was okay? It wasn't!!! When a cop tells you to stop you are supposed to stop, I learned that in drivers ed. So for me to heck with the movie crap and just thank God he didn't hurt anyone else and please don't justify it!!!!!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

All the while I've been reading this I've been wondering why this woman would call herself skank4ever. Finally realized, my error. (or not.............)

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

hold up OldEnif2BYurDad, i never have said i think what he did was right, i dont agree with him running from the cops, but there is way more to the story than anyone knows my husband is a good man an father people make bad choices sometimes that dont mean you give up and abandon then when things get rough thats what a marriage is you work it out in good and bad. im just not going to allow everyone to condem my husband for what he did and say things they know nothing about, im not leaving my husband and i will be standing by him and getting him and our family through this, so like i said please lay off as our family is dealing with alot and just let it go. thank you

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

actually its NOT SANK, it's my and his intials put together and for thelast damn time IM NOT AGREEING WITH WHAT HE DID, I KNOWIT COULD HAVE BEEN ALOT WORSE AND YES MY COMMENTS WOULD BE THE SAME IF IT TURNED OUT DIFFERENT. DONT YOU DARE SPEAK BAD ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT, GOD FORGIVES ALL AND I KNOW HE HAS FORGIVEN MY HUSBAND AND ITS NICE THAT YOU ALL WOULD TALK TRASH ABOUT PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW WHEN THIS WHOLE THINGS WAS GOING ON I PUT MYSELF IN THE STREET TO TRY AND STOP HIM SO DONT YOU DARE TALK CRAP. SO I GUESS YOU MUST ALLOW YOUR FAMILIES TO TALK TRASH ABOUT PEOPLE BEFORE KNOWING WHAT REALLY HAS HAPPEND. SO ONCE AGAIN PLEASE STOP WITH THE TRASH TALK AND MOVE ONTO SOMETHING ELSE, LEAVE US AND OUR FAMILY ALONE AND PRAY TO GOD TO FORGIVE YOU FOR BEING SO JUDGEMENTAL AND SELFISH. I DONT GIVE UP ON SOMEONE I LOVE BECAUSE THEY MAD A BAD CHOICE, I LOVE MY HUSBAND AND I WILL PROTECT HIM AND HELP HIM ALL THE WAY. THANK YOU

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

At least you found each other so there aren't two couples out there as messed up as you.

If my spouse were in trouble with the law I would be spending my time trying to help her instead of posting in his defense where it only makes you look the fool.

..........But what would I know about love, you seem to be the expert...........

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

sank - I can tell you that none of my family is posting on here and I can also say if I did something this stupid they would not be on here defending me!!! All I did was call him an idiot for the choice he made. I think it was stupid and I would not try to justify it or be on some comment section of a local newspaper trying to defend it. You have no idea what has gone on in my life to say I have no right to be angry. I at no point said you should divorce your husband or leave him. I haven't claimed to know any of you but you insist on making me out to be some bad person. Why? Because I care about my children and the children who live on my street. I am in no way judgemental or selfish, I'm telling you how it is!!!! Afraid of the truth? You have no idea how you would feel if he had killed someone so I don't think you can say you would feel the same way.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the info, commentator:) Hmmm!! SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!

somebodynew 6 years, 1 month ago

OH yeah -sank - care to provide all the loving and family values involved in Agg. Escape from Custody. I see you ignored my earlier post. Not to mention putting inocent people at risk by running. Yeah, "stand by your man", just do us a favor and go back to Wichita to do it - we have enough of our own **, we don't need anymore.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Well now, THAT explains why she stands up for him!

Anybody else smell parole violation?

Guess stank4ever will need a supplier

Nikki May 6 years, 1 month ago

Interesting how the "cousins" said he was released in December and the "wife" said no. THEN, the KDoC says released in December.
Anyway, I'm with Dancemomma, my kids were inside luckily. We heard tires squealing and engines and sirens. I look out the window and see another car swerve out of the way and they had to pull into our driveway. There are skid marks right in front of our house. There are tons of kids on our street that are all careful, but if there was something like this, they can't run faster than an out of control car. Also, where did you get this car that may be someone's cousin's if you have no relations or anything here? People don't just hand over their cars.

So, what's the real story?

fatheadff 6 years, 1 month ago

Ok i hated to bring this up but Lawrence PD does have a no chase policy. So he must have done something very wrong for them to chase this person from in the city to out in the county then back into the city again. He did put alot of people's lives in danger. He is a lowlife and should be punished to the fullest. And from his chase route you can tell he is not from around here.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I think we ran sank off. She now can't answer anyones questions, but was so sure to defend when we all told to leave her husband. Not.(sarcasm) I'm sure we will never know the whole story and people like this don't care about others. That's probably one of the things I love best about sanks post. She was very quick to call us judgmental and selfish. I would believe all her husband was thinking about was.....himself!! I again am very,very, very thankful that there were no kids out playing!! Please go on back to Wichita and take your family with you.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

HELL NO YOU DIDNT RUN ME OFF AS FOR COMENTATOR AND DANCEMOM HERES WHAT I THINK OF YOU TWO YOU NEED TO PRAY TO GOD ASK HIM TO FORGIVE YOU FOR BEING SO SELFISH AN JUDGEMENTAL. AS FOR THE KASPER INFO ABOUT MY HUSBAND READ IT YOU STUPID PEOPLE IT SAYS DISCHARGED BIG DIFFERENT THAN RELEASED, AND I REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT OUR FAMILY ISSUE ON THIS STUPID WEBSITE BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE DONT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN GOSSIP ABOUT OTHERS PEOPLES PROBLEMS, SO IS THIS THE MORAL AND VALUES YOU TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO ASSUME THINGS BEFORE KNOWING THE FACTS WOW THATS GREAT PARENTING. I WISH YOU WOULD ALL JUST LET THIS GO AS ITS OVER WITH HE IS IN CUSTODY AND NOBODY IS HURT, I UNDERSTAND THIS IS HUGE BREAKING NEWS FOR THE LAWRENCE AREA, HOWEVER US WICHITA PEOPLE SEE THIS CRAP EVERYDAY. SINCE EVERYONE THINKS THEY KNOW IT ALL, THEY DONT KNOW CRAP. I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO LIFES BECAUSE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A SMALL CHASE WITH SOMEONE THAT ISNT EVEN FROM HERE THEN YOU GO TO THE JAIL SITE AND WANT TO POST MY HUSBANDS INFO TRY HAVING SOME RESPECT FOR OUR KIDS AND QUIT TALKING THIS BULL. HERES SOME BREAKING NEWS HUGE DRUG BUST ON 25TH TERRACE, READ ON IT AN COMMENT SINC EYOU ARE AL HYPED UP ABOUT A CAR CHASE OR DO YOU PEOPLE SAY DRUGS ARE OK!!!! JUST LEAVE US ALONE, GET OVER IT AND THATS REAL YOU KNOW WHAT, HE AINT A THREAT TO ANYONE HERE SO GOSSIP ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE

WhiteDog 6 years, 1 month ago

Oh my, I think this is my favorite thread ever.

Now we're being lectured about teaching morals and values, great parenting, and having respect for kids.

Yes, I have so much to learn from you and your partner, sank. Thanks so much for educating me.

HermioneElliott 6 years, 1 month ago

The man was only going 40, no one got killed. This is being blown out of all proportion. Perhaps if ones family is involved in an accident with the law, it would be best for them not to read the posts. People are getting a lot of laughs out of what is happening to this family. But, it is very real and grievous to them. Poor white trash? I would hope that I would stand by one of my family if they did something like this, and they by me. Love forgives. Love understands. sank4ever I hope that somehow this works out and he finds a way to turn his life around. He will need you to stand by him. These posters do not see you or him or your family as worthy of respect and consideration. From one "po white trash woman" to another. Dust off my shoulder.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

skank4ever: Since you're telling all of us what to do, I'm going to give some advice. Take an English class!

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

HATS OFF TO HERMIONE ELLIOTT, THANK YOU FOR THAT COMMENT NOW IF EVERYONE ELSE WOULD SEE THAT I APPECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR RIGHT THIS IS VERY REAL AND THIS ISNT FAKE THIS IS A REAL FAMILY WITH KIDS AND I WOULD THINK YOU ALL WOULD JUST LET IT GO FOR REAL. AS FOR THE LADY ABOUT PARENTING CHECK THIS OUT I CANT SAY WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY BECAUSE THIS WONT LET ME BUT HOW ABOUT YOU TAKE YOUR RUDE FUNKY BUTT NOT THE WORD I WANT TO USE AND GO TO YOU KNOW WHERE. THIS IS A FAMILY ISSUE AND YOUR RIGHT I DONT NEED YOUR RESPECT OR PRIVACY BUT IF YOU ALL ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS IN THE AREA CAUSE OF THE CHASE THEN WORRY ABOUT MY KIDS WHO HAVE TO READ THE CRAP YOUR TALKING ABOUT THERE DAD, NONE OF YOU YOU NEED TO RESPECT ME BUT YOU DAMN WELL SHOULD RESPECT MY FAMILY. AN HERMANE ELLIOTT, THANK YOU MY FAMILY WILL GET THROUGH THIS CAUSE I WILL REAMIN BY MY HUSBANDS SIDE HE AINT NO DAMN THUG FOR EVERYONES INFO WE HAVE OUR OWN COMPANY IN WICHITA AND PEOPLE JUST MAKE A BAD CHOICE EVERY NOW AND THEN THAT DOESNT MAKE THEN A THUG AND SO WHAT IF HE IS A THUG MY HANDS OUT TO ALL THE THUGS IN THE WORLD THAT HAVE WHAT MY HUSBAND HAS A WIFE, FAMILY, OWN BUSNIESS TWO CARS, WOW WHAT A THUG!! SO JUST LIKE HERMANE ELLIOTT SAID " DUST OFF MY SHOULDER"

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

If that was one of your two cars in the ljw picture yesterday, I wouldn't be bragging about it. As for your business, who's running it while your husband is incarcerated? I know. Maybe it's a bail bonds business, and he got locked up on purpouse to get a client base.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

woodenfleater HOW ABOUT YOU DO US A FAVOR AS WELL, I HAVENT BEEN TELLING EVERYONE WHAT TO DO UNTIL YOU PEOPLE WANNA TALK CRAP ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNO WNOTHING ABOUT CAUSE IT MAKES THE FREAK N NEWS, I SIMPLY ASKED EVERYONE TO SHUT UP AND MOVE ON ITS OVER WITH AND DONE AND FOR THE RECORD ITS NOT SANK, IS THE FIRST LETTER OF HIS NAME WITH AN THEN THE FIRST LETTER OF MY NAME. YOU GUYS DONT SEEM TO CARE THAT OUR KIDS ARE READING THIS STUFF AND NOW BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO RUN THERE MOUTH OUR FAMILY AND CHILDREN ARE BEING HARRASSED, JUST STOP IT. IM ABOUT TO CONTACT LJ WORLD MYSELF AND EITHER HAVE THEM INTERVIEW ME OR TAKE THIS OFF HERE CAUSE OF THE HARRASSMENT. JUST PLEASE STOP.

oldcat 6 years, 1 month ago

This is not and was not a family issue. He ran from the cops, endangered others, that makes it a public issue. Fortunately he did not kill anyone. If he had, I assume you would be on here posting how it was all Cops fault for chasing the poor guy. This is the attitude one expects out of Wichita trash.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

skank4ever: If you do get an interview, please make them tape it. After seeing your grammatical skills, I would love to hear your lingual skills.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

(golf clap....golf clap) BRAVO!! BRAVO sank!!!!

OzChicklet 6 years, 1 month ago

Sank - So why was he running from the cops?

HermioneElliott 6 years, 1 month ago

I cannot believe you people. What is all this talk about others being trash? Why don't we come up with a list of those who deserve to be called trash? Southern garbage? Prejudice. Sheer prejudice.

misseve 6 years, 1 month ago

122 posts later.... 1 box of klenex later... 1 hell of a laugh later...

He is DAMN lucky it was cold and there were not children outside that could have been injured or killed. I have to commend his "wife" or whatever she is for "standing by her man" but sometimes you just have to pack your bags and move the heck on. But you need not get mad at Us the forum posters for saying what is on our minds for idiotic statements, actions, or whatever. We are going to do it and continue to do it regardless. The "cousins" Ugh! What more can I say... The Lifetime movie comments??? still laughing.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

first off no it wasnt one of our cars, and it was someone elses car, im running the business cause thats what i do. as for the funky idiots that now want to bring my parents into in you are going to far for real, i have already contact the journal world about this and they will be taken this off for all of this, its ok to comment and say what you think but when it start being the way it is out of control, an we are no where from kansas and neither is my husband, and yes im for real im the wife and trust me as soon as we can i will be out of this town cause you people are cold heartless people that dont care about nothing but yourself and all we are asking is to stop with the harshness and just thinking you know whats going on. once agian my hats off to hermione elliott thanks for your support, i appeciate it. why my husband ran and what ishappening is no ones business yes he ran NO i dont agree with it however he is my husband and he made a poor choice, nobody is perfect maybe you should read your bible, GOD forgives everyone and i pray for all you selfish people you have my children being harrassed because of this when is enough enough please, now i have better things to do than be harrassed by people that are so small they just want to listen to what they want, the reasons behind all of this is NO ones business, all im going to say is that he mad a bad choice a couple months back and now we shall face it together and get through this. leave my husband alone please. this story is truly not that important do you people seriously not have a life. please stop.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

I think it's their kid trying to act like the wife. Do you seriously think an adult would have such horrible typing and grammar skills?

Dayle Hodges 6 years, 1 month ago

OMG!! This thread kept me entertained for several minutes. However, chases are never a good idea, and it really is fortunate that it was cold since school was out and children could have indeed been outside. I have no idea who this guy is or what his original crime was. The Journal World really ought to print more detalis. I don't know what to say about all that has been posted, but I think the comments and the way they are worded speak for themselves.....Glad no one was hurt.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I can only laugh! I would like to thank miss eve. My point exactly. I don't think in any way I am being selfish or judgmental. I am stating it the way it is. I pray to God everyday, thank sank. I called him an idiot b/c of the choices he made. So what you are telling me is that if this happens so often in Wichita that you know how I feel. You don't!!!! I don't claim to know you but I tell you what anytime something puts my children in danger, I'm going to tell you how I feel. Don't like my opinion, tough!!! On our street alone there are more than 20 kids of all ages. Most of these kids play basketball, ride their bikes, play kickball, cross the street to go to a friends house outside!! Kids can in no way tell how fast a car is coming down the street and could of been trying to cross while your so called husband was speeding away from the cops. That's the problem I have. I've had to bury a child before and I really don't want to have to do it again b/c of someone just wanting to run from the cops! Do I care what you think of me or this town....nope!! So take your happy self and your husband back to Wichita!!!

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

Look guys i dont really care about your opnions but when they start to be harsh and rude than yes i will take offense to it cause for one that is my husband when ever everyone is through and two im trying desperately to keep my children off of this so they cant see the things being said. Look i know the area very well where the chase started at and i have a pretty good ideal who dance mom is , however, rest assure that his actions were wrong and YES it could have been alot worse, but it wasnt, all is safe an regardless of what you think about my husband, he never know matter what he was doing would have hurt any children he would have wreck hurting himself first, like i keep saying there is way more to this story than the news is saying yes he had a warrant from wichita, thats what you all need to know now he has been arrested and we will be going back to wichita, and this shall becaome old news i hope, but in the mean time make your comments, but just make sure you realize that a child may be reading this and no one wants to see things written about there mom or dad that is bad. I know the area where the chase started i grew up in the area i am fully aware of the children in the area along with the school right up the street. just be grateful and thank GOD no one was hurt. I have come to learn that comments are just comments just like opinions are just that, but when you start smashing someone you love i would think that you would defend that person to the fullest regardless of there action, and if you dont then you dont truly love and respect that person. thank you and may GOD bless all of you. And for woodenwhat ever dude, NO this is NO child and i think my spelling is fine, just not up to some like your standards, which is ok for me cause i dont care.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

You have no idea who I am. If you think you know me private me and tell me who I am b/c I'm very curious who you think I am. Your husband would have no control who he hurt if he lost control of his car or tried to swerve!! That's funny. Why should I show respect for someone who, at the tiime had no respect for my family and friends!! I said nothing about your children and if they are old enough to read this on their own than they have every right. I take back nothing I have said and stand by all of it. I think he made some very idiotic choices. I don't care what this has do to with, I have enough things going on in my life I don't want to know about yours.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Rank4ever, Keep them coming! As long as you're here we are! Haven't laughed at such ranting in a long time! You really should contact Dr. Phil or Oprah to get some air time for this! No, wait ! JERRY SPRINGER !!! You got to call him! This could get you some bail money to get "sweet lovey" out! This is Springer material if I ever saw it! Maybe a cousin could come on with you so you could fight over him and rip each others clothes! Keep us informed, we wouldn't want to miss it.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

Roe, great idea....I love the continuing rants. Bail for criminal : 25,000.00 Car repairs: 850.00 Phone call from jail: 7.25 Rants from sank4ever: Priceless

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

sank - Hello!!! Are you there? You still haven't told me who I am and it makes me very curious.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello?......skank4ever?.......... This is Lawrence, Kansas.... Hello? ........ Is anybody out there?.............

WhiteDog 6 years, 1 month ago

Hmmm, which is worse...

1) Having a parent who is (it appears, repeatedly) arrested for doing something incredibly stupid and dangerous; or

2) reading some comments on a news site which point out that he did something incredibly stupid and dangerous.

I know which one I'd pick.

sank4ever 6 years, 1 month ago

look this is done and i spoke with the journal world an they are watching the site and removing anything thats i ask them too, regardless of the true e hollywood story you idoits seem to think this is its truly no ones business, you can form our own opinions and how dare any of you talk crap about how we deal with our kids and this situation. you guys can make jokes and comments, but in reality its you all that have the problems. last a certainly not least i repeat, I STAND BY MY HUSBAND I WILL BE THERE FOR HIM AND YOU GUYS MAY THINK HES A THUG WELL THINK THAT HE IS MY THUG AND HATS OFF TO ALL MY THUGS OUT THERE, I SUPPORT YOU ALL TOO!! MY HUSBAND MY LIFE OUR BUSINESS!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS AN HAVE YOURSELF A GREAT AN BLESSED DAY. I SHALL PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU!! NOW I HAVE CHILDREN TO ATTEND TO AN A HUSBAND TO DEAL WITH. I THINK MY HUSBAND IS COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED IN EVERYTHING AND SUPPORT IT ALL.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Did - how did you guess? (sarcasm) I am not Debbie. I just think it's quite interesting that she says she knows who I am when I have no idea who she or her husband or children are. I'm just stating how idiotic I think his choices were and I then get told I'm selfish and judgemental. HA! I have lived in Lawrence all my life and can promise you would never hang around people who would run from the cops!! Obviously she doesn't know me b/c she still has not private emailed me to let me know. I was just curious. I think this is all very silly and I just don't see how someone can justify running from the police. It's the law..you are supposed to stop when they tell you to!! JW if i have said something wrong or offensive please let me know b/c again I was just stating how I felt.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm sure he is a good provider, Illegal narcotics pay well until the law catches up with you. I guess you would know all about that, though.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Sorry that should say I would never hang around people who run from the cops. haha!

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

sank4ever: i think my husband is completely justified in everything and support it all.

After that post, I come to one conclusion: You, my dear, need to get your head screwed on straight. You support your husband putting the people and children of Lawrence's lives in danger by trying to outrun the cops? Giving props to all the "thugs out there"? Yet you talk about God? I think you are the one that needs to do some soul searching.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Sorry that should say I would never hang around people who run from the cops. I figured I better catch that before the grammar police did. haha!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Wooden - And even funnier is she at first didn't agree with him running but now justifies it, please!!!

I still don't know who I am. Please help o smart people of the JW comments!!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Does that mean we get some kind of prize? lol:)

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm with TOB. I think sank4ever is an imposter. I would like her to give us proof she is really this guys wife. Like put something, a secret, on here only they would know. That would prove to everyone that she is really this cats wife.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Okay just got my private email and I should of bet everything on it b/c this person has no idea who I am. Go figure!!!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Does that mean she has no idea who she is?..............

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

How about some snickerdoodle cookies instead,TOB?

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Autie - I pretty sure I know who I am, I was just responding to one of sanks posts. Whoever that person is began calling names and had no idea who I was. I do know who she is talking about b/c I did go to school with the person she named. But believe me I never ran in that circle! Not saying they were bad just saying wasn't my circle of friends.

Dayle Hodges 6 years, 1 month ago

How could it truly be no-ones business when the lives of so many were endagered by the careless and selfish act of this person?

all4one 6 years, 1 month ago

hey you all out there, i just happened to click on this and read it and WOW this is crazy!! i understand what people are saying to a point and i understand the wife wanting to defend her husband. what i can't figure out is why this keeps going on. post your comments but do they have to be the way they are. and how about trying for a moment to put yourself in this womens shoes, she is only asking that the comments remain on the subject at hand and then people are commenting on things that dont even pertain to the whole event. im not one to judge cause i dont want to be judged, but what he did was wrong an thank the good lord they got him stopped. this family doesnt in anyway owes us anything and need to explain the situation to the world, this is a private affair with her husband and family. the only thing thats public is the chase, is it really that interesting? i think not, i feel really sorry for this wife trying to deal with this and people talking bad about her loved one. i can only pray for this wife and hope GOD will help her and that all this will go away and people find something else to talk about, like the person that got killed today, nobodys bloged that site.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I loved Amigos!! I so miss it! Now how did this switch to comments about mexican food??

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

2fat - lol!! I loved their nachoes. They were awesome. Okay, I guess if we must get back on subject go right ahead. I think I have pretty much said what I need to and everyone knows how I feel. And everyone should be happy I figured out who I was.....well!!!haha

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Everyone should know I sent a private back to sank telling her she didn't know me and pretty much everything I have said above. And boy did I get a rude email back. I'm shaking in my dance shoes x2, haha.

Again, sank....oh wait should I explain how some of the posters on here shorten your screen name instead of putting the whole name up....back to what I was going to say, I have no sympathy for your husband. You also do not know the circumstances of the death of our child so stuff it!!! I at no time called you a name or said this had to do with your children, you did. You can't make me feel bad and I take back nothing I said. So how do you like them apples?? haha!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Well and I know for me I didn't use big words and codes. I also didn't start getting upset until sank came in talking about he just wanted to run from the cops and that this was not any of our business. I haven't said anything about anyones spelling or punctuation. I know I make mistakes. But now I'm getting emails from sank b/c she thought she knew me, I told her she didn't and again stated why I was upset. She then sent me a message back telling me what I and everyone else here can do. I sorry about your friend and the stuff he left in the couch, I hope he gets it back. This happened in my neighborhood, on my street, I saw the him speed by my home with cop cars in pursuit. So tell me how it doesn't affect me, sank??

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

This thread is going to end up better than Bigtwink and the kid that ran into the light pole.

trinity 6 years, 1 month ago

i'd give a klondike bar to whoever would return something i forgot to get out of a piece of furniture i gave away..

spiff 6 years, 1 month ago

Clearly, mine was anything but a last minute entry. In a thread like this, we ALL win. =)

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Did_I - Nope, not even close. Haha!

I think this is all funny and I'll just wait to be contacted by the public defender. I think I'll probably save those emails she sent me. I think she/he/it still believes her husband did nothing wrong b/c this happens all the time in Wichita. I'll be sure to ask my relatives and friends who have lived there all their lives, or most of it, if they have that many car chases there.

Practicality 6 years, 1 month ago

autie (Anonymous) says…

"I say, free kinoki foot pads for prospector! He needs to be purged of toxins."

I don't think there are enough foot pads in the world for that task autie.

Whadddya know prospector, did you stir up this mess of a thread?

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

skank4life, 2stiff2bump, 2fat4britches, fall4none..........

Anybody else see a pattern here?

Ahhh...... it's the cousins, here to protect stank and her virtuous "Knight in wrinkled Escort!"

Pass me one of those kinoki foot pads, I need to wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes.............

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Haven't seen the posts go up this fast since Palin.........

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

2stuffedtojump (Anonymous) says… "This is my first experience with this paper and it is quick to see that is the problem. Not trying to help but to jest. Maybe if something bad happened to you like being arrested or have your family arrested, you might talk different"

Getting arrested is not something bad that happens to you, it's something that happens to you for being bad.............

beatrice 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm sticking to my guns, because only one thing would make someone pretend to be the wife of a Ford-Escort driving two-bit fleeing suspect -- contemporary country and western music.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

bea, good to see you have a sense of humor, when not talking politics!

or

maybe

she

is

serious....................

;-)

chrisofspokane 6 years, 1 month ago

sank4ever are you freaking serious!!!!!!!!!

How in the world could you sit there and try to defend him after all of the crap you have done to him!! All of this is your fault to begin with!! And don't try to tell me I don't know what I am talking about because unlike these other people I AM his cousin. Do you really think I will let you get on here and play the innocent little wife come on we both know that is bullsh**. Did you honestly think that I would not find this! YOU have caused all of this to happen, YOU told him you were going to drop all this knowing you were just setting him up for the cops to get him. You know he didn't assault you. You say he did all this stuff when it is nothing but lies and I have the text messeges to prove it. If you think I am anywhere close to being done with you and this situation your wrong!!! I am coming to Kansas and bringing all the info I have and will definately see you in court. If you haven't had played your little games he would be here right now getting his life straight here with me...WITHOUT YOU!!! So don't you dare get on here and try to defend him NOT AFTER WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!!!!!!! Thats all I will say about that!!!!

sank4ever.....set, point and match by way of chris

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

R_I , Did you steal a Ford Escort for your get-a-way car?

Hanging offense........

;-)

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

All I can say is wow! And now what sank? I received another message from this lovely lady and boy did she rip me a new....not. She said she is done messing with us in so many words. I guess I could just post all of what she said b/c I'm not sure if she is just talking about me needing help, that I'm a crazy mother and that I should practice what I preach. Haha! Pretty funny stuff. She says something about knowing whats down here...I'm not really sure what she means, I'm crazy:) Very sad stuff!!

somebodynew 6 years, 1 month ago

And now we have another "cousin" chrisofspokane.

Just when is Larry, Darrel, and Darrel showing up?? This is getting good.

Jonathan Becker 6 years, 1 month ago

With the addition of chrisofspokane to this little drama, who is going to play her on Lifetime? Can we give Sara Gilbert two roles?

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

and, the Guiding Light just went off the air, just in time for this?

okay Skank4ever, agrivated escape is a public matter.

driving like a maniac through four different neighborhoods, that's pretty darned public matters.

I can appreciate you sticking with him, "stand by your man" but please be honest, what he did was wrong, dangerous and potentially deadly. and all this over something in a d----d couch or whatever?

also, Skanky, having Hermione, formerly known as Cleo, does not help your cause on here at all. all of what Multi said about Cleo is true, and truly Hermione/cleo is about half outa the bag.

Rip Torn: yeah, he'd play the jaded watch commander who skillfully brings the chase to a close with his one car and his grit.

then, he walks up to the Wichita trash escapee and says "boy ... if you're gonna lead my officers in a pursuit through my town, ... get a real car!" slapping him, he turns away spitting.

chrisofspokane 6 years, 1 month ago

All of you think this is a "clan" of rednecks or "white trash" but let me make something clear. This is a simple case of making a mistake, many of them if you will, that led to the incident we are talking about now. This family is far from rednecks or white trash. We are a family that has had many problems, just like everyone else, Who are trying to resolve our issues. I do appologize to the people who were in the areas he had his car chase at and hope they will forgive this disturbance brought to their homes. He is really a good guy who just happened to make a mistake. Can any of you say you haven't ever made a mistake? Now would you want to be sterotyped and drug through the mud, by people you don't even know mind you, because of that mistake? Now if you have a big problem with what was done or bad mouth someone you don't know them by all means e-mail me. Otherwise lets drop the attacks against a man who isn't even able to defend himself? Or you can e-mail me and we will deal with it.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

Chrisof spokane, I have to argue with your choice of words.

he did not make a mistake. agrivated escape is not a mere "escape" one does like dropping the phone while talking into it.

driving like that was a potentially deadly choice, and he kept on making that bad choice for a long time, running from the police and further endangering lives. whatever triggered his flight, he was acting like his own little needs were more important than the lives he threatened.

that's not a mistake. that's not just a bad choice.

that describes a whole series of law breaking, and endangerment.

as to stereotyping. Skank4ever's barely literate posts do a lot without a word from us.

she's worried about their kids seeing others' posts?

I'd worry more about the kids seeing their own mother's rantings.

finally Chrisofspokane, we don't appreciate it when anybody acts like this in our community.

consider this thread of comments as if your "cousin" was put in the public stocks" and jeered at by passersby as in a few hundred years ago. he's facing far worse and I sincerely hope our floppy weak-kneed DA doesn't plea bargain this one, but instead charges your "cousin" to the hilt.

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

chrisofspokane (Anonymous) says… "Or you can e-mail me and we will deal with it."

Did crudofspokane just call out the gnome? No, he clearly states "All of you". So, crudofspokane, are you going to take us on one at a time, or as a group? Before or after you take care of "cousin" skank4ever? WOW! Jerry Springer here we come! Just as "Octo-mom" is running out of steam, "Skankamania" begins!

And gnome. Great comparison! Public stocks, as in the "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" public stocks? Very fitting.....

Now for the movie............ This sounds so "Little Miss Sunshine" 20 years later..........

"Miss Sunshine....Still No Clue. The Sequel"

(with Don Knotts resurrected as CrudofSpokane) Soon to be seen on Lifetime Network

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

It just keeps going, like the little pink bunny! This is crazy.

I believe I called the guy an idiot and said what he did was stupid. At no point did I call anyone white trash, po white trash, etc. I sometimes could probably fit into that category. I won't even print the emails I got from sank, which called me a crazy mother for one. Why? Well let me retell, I heard the sirens so I stepped out on my front porch to see if they were on my street and to my surprise somebody come barreling down the road with cop cars behind him. There is actually a stop sign at the end of my street(as with all the streets in our hood). Did he stop? NO!

You can apologize all you want chris but I at no point feel I stated anything that wasn't true! Check my posts and private email me if you find a problem with them. I have kids as do my neighbors and friends around us. Kids were out of school monday and if it would of been nicer there would of been 20 or more kids playing on our street alone. I"ll I'm asking is for you not to say it's okay and that's all sank kept saying.

Anyway I'm done, off the soap box. Hopefully everything works out for you and your family but don't get upset at the posters here b/c the people involved brought it on themselves.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

2fat: From what I've read, it looks like 40mph is the max speed for this beautiful vehicle. Just thought you may want to know that before your purchase. Good Luck!!!!

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

blue...maybe that's their other car. Remember? They own their own business and have two cars. The escort and the van.

Maxwell Butterfield 6 years, 1 month ago

Now we just have to wait for skank4ever to wake up from her shoddy motel room so this thread can get interesting again. Or maybe she was arrested as an accessory to the chase! (Or being drunk in public...) But that's rumour mongering, and that's very wrong.

Practicality 6 years, 1 month ago

Didn't she get arrested yesterday for attacking a garage door with an ake?

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Mandatory Drug Screening For Posters Who Don't Capitalize!

Practicality 6 years, 1 month ago

lol,

Now I am spelling like Sank, we must have went to the same school.

elfth 6 years, 1 month ago

Mistakes? From the comments made by all the "cousins", sounds like some aunts and uncles made some "mistakes" a few years back

Dayle Hodges 6 years, 1 month ago

It appears that several comments have vanished since yesterday evening when I last looked at this thread. Including mine where I simply asked how a chase of this kind could be "no-ones business"..........

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

(whistling, twiddling thumbs, wondering where all the posters have gone, including sank and spokane)

papaya 6 years, 1 month ago

Well crumb. Is the thread dead? I was hoping it would last a week. Good stuff. Excellent performances by all!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Maybe skank4ever or her many cousins will return and breathe new life into it later..........

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

What's even funnier is I'm getting private emails from them or people who know them trying to tell me things. Nothing better to do....oh wait they said that about me. haha!

koolkim 6 years, 1 month ago

Where should I begin HMM, Well I am not a cousin lol but I am related to him by marriage. I know he made very bad decisions on April 6th that are unexcusable and I am very glad no one got hurt. There are alot of problems that led up to this day and I am glad he is in custody so he can get the help he needs. Ronnie and I had even tried to block him at one point during the chase but he didn't stop and almost hit us. This is when I knew he really needed help! As far as putting down Sank well she is very distraught over this ordeal because she loves him very much and she just wants to help him. I apologize for the harsh words my sister has said to some she is just really upset. But all is well in Lawrence and the drama has moved on to Wichita so the streets are safe again or are they? lol

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

this never would have happened if sank would have been faithful to her husband.

cuzin69 6 years, 1 month ago

I agree with koolkim April the 6th was a crazy day!!!!! I am thankful no one got hurt also. The plan was to get him help and that was what was done. We never thought a police chase thru Lawrence was going to take place .

cuzin69 6 years, 1 month ago

Bob dont stick it in too far you wont see the next chase!!!

koolkim 6 years, 1 month ago

Oh hell no I am no Jennifer Love Hewitt more like DOGS wife from bounty hunter LOL . I tried to take his ass down lol!!!!

cuzin69 6 years, 1 month ago

Yea koolkim if you were Beth (Dog's wife) then I was Leland Dog's son lol. All in All he was caught.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

2stuffed....come again? That made no sense other than the point that you're trying to prove....that you're a Christian. You being a Christian really has nothing to do with this.

somebodynew 6 years, 1 month ago

TOB -- Wait, if you do that you might be one_eye_wilbur (?), but we already have him. I suppose you could become his cuz, OEB. One_Eye_Bob ??

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

I cannot believe I have not heard about this. I am crying while laughing at my desk!

But wait - on a more serious note, I have cousins in Wichita. i think I am related too, TOB! i used to drive an Escort. and I just quit using my shift key. oh no! I think this dude is my cousin too. does that mean we're related. are you all ho I think you are? are you my relative I saw at Wal-Mart yesterday trying on the dresses? my cousin robin?

This has been the most entertainment I've had in a long time on these threads. They HAVE to be all fake, and hats off to the writers. You are beyond belief!

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

and the hits just keep on a'comin'!

thanks Roedapple. yes, I think with the number of genetically impaired [through inbreeding] relatives popping up, this is waaaaay beyond a lifetime movie now!

at least a six-hour miniseries!

I can't believe none of you have mentioned Joe Don Baker. he could be the strong brother of the maniac who tries through sheer force of will and chewing tobacco to hold the family together!

nobody's guessed as to the family business: obviously it is fishin' worms!

"Wichita's finest for your fishin' pleasure! its Steve Bob's angler tangles! special on the big ones on fridays!"

TOB, you asked the eternal question, "why." why do these people do this on the threads:

its the same attitude that led him to flee for something in the couch!

stupid is as stupid does. and, life is like a box of chocolates, you know!

only here, its like we have three of the Mr. S****'s.

rotflmaolmaolmao

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

2stuffed, if you were a real Christian, you'd realize what your "cousin" did was evil, dangerous, self-centered and potentially deadly.

go read Romans 13 about government enforcing laws.

and jesus said we will "know them by their fruits." well your cuz' ain't got good fruit in his life: ag escape, from a drug charge or something; fighting in the street; fleeing; refusal to stop when the authorities told him to.

Gootsie, you better be careful now at the family "white elephant christmas gift exchange" down in wichita, double check them gifts.

LJWorld, I am disappointed at how many posts have been pulled. judging by Sank4ever's posts, she ain't the brightest bulb. she and her beloved hubby came from out of our community. I hope you will review your policy regarding this thread because she brought a lot of this on herself.

in our movie, I wish our DA would resemble Sam Waterston, but I think he would be played by Jim Baccus (sp?).

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

Who all had comments pulled? I have to say, this is comedy!

I'm seeing the newly-resurfaced guy from the Wrestler as the driver - Mickey Rourke? And I must have Gary Sinese as the police officer. The wife can be Debra Winger (with botox) and the neighbors can be the Jeffersons.

Funny funny stuff!

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

Yep MD. You can send it to my home email.

Tamaralaug 6 years, 1 month ago

I usually dont post on here but I do have to say this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. The story itself is not funny - running from the cops never is. But all of the comments have made me laugh so hard. Thanks to all of you for the entertainment.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I will agree about it being funny! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time:)

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but trust me I don't think I would be writing any of the things that sank did. You would get a kick out of the private messages I have recv'd over the past day. I realize we don't know the situation but when the family members come on here saying we are selfish and judgemental, or we are making fun and should stop all this hateful stuff. Maybe you shouldn't be posting or reading the comments if you don't want to hear it. I still got called many names and the only thing I called the guy was an idiot.

gnome - thank you!! That's exactly what I was trying to explain to sank when she called me a crazy mother and threatened me. I won't use any of the other words she used. I don't think she will ever get it and it doesn't matter b/c she done here.

Just try to remember this if you have a family member who does something to make the news here, and it doesn't have to be much, don't come on here expecting sympathy!! You won't get it from these folks. JUST DON'T COME ON HERE AN READ ANYTHING!!!! Some have a different form of humor than others and if you are a grown up you should know this. That is just the way life is take it or leave it. Suck it up and grow a pair b/c I'm sure you won't agree with everyone all your life.

Okay that may not of made any season, but that's me:) I like my ljworld bloggers, posters, what ever you want to be called;)

multi - thanks for the laughs and the info earlier:)

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

I think there are a few people who have been misread on here. The thing that people aren't seeing are the private emails that are being sent and the things that are being said in them.

I think people need to understand these are just comments. Yes some may poke fun, but have a sense of humor. People are trying to make light of something that could of turned out very bad for many more people.

I take back nothing I have said. And I guess if I can't be forgiven for the things I said , I'm going to h e double hockey sticks:)

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

Dancemom, I vote for you post her PM's on here with the obscenities bleeped!

Tamara, you're welcome. we live to serve, and when a target of opportunity arises, we're usually on the mark. this was well above average for targets, and marks!

and Gomer Pyle at the gas station gases up his car, washes the windshield before the chase. gives him advice on how to maximize speed from that car LOL.

other police officers played by: David Janson; 1adam12; and Harry Conic Jr, who breaks out into song during the pursuit in Broadway fashion.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

2stuffed - And what do you call what you are doing?

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

getstuffed2 - You're boring us. Tell stank and her cousins to come back. The movie cast is incomplete.

bearded_gnome 6 years, 1 month ago

well, there's no hurry, they know where he's sleeping and eating.

2stuffy, you're not too bright, are you?

TopJayhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

sank4ever. Thank you. No one has ever made Topeka look so good. We all know what a classy place Wichita is. And may I suggest a good book for you during those boring days when no one is yelling or racing? It's called "homynims are our friends."

papaya 6 years, 1 month ago

Wait. a. minute.

Is the crystal couch thread interwoven with this thread? Did our car chase hero really lose his stash in a couch?

Wow.

grammaddy 6 years, 1 month ago

Somebody please explain to 2stuffed that Christ was not "reborn" on Easter Sunday, he was supposedly resurrected. If you must have an imaginary friend, please get the story straight.

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

Wait a second. The guy tried to outrun the cops on a couch with meth in it? Now I'm really confused.

grammaddy 6 years, 1 month ago

This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends. Some people started posting here not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting here forever just because....

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

Let's shoot for 1,000 post on this article. I'll start. So, how's everyone's day going so far?

jonas_opines 6 years, 1 month ago

"Everyone sins, nobody is perfect. You can follow Jesus all you want but in the end there is only one judge."

woodenfleaeater 6 years, 1 month ago

Wasn't she doing a cover of "Just Eat It" by Weird Al?

grammaddy 6 years, 1 month ago

Isn't that kind of stuff part of the open records thing? You just took the time to look it up and post it. What gives?!!

Dayle Hodges 6 years, 1 month ago

Still being entertained! Why aren't we hearing the details? I had a strong hunch that there were drugs in that couch...Is it true that there were no charges filed in Lawrence?? Please LJW give us some updates!! It's clear that the "people" want to know!

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

Multi - thanks for the info. I'll have to agree with the funny part. I don't think many of us were just a different sense of humor. Hope all this fun doesn't dampen your easter weekend:)

Yes, I remember the story from out there and I wondered what happened.

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

Why does the "package in the sofa" topic keep appearing? Is it because they were having a yard sale and he was trying to run down the two people who took it with permission to get his "package" back?

Signed, Confused in Lawrence

p.s. I love Autie's idea of the flowchart. This family tree is harder to follow than Days of Our Lives.

Sheila Hooper White 6 years, 1 month ago

If that's true I'm sure they will love to see the private emails some of us recv'd. So more power to her but I doubt she has much of a case. I think she is telling stories...hmmm, and she didn't like the movie suggestions from people above. (sarcasm)

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

With that little bit of info this thread may gain new life, change direction and break 1000!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Is everybody else getting the :Service Temporarily Unavailable" window most of the time this afternoon?......

...............

............................

...........

Black helicopters closing in! Must retreat to bunker!!!!

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Thought they were looking for me. Turns out it's you.

Alert status back to orange................

papaya 6 years, 1 month ago

Ahhhh the ol' 2-bit Wichita lawyer ruse. Works every time.

So. Who plays the lawyer?

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

That's ridiculous! No such thing as "excessive ammo"!

Oops! Forgot this site being monitored!

...........................

...............................

back to bunker.............;-)

Lifetime Movie.........Lawyer.......hmmmmm????

Eric Roberts or Patrick Duffy

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Wondering what the new blue rectangles were. With adblocker (or whatever the daughter put in this computer) that's all I'm seeing. Blue rectangles....................

Getting sleepy...............

What ..........are ......blue........rectangles?............

subliminal ...........messages ...........conspiracy.............

bunker........ must .............. fin...d......................

Too........ late................. sky ...............falling

First convert hand crank generator to bicycle power to charge bank of batteries. Then a simple automotive ac converter should do the trick. Difficult to insulate the peddling action from typing, throw in adjusting the aluminum foil beanie (or copper mesh) every now and then and typo's abound...........

(Found out I'm not paranoid, everybody really are talking about me)

:[

Linda Aikins 6 years, 1 month ago

Sorry all of you. I'm seeing Bobby Sherman all over this officer role.

papaya 6 years, 1 month ago

Can we get waka1 or ocean to play the dealer?

RoeDapple 6 years, 1 month ago

Okay everybody, approaching 400 comments, go for 500!

any cousins got anythang to ad?

Jonathan Kealing 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm officially putting a fork in this thread.

Jonathan Kealing Online editor