Archive for Saturday, September 13, 2008

Army Reservists visit Sunflower students

Sunflower School students listen to US Army Reserve soldiers speak Friday at the school. The soldiers spoke to the students about their civilian lives and their past deployments. The Reservists will leave Monday for a yearlong mission to Iraq.

September 13, 2008

Army Reservists visit Sunflower students

Students at Sunflower Elementary got a visit from soldiers who are soon deploying to Iraq. Enlarge video

Seven Iraq-bound soldiers paid a visit to students at Sunflower School on Friday.

The Army Reservists from the 538th Transportation Company Detachment, which is training at Fort Riley, talked to second- and sixth-graders about what it means to be deployed.

"We all come together to do one thing, and that is to serve in the military, and you're the reason we do that," said 2nd Lt. John Barbee, who has two children, Sanders and John, at Sunflower.

Several of the soldiers have served in Iraq or Afghanistan and gave the students some insight into what those places are like.

"If you thought snowstorms were bad, you should see a sandstorm," said Spc. Paul Fancy, who has served in Kuwait and Afghanistan.

The soldiers, who will deliver supplies to troops in the field, listened to the young students as they shared some of their own tales of loved ones who have served in the wars.

Barbee said it can be difficult to talk to children about war.

"Sometimes as grown-ups, we don't even understand it," he said. "What they (kids) see on CNN or a blurb in the newspaper is all they get, but as long as they understand that we volunteer to do what we do there - and we like doing what we do."

Phyllis Buchele, a school librarian, said it was valuable for the kids to see soldiers up close and personal, rather than on the news.

"These are soldiers, but they have regular jobs. That gives the kids a personal connection to the soldiers," she said.

Barbee said he hopes the students will send letters to the troops while they are on their yearlong deployment.

"That really does keep us motivated and keeps us going to do what we do," he said. "Sometimes it does get hard."

Comments

ss18 5 years, 6 months ago

tunahelper (Anonymous) says: all you leftist libtards need to pack up and move to China where they will kick your sorry yellow coward butt!More fine example of advanced righttalk.....or babble.

gogoplata 5 years, 7 months ago

tunahelper, I have heard this neoconservative propaganda that you are spewing many times before. No matter how many times you say it won't make it true. Also you shouldn't make the mistake of placing all antiwar people in the liberal camp. I just may be more conservative than you are.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

tunahelper (Anonymous) says: all you leftist libtards need to pack up and move to China where they will kick your sorry yellow coward butt!why don't you make me......come on....show yer face and knock on my door and make me...!!!!!

Pilgrim 5 years, 7 months ago

notnowdear (Anonymous) says:yes, and this country is looking more like the days during the rise of Hitler than ever before.******Godwin's Law = loser.

Pilgrim 5 years, 7 months ago

Ike_will_strike (Anonymous) says:Yep- begin the indocteration:..*****Jeez, I expected some crap like this would show up. I just didn't think it would be the very first one.Pathetic.

tunahelper 5 years, 7 months ago

all you leftist libtards need to pack up and move to China where they will kick your sorry yellow coward butt!The reservists are the really HEROES, not omaba or hillary.If you can read this, thank a teacher.If you can read this in English, thank an American Soldier!p.s. Sarah Palin ROCKS!!!

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

madmike (Anonymous) says: Very cute ike, or is it Col_Bud_Holland, or Billowriely? Sending me profanity-filled email through the LJW. How typical of you. Do you really believe that you can't be traced? Or that obtaining your ISp is any more difficult than an administrative subpoena? Eventually, you will put yourself in jail, and I'll be there to testify against you.Those is big words from a little guy with big dreams.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

madmike is doing bondwomen in the butt right now.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

bondmen (Anonymous) says: madmike, looks like the dead and gone "evolve" character has resurrected as "Ike_will_strike" and he's been real busy sending hate filled, profanity laced e-mails to me tooLooks like someone can't take the same dish they put out.

Ralph Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

Correction, they "WOULD NOT" have been at the school without permission.

Ralph Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

Again I ask, did anyone stop to think that Lt Barbee's children may have asked their dad to come to the school? To reiterate, they would have been at the school without permission from the school.

bondmen 5 years, 7 months ago

madmike, looks like the dead and gone "evolve" character has resurrected as "Ike_will_strike" and he's been real busy sending hate filled, profanity laced e-mails to me too. I guess he doesn't have the necessary cojones to post it for everybody else to read and see what a truly sorry little fella he turned out to be. My guess is he was raised in a less than ideal family situation and sadly it stuck with him. There is hope icke but first you must face yourself and admit you are a lost soul and on your way to the bad place if things don't quickly change.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

Eventually, you will put yourself in jail, and I'll be there to testify against you.Yeah- in yer dreams redneck.You can't fool someone with a higher IQ than you.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

denak 5 years, 7 months ago

I spent 5 years in the Marine Corps so I have no problem with the military. However, I do have to wonder what was the academic neccissity of this visit for 2nd graders who are usually 7 years old.I'm not really sure what they will take away from this encounter considering at 7, they are only just developing their critical thinking skills and learning the difference betweeen fantasy and reality and other abstract ideas.I suppose I could get behind this more if we lived closer to a military base and thus had more children whose parents were actually in the service and service over in Iraq or Afghanistan. I could see the value in this if it was a way to alliveate anxiety in the children whose parents are serving.As for the 6th graders, other than I question the academic need for this kind of visit, I don't think it did any damage. The boys probably thought it was "cool." However, in the future, I think these types of visits should be left to the older grades where the students can understand the significance of what the soldiers are saying.Dena

madmike 5 years, 7 months ago

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Yes, this is the year of Ike, and he warned us against the military-industrial-complex.I think we should take Ike as a symbol that this country needs to have a hurricane of government reform.Sadly McCain or Palin are not the men to do it (gender confusion intentional).

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

our Army reservists and our active forces will continue to fight for your right to say whatever you want to, whenever you want to say it. Realy? I thought it was a right from the Bill of Rights.

gogoplata 5 years, 7 months ago

Domino. What media crap am I buying? George W himself has admitted that there was no terrorist link between Iraq and the attacks on this country. I do respect soldiers who have the moral integrity to be faithful to their oath to support and uphold the constitution. Sadly there are too few of them. If more were faithful we wouldn't be able to wage unconstitutional wars. That is why I stated correctly that those who ignore their oath to fight in these wars are not fighting for Joe Americans freedom. They are fighting for a government that has no problems trampling on the constitution. If it sounds nasty to you. Too bad. I love this country but I strongly disagree with our government leaders blatant disregard for our constitution that was designed to limit governments abuse of power. More people need to wake up to the fact that our federal government is more of a threat to individual liberty than the terrorists the troops are "saving" us from.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Mad mike, I love our police and think they should be paid much, much more than they are. I think they do a great job. Praise for the local police. What neighbors?Of course, anyone here knows that madmike has no productive content, just insults. As long as he is picking on me, he is not picking on anyone else. I can take it.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Ralph, you appear to be someone to be honored and respected. Thank you for your service. Hope you are not a recruiter.I didn't join but was heavily recruited, due to ASVAB scores. The recruiter kept staring at my chest, and at that time, my chest was full of glory. I am not stupid. Actions speak much louder than words. So, thanks for the heart but it is unnecessary. I don't want to mislead you.No, I still believe that those AF soldiers, who assisted to ship nukes illegally, got their orders from ones much higher than those who were punished. But that is the current nature of the armed forces, isn't it? And it is indeed the nature of the shadow government Bush touts as being in place.What about those poor Ft. Bragg soldiers? Got a counter on that one?I will request that my child be omitted from any presentations by the military. I would far rather he design and build those weapons you use than actually aim them at people and places.And yes, I am sure you would like to know who I am. But so far, we still have some battered semblance of the right to privacy. I hope. Sunflower readily assures me we do. But word gets around. I am sure there are some who know.

madmike 5 years, 7 months ago

Notnow has had a lunatic stand on most everything as long as I can remember. She hates men, hates the military, hates the police, believes in 9/11 conspiracy theories and is an all-rounf wierdo leftist. I feel sorry for her kids. I am sure that her neighbors have already written her off as a looney-tune!

Ralph Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

Windlass (Anonymous) writes: consumer alertredcats usa commits Identity Theft. They have operations out of both Taunton, Massachusettes, and Indianapolis, Indiana.**Just curious as I've not looked. Did you post this just here, or on every thread?**I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

domino 5 years, 7 months ago

notnow - So it's ok for you to insult our troops because it is your opinion, but I'm not allowed to express my opinion of you? I'm reminded of an old saying -Arguing with a farmer is like wrestling a pig in the mud - sooner or later, you realize the pig is enjoying it!!Have a great rest of the weekend!

Windlass 5 years, 7 months ago

CONSUMER ALERTREDCATS USA commits Identity Theft. They have operations out of both Taunton, Massachusettes, and Indianapolis, Indiana. For your protection avoid the following mail-order catalogs: BrylaneHome, Jessica London, KingSize, Woman Within, OneStopPlus.com, Roaman's, and La Redoute. There may be more catalogs that I'm not aware of at this time. Folks, NEVER shop at any business that does not have a brick and mortar street address, but that has only a post office box number. Other red flags include an 800 number, and a website. REDCATS USA(800)528-5148Redcats.Credit@redcatsusa.com

Ralph Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

*Finally, read the article. The soldiers spoke to the 2nd and 6th grade students. Lt Barbee has children in the 2nd and 6th grades and Sunflower. Who's to say his kids didn't ask him to come speak? Further, they would not have been at the school without first having received permission from the school.A note to those who say they don't want their children exposed to the military in school. You have the right to ask that your child be kept from such "exposure," and the school will make every attempt to comply. The same goes if you don't want your child to be exposed to the teaching of evolution or the teaching of intelligent design (creationism) in science classrooms.*****I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

Ralph Reed 5 years, 7 months ago

notnowdear (Anonymous) writes: "I hope you are willing to protect us from that US shadow government that illegally ships nukes across the country and sends nuke triggers to highly volatile areas in the world.Are you willing to go against your orders to protect the US Constitution and the rights of the american people?"It wasn't a shadow government that caused the "shipment." AND, those responsible for the incidents have been punished.Every soldier takes an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreig and domestic. You evidently know this. Your statements indicate they don't.*dr_k (Anonymous) writes: "Let's all meet at midnight in front of cty (sic) hall. We'll fight until this is settled."Actually, given the level of discussion of late on the LJW forums (not just this thread), your jibe should read, 'dr_k (Anonymous) says: Let's all meet behind the bowling alley on the way home from school. We'll fight until this is settled.'*Ike_will_strike (Anonymous) writes: "Anarchists are thinking people with principles, while todays "soldiers" are more likey to kill civilians and nothing more than programed robots."That's a gross generalization Ike. From Wikipedia (as a quick source). Anarchism is a political philosophy encompassing theories and attitudes which support the elimination of all compulsory government. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism)You extend that, and the first sign that a group is imposing something compulsory results in that which is not anarchy: don't steal, and don't kill your neighbor are a couple of examples.*just_another_bozo_on_this_bus (Anonymous) writes: "Such as the choice to get their brains blown out?"bozo, every soldier (encompassing all the military) knows full well the possibility exists they won't come home; they'll come home in a body bag; they'll come home as damaged goods; or they'll be fine. So, yes, they did make a choice.*notnowdear (Anonymous) writes: "Yes, when it came time for me to be a soldier, I knew instinctively that my place in the armed forces was to allow military officers to cop feels and rape me."Notnowdear, it was reprehensible (sp?) that this happened to you. I know it won't make it better, but I'm sorry it did.******I'm me. Who are you behind your hood of anonymity?

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh yes, insult me. That really proves your point.

domino 5 years, 7 months ago

notnow - I feel so much better after reading the rest of your posts. I did allow you to push my buttons at first, but, after reading your last several posts, realize that you are really and truly nuts! Maybe the nice people at Osawatamie can help keep you from the shadowy government and nukes and rapists and boogie men under the bed and maybe even yourself!

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

And then no one wants to address the strange pseudo-religious possessions that has overcome our armed forces. Why is that? The Air Force is in huge trouble with Gates and no one wants to talk about that.Some faction within the Air Force want to make their arm of military forces a religious crusade. With only 11% of the US population evangelical, that is going to be a really tough endeavor.Military recruiters are desperate, there is no doubt about it. No one is enlisting but the illegals. That is what happens when you use a phrase "Army of One." (LOL, self-fulfilling prophesy) and lie to your recruits, and make promises you simply will not, cannot keep, and don't allow people to come home when their contract is up, and when you don't report all the fatalities that occur, and repress complaints of sexual abuse within your forces, and when soldiers murder their wives and selves, and when you continue to give anthrax vaccinations that cause some to have mental disorders despite evidence that it is an extremely harmful vaccination, and .... Surely you don't want me to continue to list all the uglies about the armed forces?

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh yes, lets have war! Why aren 't you people sick to death of war? War is the last answer when all other efforts have failed. It takes lots of brains NOT to fight and no brains to fight.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

Yes, when it came time for me to be a soldier, I knew instinctively that my place in the armed forces was to allow military officers to cop feels and rape me. Come on now. Some of you are honorable, and some are not.But you are no better than the noble people who haul our trash, teach in our schools, man our election polls, nurse us to health, stand up for our legal rights, check our groceries.To think that some of you fellas stand above us in all matters great and small is just wrong. I refuse the brainwash.AND yes, I will endoctrinate my child as I see fit. I am indeed the one who loves, who nurtures, who feeds, who clothes, who nurses, who cares, who cried for their pain. It is my job to endoctrinate, not the armed forces.Do you feel so small that you insist others put you on a pedestal because you served?I honor WWI and WWII vets, the drafted Vets, but other than that, all the rest of you are equal to all others in society, no higher, no lower.

tlangas54 5 years, 7 months ago

Hey,hey!! Calm down kids! I got censored for NOT calling someone a complete idiot! Can't we just agree to disagree? Can't we all just get along? This was fun. We'll do it again real soon. Again, don't worry, you little leftist anarchists, the REAL adults will be on the wall tonight, standing their posts, just like every night since 1776.

Godot 5 years, 7 months ago

"September 2008 at 10:13 a.m.Suggest removal Permalinkjust_another_bozo_on_this_bus (Anonymous) says: I wonder if they'll have the anarchists address the kids next week."Why? It would be nothing new for them, the anarchists are the ones who create the curriculum. That's why high school graduates cannot read or write or do math.

dr_k 5 years, 7 months ago

Let's all meet at midnight in front of cty hall. We'll fight until this is settled. It'll be great...blood and body parts everywhere (just like Topeka on a Saturday night). We'll call channel six and get it on tape. I'll be there to cheer everyone on, "Go, fight, die!"

notajayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

"Such as the choice to get their brains blown out?"Let's see, in the recent past, boohoozo criticized the poor man who was struck by the bus on his moped saying he should have been riding on the bus instead (and expressed gratitude that no one on the bus was hurt), that parents of children with disabilities should be excluded from positions of responsibility outside the home, and now he denigrates those who have chosen to make the ultimate sacrifice for their country. Boohoozo, why don't you load up your bus with the rest of the slime cowering under their beds hoping someone else will protect them (while insulting them for doing so) and go somewhere that appreciates your mindless drivel? If you could find someplace that caters to such worthless, spineless, fools.

tlangas54 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh, Ike, you silly boy, SOMEONE has to get violent to make sure the wimps of the world still have a place to whine!

tlangas54 5 years, 7 months ago

You're right, Bozo (real name?) I should have called you what you are, a spoiled American who thinks freedom is free. An uninformed citizen who thinks the whole world is our friend and that militaries are not necessary. You sound like an elitist, so perhaps you have a history book, or two, around the loft. If so, referrence the fact that every free society only became free by force and it remains free because its citizens remain willing to die to keep their freedom. Don't worry Bozo, our Army reservists and our active forces will continue to fight for your right to say whatever you want to, whenever you want to say it. They leave the rhetoric to unarmed "Bozos" like you and me. (I am sorry that you thought the previous insult was a "schoolyard taunt", your school must have had a REALLY boring schoolyard.)

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

Why is it that conservitives get angry and even violent when someone has another opinion???I have read there is link between religion and violence......wonder why.

domino 5 years, 7 months ago

gogoplata - I think it is sad that there are still so many people who buy into all the media crap like you apparently do. The service you are "not at all grateful for" includes your right to get online and post nasty, hateful comments from the privacy of your home - you will not be found out, you will not be persicuted for your beliefs because of those who you say are not serving you. In fact, you have the right to go spout your opinions, which in my opinion is assinine, from any street corner you want! You will not be thrown in jail or members of your family tortured or killed because of your beliefs. You are entitled to your beliefs, just as I am, and I believe you are an idiot!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 7 months ago

Is a schoolyard taunt really an opinion, Tom?

tlangas54 5 years, 7 months ago

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 7 months ago

"Let's hope there's enough of your children's minds remaining when they can get away from you to remember how to make good choices."Such as the choice to get their brains blown out?

gogoplata 5 years, 7 months ago

It is sad that there are still so many people who think that what our militay is doing is heroic or has any thing to do with protecting citizens un the USA. I am not at all grateful for your service. You are not serving me. You are not serving your country. You are serving a corrupt government.

domino 5 years, 7 months ago

OMG!!! I can't even begin to express how much some of the comments pi$$ me off - especially those from "notnowdear"! Let me start by saying that just because you don't support the war doesn't mean you can't support the troops!!! The armed forces did not "take" or "steal" these young men and women who are serving our country - every single one of them who is over there right now VOLUNTEERED!!!!! There is no draft and no one forced them to go prior to their volunteering!!! They knew when they signed up that there was a chance this would happen and if they choose to ignore the possibility, that is their responsibility, not the governments! Too often, people don't stop and think that these soldiers VOLUNTEERED - there is no draft - there is no forcing them to join the military at this point in time. Maybe you need to take some time and find a soldier who was drafted, and sent to spend a year or more in Vietman. And yes, they were drafted - they didn't volunteer - and they did not run and hide in Canada as many did. They watched their commrads die, saw things young men should never have to see and yes, they killed. War sucks!!! notnow - if you have so much contempt and disdain for our country, why don't you pack your bags and take your happy a$$ to Canada or Mexico or somewhere else where you would not have to associate with what you call "bottom feeders" - many of us would be happy to have you gone. I can only assume your children are small and not yet to an age where they might decide to join the military. I wonder what will happen if that day ever comes? Will you disown them and call them "bottom feeders"? How will you feel about people who would call your child by names like that? None of us raise our children hoping they will go into the military and be killed in a war. But neither do we hope they will die by any means!! I still have one child who would be prime age if they would reinstate the draft. I pray that will never happen, but if it does, I'm sure he would go and serve his country just as his father, who by the way was drafted and sent to Vietnam, did! I'm equally as sure I would spend many sleepless night and cry buckets of tears. I would like nothing more than to have every single young man/woman who is overseas right now come home safely, but until they do, I will pray for them.

madmike 5 years, 7 months ago

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

madmike- "leftist pigs"....hahahow about rightists........All the right can do is make threats and name call.....haha

madmike 5 years, 7 months ago

What a bunch of leftist pigs! You shouldn't even be allowed to have children. In your cases, it is too bad that birth control isn't retroactive!

notajayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

"I refuse to take on the brainwash that they are."First you'd have to take on a brain.

notajayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

And you want to keep your children locked away and exposed to nothing but your own brainwashing, right, notnowdear? That's the 'freedom' you advocate for?Not that I believe you've ever had a job, but do you feel that way about everyone who 'turn over their lives' to others to make the decisions?You have no idea what it means to be a soldier, or to serve others in any way for that matter. Let's hope there's enough of your children's minds remaining when they can get away from you to remember how to make good choices.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

A soldier is no more heroic than a firefighter or a nurse.I refuse to take on the brainwash that they are.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

The soldiers, some of them, are as noble as the rest of us. BUT they don't decide the agenda. God knows who does decide waar agendas, but whoever it is does not have parental love for the soldier, which makes them less important than the parent who does indeed love their child.And you have to question people who turn over their lives so that everything can be decided for them and that, in being a soldier, their American rights thus are greatly reduced. I hardly think a person can fight for freedoms they do not themselves have.Let's not white-wash what it means to be a soldier.

notajayhawk 5 years, 7 months ago

Thank you, Lt. Barbee, Spc. Fancy, and all the others who have so bravely volunteered to make the sacrifices you endure for your country. I certainly hope you are all aware that the morons of looney-Larrytown, who think that serving their country means tearing it down at every opportunity on their computers from mommy's basement, don't even represent the views of Kansas, let alone the nation, and the majority of us respect, support, and are grateful for your service. And that there are those of us who sincerely hope children of parents like notnowdear benefit from your positive example instead of being locked away to become good little socialists. Please watch out for yourselves and all of you come home safe. Thank you for all you do, over there and over here, too.

DonQuipunch 5 years, 7 months ago

^Why I am ashamed to live in this godless, liberal city.Soldiers are bigger heroes than any of you will ever be and I'm glad to see them in our schools.

Confrontation 5 years, 7 months ago

Yeah, don't forget kids, your daddy with his rifle in the garage is able to protect this country all by himself. Forget about having these brave men in the army protecting you and your nation from attacks. Your daddy drives a big chevy truck and eats his meat.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

yes, and this country is looking more like the days during the rise of Hitler than ever before.Armed forces, you cannot have my child. I did not raise this child, cry over his/her pain, feed her/him, clothe and nurture her/him so that you could steal him/her and put them in some political or ambitious war that they cannot leave when the time comes, and have them die. I will not make that kind emotional sacrifice for some political agenda that did not allow me to participate in setting, in creating.Kiss off, recruits. You are the bottom feeders of society.

faceit 5 years, 7 months ago

Germany proved this works with the pilot program. In fact, the pope was a member of the Hitler Youth.

notnowdear 5 years, 7 months ago

I will refuse to allow my child to participate in anything like this. Will make notes of what can and cannot be done to my child upon entering school.I will not accept this kind of endoctrination! Will fight it all the way to the top courts.Lawrence School system, be very glad my child is not at Sunflower. If it happens to my child, there will be a great price to pay.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 7 months ago

You don't need to agree with the anarchists' political viewpoints, or the ways they express them, to at least recognize that in this country you used to be able to hold dissenting views from those of the government. Shouldn't the kids at least be informed of what rights they might have had?But I guess BG confirms that, at least in his opinion, the purpose of the soldiers' visit was to indoctrinate, not to educate.

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

bearded_gnome 5 years, 7 months ago

incredible! boozo-on-the-liberal-bus makes the implication of moral equivalence between reservists and anarchists! the anarchists *had to be driven out of G-town because they refused to recognize martial law! so, boozo, why would they have the anarchists coming next week? is that week "trip to the zoo week?"

BuffyloGal 5 years, 7 months ago

Only if the kids promise to write them letters too.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 7 months ago

I wonder if they'll have the anarchists address the kids next week.

faceit 5 years, 7 months ago

Remember kids..."Have a plan to kill everyone you meet today"

Ike_will_strike 5 years, 7 months ago

Yep- begin the indocteration.....FORT RILEY - A Fort Riley soldier has been identified as responsible for making a threatening cell phone call to an atheist soldier who is suing the government over religious freedom.Officials declined to identify the soldier by name. But they sayhe is in the same 97th Military Police Battalion as Private FirstClass Jeremy Hall, who received the call. The message was lacedwith obscenities and a racial slur and directed at Hall, his wifeand family.Lieutenant Colonel David L. Chase, the unit's commander, saysthe soldier was intoxicated when he made the call. He says itdoesn't appear there was ever a serious threat against Hall or hisfamily.Chase says the calling solider will be disciplined. Hall's lawsuit is pending in federal court in Kansas City, Kansas.