Archive for Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bush to appear at private fundraiser for Jenkins

September 4, 2008

— President Bush will be featured at a private fundraiser for Republican 2nd Congressional District candidate Lynn Jenkins.

The invitation-only event will be Tuesday, Sept. 16, at the home of Jana and Tony Barry.

Jenkins faces U.S. Rep. Nancy Boyda, D-Topeka, in the Nov. 4 election.

Contributions of $5,000 per person and $7,500 per couple are required for preferred viewing, photo opportunities with Bush and special recognition as a co-host, according to an invitation to the luncheon reception.

To simply attend the reception will require a $500 contribution.

Comments

1029 6 years, 3 months ago

If Jenkins wanted to lose the election, why did she even battle Ryun for the Republican nomination?

LiberalDude 6 years, 3 months ago

Nice. I remember when Jim Ryun had Bush do a fundraiser in Topeka before the last election. I think this sealed the deal on his loss. At this point, even my Republican friends don't like Bush. This should help Boyda get re-elected!

dagopman 6 years, 3 months ago

Boyda is an idiot and feckless as a Congresswoman! The woman has done nothing productive!

Confrontation 6 years, 3 months ago

I'm sure that Bush has appeared in many private fundraisers for Palin. A beauty queen's got to do what a beauty queen's got to do.

sarahkatheryn 6 years, 3 months ago

how is it possible when contributions after the primary are only $2300 that a contribution for this event can be received for $5,000 or $7500 for couples? Isn't that a violation of campaign finance law? Or is Jenkins funneling money places with the help of the President - also a violation of campaign finance law.

UFC_FAN 6 years, 3 months ago

yea, im sure it is a federal violation that the went unnoticed. brush up on your campaign laws before you post.

dagopman 6 years, 3 months ago

I'm not a supporter of any of the candidates: I don't see a good choice in this election. I feel like I'm stuck with the lesser of two evils: with Boyda being the biggest evil!