Letters to the Editor

Clutter attack

May 24, 2008

To the editor:

Wow, is my bedroom a mess! I'm a 14-year-old girl with a lot of clothes, shoes and jewelry. It's a miracle that I can even find an outfit to wear in the morning.

I would just like to thank you for the information given in the Monday, May 19, article, "Clear the Clutter." I absolutely love the idea of getting a plain white trunk or bin and decorating it.

Maybe now I could finally find my left adidas flip flop in those jungles of clothes!

Nicole Bostick,
Lawrence

Comments

jafs 5 years, 11 months ago

Perhaps she has too much stuff?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 11 months ago

"thanks multi. breatharian:so, he just lives on 'hot air?' okay."Why do you think I offered you a position in my minion corps?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

jonas, two points. yes, the use of the word "before" in the wrong place. I plead temporary insanity due to eating spicey pork rinds.

jonas 5 years, 11 months ago

Uh oh! Gnome with the grammarian!FAIL!

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

sorry, bozo, you couldn't pay my scale. besides, I already did volunteer work in a locked mental hospital before. ***thanks multi. breatharian...so, he just lives on 'hot air?' okay.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Gnome get points for creative thought! Caretakers, funny.Bozo, I'd never heard of breatharians before. Do I need to google this like the prairie squid TOB mentioned?gnome says;boozo has minians? do they wear little uniforms:do they have little shiney helmets?****Are all of snap's lemurs accounted for?(And how about their right feet?)

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 11 months ago

Actually, I'm a breatharian, so I have no need of food. This is how I can afford a staff of minions.If you're interested, you have all the qualifications to be a minion, though obviously you'd have to start at the very bottom, BG. You really should begin thinking about a career for yourself. Minionhood could be just what you're looking for.

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

I'm much too busy and important to clean my own room. I have a whole staff of minions who take care of that for me.--bozo,shhhhhhhhhhh! [whisper] don't tell bozo, those are actually the employees of ...his sanitarium. they also pat him on the head and set his meals in front of him three times a day.

Charles L Bloss Jr 5 years, 11 months ago

That was NOT funny. An entire family was murdered. Thank you, Lynn

hitme 5 years, 11 months ago

Truman Capote wrote an entire novel about a Clutter attack

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

I believe, as a public service, the LJWorld needs to get over to this young lady's home and take a "before" picture. then, later, an "after" picture. I also think nicole bostick is courageous for writing this letter and admitting her problem. we know, the first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one!she could become a posterchild, and leader of a local support group here. would not have to be limited to teens. thanks for your example nicole, can I sign my wife up for your support group?

bearded_gnome 5 years, 11 months ago

bozo this is entirely inappropriate for you to write a lte like this--LOL!***boozo has minians? do they wear little uniforms...do they have little shiney helmets? ... minions. right.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 5 years, 11 months ago

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 5 years, 11 months ago

Now her parents have it in writing that she is going to clean her room. She can't get out of it now.

been_there 5 years, 11 months ago

Well, since the LJW calls and checks the validity of every writer, Nicole must be for real. Pretty funny though. If I remember right, in the seventh grade, one of my kid's assignments was to clean their room completely. The school gave them an instruction sheet and a checklist. The parent had to sign the checklist attesting that everything was done. I wonder if they still do that?

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

I meant that totally in good fun, that was hilarious!Many know that by now. I guess you didn't see I was first refering to BP making me laugh too hard at his comment about co-dependant. Then I read yours and it got me laughing even harder.{8~D

bisky1 5 years, 11 months ago

bozo's just a fun guy to be aroundtaking these threads a little to seriously aren't you, multi

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 11 months ago

Bp got me on the council not paying the bill thread..you're going to do me in bisky1. ;)Did you sit there and think of who to name, or did you throw a dart at one of the threads to choose?

bisky1 5 years, 11 months ago

bozo this is entirely inappropriate for you to write a lte like this