Letters to the Editor

Meeting Boyda

May 2, 2008

To the editor:

Two weeks ago, Baldwin City had a real treat in receiving "Congress in Your Corner" with congresswoman Nancy Boyda. For two hours, we heard explanations and updates on congressional actions. People asked her questions regarding Social Security, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and No Child Left Behind. Congressional staff were on hand to help with advice and paperwork.

Boyda was informative and interesting. In a time when politically framed rhetoric is often misleading or untrue, it was a relief to hear the history and context of Washington's actions.

Channette Kirby,

Baldwin City

Comments

jlw53 5 years, 11 months ago

Funny how beobachter reveals him(her)self in assuming that the early posters are Ryun supporters. Shows a strong prejudice of thought.Boyda is worthless.I agree with situveux1. This is a stupid letter with no real point except to get Boyda's name in the paper again.

Steve Jacob 5 years, 11 months ago

Your assuming Ryan will win the primary. Even if he does, Boyda should win on the coattails of Obama this election.

situveux1 5 years, 11 months ago

What a stupid letter. If all Boyda supporters are this idiotic I think I'll vote for the other guy.

beobachter 5 years, 11 months ago

Ryun simply thought the religious nuts were all he needed to get re-elected. How wrong he was, and he still fails to understand the simple fact, there are voters other than evangelicals.

Lynn731 5 years, 11 months ago

Ryun did not take the election seriously enough, for his lack of effort he lost. I hope he corrects the situation in the next election. Boyda is hanging on Pelosi's coat tails, and in a recent letter to me, is full of it. I found that It's a waste of time to contact her. Thank you, Lynn

notnowdear 5 years, 11 months ago

So, why is it taking so long to post my comments?

notnowdear 5 years, 11 months ago

And Ryun was bought and paid for by Tom Delay. You cannot argue that.

notnowdear 5 years, 11 months ago

Maybe Jason would rather hear "Praise the lord" for all answers.That doesn't get Kansas anywhere but certainly placates those who would rather not think for themselves and those who cannot deal with less-than concrete answers, and because they refuse to ponder too hard on an issue. Many times, those sessions are a way to gauge what the public at large is thinking on a particular topic. It is a give and take between the good Congressperson and her/his voters.Jason, issues in the political realm are seldom concrete. And your expecting otherwise shows us either your young age or your inability to think for yourself.I believe there was a Jason working for Ryun's DC office when I called all those times. Hmmm!

beobachter 5 years, 11 months ago

if ryun is so great, why is he an ex-congressman?

GIHAWK 5 years, 11 months ago

Boyda is a master of minipulation like the Clintons...

kubacker 5 years, 11 months ago

Nancy Boyda has proven herself to be a thoughtful and constituant friendly representative.

beobachter 5 years, 11 months ago

seems the ryun supporters are up early this am. the only way he would have visited with students would be if they went to his church and prayed with him.

flux 5 years, 11 months ago

Who cares.......Was that so exciting you felt the need to write the editor. You must have a lot of time on your hands channette.

Jason Bailey 5 years, 11 months ago

Boyda was not informative, if anything she is a master of obfuscation which seems to be a prerequisite to any high office these days.Why would hearing about the history and context of Washington's actions be a "relief", as you called it? This makes no sense. I can learn about the history and context of the genocide in Rwanda but that doesn't give me any "relief". I want action, not a history lesson and a wagging finger as she tells me about the context. Either do something or get out of the way of free enterprise so it can.