Letters to the Editor

Meeting Boyda

May 2, 2008

To the editor:

Two weeks ago, Baldwin City had a real treat in receiving "Congress in Your Corner" with congresswoman Nancy Boyda. For two hours, we heard explanations and updates on congressional actions. People asked her questions regarding Social Security, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and No Child Left Behind. Congressional staff were on hand to help with advice and paperwork.

Boyda was informative and interesting. In a time when politically framed rhetoric is often misleading or untrue, it was a relief to hear the history and context of Washington's actions.

Channette Kirby,

Baldwin City

Comments

Jason Bailey 6 years, 11 months ago

Boyda was not informative, if anything she is a master of obfuscation which seems to be a prerequisite to any high office these days.Why would hearing about the history and context of Washington's actions be a "relief", as you called it? This makes no sense. I can learn about the history and context of the genocide in Rwanda but that doesn't give me any "relief". I want action, not a history lesson and a wagging finger as she tells me about the context. Either do something or get out of the way of free enterprise so it can.

flux 6 years, 11 months ago

Who cares.......Was that so exciting you felt the need to write the editor. You must have a lot of time on your hands channette.

GIHAWK 6 years, 11 months ago

Boyda is a master of minipulation like the Clintons...

situveux1 6 years, 11 months ago

What a stupid letter. If all Boyda supporters are this idiotic I think I'll vote for the other guy.

Charles L Bloss Jr 6 years, 11 months ago

Ryun did not take the election seriously enough, for his lack of effort he lost. I hope he corrects the situation in the next election. Boyda is hanging on Pelosi's coat tails, and in a recent letter to me, is full of it. I found that It's a waste of time to contact her. Thank you, Lynn

jlw53 6 years, 11 months ago

Funny how beobachter reveals him(her)self in assuming that the early posters are Ryun supporters. Shows a strong prejudice of thought.Boyda is worthless.I agree with situveux1. This is a stupid letter with no real point except to get Boyda's name in the paper again.

Steve Jacob 6 years, 11 months ago

Your assuming Ryan will win the primary. Even if he does, Boyda should win on the coattails of Obama this election.