Advertisement

Archive for Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6News video: Firefighters respond to Leavenworth County house fire

A devastating fire sparked inside a Leavenworth County home on Wednesday evening. Township firefighters were called to a residence located near the intersection of 234th street and Cantrell just after 6 pm. Four of the five people living in the residence were home at the time of the fire and all were able to escape safely.

June 18, 2008

Advertisement

A devastating fire sparked inside a Leavenworth County home on Wednesday evening. Township firefighters were called to a residence located near the intersection of 234th street and Cantrell just after 6 pm. Four of the five people living in the residence were home at the time of the fire and all were able to escape safely. There were no injuries reported.

Home owner David Blansit told us, he has no idea how the fire started, he just smelled the smoke. He then pulled the cars out of the garage and pulled the barbecue grill away from the home.

Four township fire departments responded to the fire and call it a smooth firefighting effort. "It was fully involved by the time we got the call so by the time we got here it was pretty well going, everything worked out fairly well it was just too far gone by the time we even got a call, let alone about 4 or 5 minutes to get here," says Bill Merkel, who is an Assistant Chief with the Reno Township Fire Department.

The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.