Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fire caused by oily rags, official says

Discarded oily rags are blamed for a house fire Sunday evening in northern Lawrence.

July 22, 2008

Advertisement

Discarded, oily rags that caught fire have been blamed for a Sunday night blaze in Lawrence, a Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical official said.

The home, at 315 N. Crestline Drive, sustained $3,500 in damage, Division Chief Eve Tolefree said in a news release issued Monday.

Firefighters responded about 8 p.m. Sunday to the fire, which was contained to the northern side of the home, Capt. James King said. The home's interior was not damaged.

Tolefree said the fire was accidental.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.