Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical completed the investigation of a mobile home fire that occurred at 10 a.m. Friday at Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th St.
According to a Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical news release, the fire was classified as an accidental, unattended fire from an excessive amount of combustibles stored too closely to a heating source. The mobile home was a total loss with estimated damages of approximately $10,000.
No one was injured in the fire. Three dogs inside the mobile home died. Two other mobile homes nearby were damaged from the fire, but damage estimates were unavailable Saturday.