Archive for Saturday, February 16, 2008

Samaritans lend hand in rescue

February 16, 2008

"After about one block we saw a bunch of smoke," he said.

Then, there were still the errands to run. They both ran six blocks through backyards to Woodman's house to get his car, because Proctor's was blocked by fire trucks. They dropped off Proctor's sister, who fed them a "hero lunch," at Yokohama restaurant, where she works.

Both men were curious about Robson's condition.

"It was pretty crazy. I'd definitely like to talk to the guy," Woodman said.

Because they disappeared from the scene quickly, no one, including Robson's wife, Ada, knew who had helped.

George Robson was released from LMH after being treated for smoke inhalation. He and his wife are living with family until they can renovate their home, which sustained about $90,000 in damages.

Comments

Dixie Jones 6 years, 7 months ago

this is all about what good ppl are ! we need more positive news like this

Charles L Bloss Jr 6 years, 7 months ago

I always agree with people helping others. I think the rescuers were all awesome, my congratulations to all of them! Thank you, Lynn

jrprocto 6 years, 7 months ago

Thanks for posting this story for Jack, Eli, and their families!! I also hope Mr. Robson recovers completely from the incident. It is still an unfortunate ordeal for a family to endure. Our thoughts are with them.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years, 7 months ago

FYI George is doing well I just talked to his daughter yesterday. The family plans on rebuilding and are very thankful for everyone that helped get George out of the house, as for me I thank you as well George and Ada are great people and I am glad I will get to talk with George in the future thanks to your actions.

RadRealTalk 5 years, 6 months ago

i just love how you people who dont even know OUR boys l try and act like you know what REALLY happend, or that you know the character of the alleged "victim". The media has twisted this case so much that it completely makes these boys look like terrible people. They're not. They are the kindest, most generous, and respectable young men. No one would ever expect this of them. Not in a million years. We're are heartbroken. This is so hard for us to see them like this.

if you dont believe me, that they are good people, take a look at this. only about a year ago, did two of these boys RESCUE A MAN FROM A BURNING HOUSE WHO THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW!

"On a serendipitous alternate route Monday morning, two Lawrence men happened upon a house fire where they helped lend a hand and gave their coats to the resident. Jack Proctor, 20, and Eli Woodman, 19, were driving to the nearest ATM before picking up Proctor's sister to take her to work. The ATM would have been west, but for some reason, Proctor decided to go east. "After about one block we saw a bunch of smoke," he said. Out of curiosity they followed the smoke to the house, 1507 W. 27th St., which was engulfed in flames. Proctor parked his car near a hydrant and both ran to the house. They immediately saw Brad Shuck, an agent for McGrew Real Estate, pulling George Robson, 69, out of Robson's doorway. "I'm yelling at him, 'Is anyone else in there?' and he (Shuck) says, 'I need help. I can't breathe,'" Proctor said. The two men helped Shuck pull Robson, who wasn't clothed, out to the street. They put their coats on him as they waited for an ambulance. Woodman was able to retrieve his coat, but Proctor's went with Robson to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Both men were curious about Robson's condition. "It was pretty crazy. I'd definitely like to talk to the guy," Woodman said. "We're very appreciative," Ada Robson, an LMH nurse, said. "There was a yellow blanket and a coat in the emergency room. I have no idea what happened to them. I'm very grateful for that."

Thats copied straight from LJWorld.com. This is the kind of people these boys are. They didn't even know this man, and they saved his life. They RISKED their OWN lives for a COMPLETE STRANGER! now tell me that you believe all of the allegations. because i don't. tell me you believe that this "victim" is telling the truth. These comments are copied directly from LJWorld.com.

RadRealTalk 5 years, 6 months ago

RadRealTalk 5 years, 6 months ago

i just wish the police could know what kind of person he really is. They have the wrong guys in jail. "bobble" as justin berry is commonly called, should be where they are. ask the people who he stole THOUSANDS of dollars worth of electronics and possessions just to get one fix. he's not a person, he's an addiction. and he needs to be locked up before he gets the chance to RUIN anyone else's life!