Agenda highlights • 6:35 p.m. Tuesday • City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets • Sunflower Broadband Channel 25 • Meeting documents online at lawrenceks.org
Industrial park street may be rebuilt
Commissioners are being asked to approve a bid of $164,297 to rebuild Timberedge Road north of Lakeview Drive.
The road is a key street in a Lawrence industrial park. The street primarily serves Reuter Organ Company and adjacent warehouses. The street has broken down over the years because the road was built with no base and has significant amounts of heavy truck traffic.
• Presentation from city of Manhattan representatives of a Federal Emergency Management Association reimbursement payment to the city of Lawrence for its help during the tornado event in June 2008.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the Department of Administrative Services.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Award bid for restroom and shelter cleaning to Jani-King of Kansas City for $10,250; for downtown cleaning to Smart Building Service for $8,775; and for park security to Bob’s Janitorial $9,198. Total for all three services, $28,223, for the Parks and Recreation Department.
b.) Award bid for five chemical metering pumps for the Utilities Department to Fluid Equipment for $27,855.
c.) Award bid for three chemical storage tanks for the Utilities Department to JCI for $61,521.
d.) Award bid for 2009 bus shelter maintenance services for the Lawrence Transit System to Bob’s Janitorial for $9,765.60.
e.) Award City Bid No. B08094, Project No. PW0830, Concrete Reconstruction on Timberedge Road, North of Lakeview Road, to RD Johnson Excavating Co. for $164,297.30 plus 10 percent contingency for a total sum of $180,727.03.
f.) Approve Change Order No. 1 and Final to R.D. Johnson Excavating Co., Inc. for $24,448.56 due to the increase in curb and gutter removal and replacement for the 2008 Overlay Program, Phase 3 project.
g.) Approve Change Order No. 3 to Ballou Construction Co. Inc. for $22,000 due to the increase in patching performed for the 2008 Microsurfacing Program project.
• Adopt on second and final reading, Ordinance No. 8214, amending the animal control ordinance to allow domesticated hedgehogs as pets within the city limits.
• Authorize the Mayor to sign releases of mortgage for Mir-Ali Habbibi-Pasdar at 2612 Moundview and Carlene Hadl, 2504 Century Drive, and a subordination agreement for M. Allisa (Long) Hurst, 714 N. Mich.
• Receive request from Lawrence Freenet to install equipment on overhead illumination poles along Massachusetts Street; refer to staff for report.
• Receive city manager’s report.